ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration rules around Tier1(G) **Senior member pls help**

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tester

Immigration rules around Tier1(G) **Senior member pls help**

Post by tester » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:25 pm

I would like to ask below questions on this forum if anyone can provide credible answers it would be highly appreciated.

Before application
I hold a WP which is valid for 60 months but FLR was only stamped for 18 months which expires 31 Sep 2008. Applied from WP -> Tier1 (General) on 5th Aug 2008 (2 months before the current FLR expires on the passport)

Current status
Applied WP -> Tier1 (General)
Appln Date : 05th August 2008 **its been 25 weeks now**
Ref no. : PB314xxxxxxx
Current status : Called HO couple of times and it blatently say its under consideration.

My questios {given that the current FLR stamped on the passport has expired in Sep 08}

1. If the outcome of the Tier1 application is -ve (or if i decide to withdraw the appln), am i still legally entitled make application for FLR on my WP (which is valid for 60 month, of which 1.5 was originally stamped?

2. Is there a provision to make a parallel application with the HO for FLR (on the valid WP i hold) and make a cover letter with the HO to discontinue my Tier 1 application and start considering the FLR appln. {note that in this case i am not waiting for the outcome of the Tier1 appln nor am i withdrawing it}

I know the questions are very specific hence i urge senior members to share their knowledge and provide credible information where possible.

I have search a lot for above info on the web but could not find useful info.

Responses highly appreciated.

tester

Re: Immigration rules around Tier1(G) **Senior member pls he

Post by tester » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:41 am

Urging members to please read and advice if they are familiar with the rules.