ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

pr after divorce, ho need decree absolute, proof he is still

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bebe2

pr after divorce, ho need decree absolute, proof he is still

Post by bebe2 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:59 am

hi i submitted my app. fo pr in nov, and just got my decree adsolute, the directive is also asking for proof my ex was exercising treaty in divorceuk at the time of the divorce. he wont even speak to me neither wud he give me. employment letter.
what can i do?
hi

tasha75
Member of Standing

Re: pr after divorce, ho need decree absolute, proof he is s

Post by tasha75 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:03 pm

bebe2 wrote:hi i submitted my app. fo pr in nov, and just got my decree adsolute, the directive is also asking for proof my ex was exercising treaty in divorceuk at the time of the divorce. he wont even speak to me neither wud he give me. employment letter.
what can i do?
I'm getting confused now. You've just said that you have been living (and still are) with your husband and 3 children. Do you have more than 1 husband? :?
bebe2 wrote:stopper123
we are thinking of doing the same ,while we have been here for 8 year, my hubby cleaning offices me washing bottoms living in a tiny 2bed with 3 children nd no family around our friends at home are not reach but have a nice environment to raise their kids, lots of freinds and family. they look and sound much happier.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=34750
Do not live your life in fear.

bebe2

Post by bebe2 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:21 am

hi tash,
i understand wat you mean i live in a close ethnic community and know and see how loads of people live. just speaking from wat i see around me not literally ME.

well, dont have kids yet, still hoping.
hi

Mary1

Post by Mary1 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:12 pm

I agree wit tasha75 very confusing and contradicting post you have bebe2.

Anyway to answer your question....If you are divorced and applying to get your pr i assume the process is like the one i am following. I am divorced never applied for a RC and when i applied my case worker requested 9 monts later......

1. Three years proof to show marriage subsisiting for over 3 years. Bank statements, or utility bils in joint names (although marrige cert enclosed and decree absolute enclosed)

2. Proof i am exercising treaty rights as if i were an eea national. Wage slip or employers letter

3.Passport of my ex spouse. original enclosed (still good friends luckily enough with the ex)

4.Proof my ex spouse was exercising treaty rights when divorce was granted wages slips before divorce granted and after it was granted enclosed

All documents requested were to be originals, and they clearly stated copies of any kind would not be accepted. Dont really know how i would have sent her pp if we were not talking.

that was last week but total waiting time so far is 10mnts and still waiting...you will find retention of rights wheather that is what the h/o will give you comes with a long wait, just as every other eea application.

Mary

bebe2

Post by bebe2 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:43 pm

thanks mary, you are the first person that has been asked for eea passport. anyway thanks. your post was very helpful.
hi

juicybiscuit

Post by juicybiscuit » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:36 pm

It's a very grey area.

I sent on all possible documents I could possibly find. My ex-husband would only grant me access to certain documents and during our time married we never had a joint account / bills in my name. Hopefully what I sent was enough.

They never once requested an original passport from my ex. I sent an old photocopy of it that I still had from an old HO application. They haven't asked for the original since. I would find it unlikely this is absolutely necessary as following a divorce the spouse is hardly likely to want to hand it over!

The HO asked for additional info from me (although as far as I'm concerned and my solicitor is concerned what I originally sent was more than enough evidence). The additional docs required was further proof of my ex-husband exercising treaty rights at the time of the divorce proceedings (weird as the regulations do not specify this). I sent in a letter I managed to get from his employer at the time though. Also more evidence that the marriage was genuine and subsisting. Again I had limited extra docs to send so I sent what I could as well as photographic evidence of us on holiday at various locations over the last few years. I also wrote a long letter explaining that our marriage had broken down and that our relationship has broken down somewhat since the divorce - the HO cannot reasonably expect the full co-operation of an ex partner is such cases following a divorce.

It's now been over a year for my application and I have just got an email after filing numerous complaints stating that my application is now complete and that I should receive documentaion shortly.

I wait with my fingers crossed tightly.

bebe2

Post by bebe2 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:00 pm

oh juicybiscuit,
i hope this will bring an end to all your worries my fingers are also crossed for you.

i hope they dont ask for mine ex passport, and even the docs to prove he is still exercising treaty would be difficult for me to get.

my ex is not such a bad guy but his sisters and the new girlfriend are determined to make my life hell and i want to stay away from them as much as i can.

something tells me i will have to go to court to get my right but i hope not.

am sure yours is good news they only email or write before you get your status if the news is good if not it comes through your lawyer.

good luck.
hi

allenboo
- thin ice -

Post by allenboo » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:39 pm

pls how long it takes for divorce matters to be finised with or without the partner

bebe2

Post by bebe2 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:48 pm

mine took about 10 weeks, i kept calling them, and my court is not very busy. the longest time you wud have to wait is 6 weeks and 1 day between the decree nissi and decree absolute to be applied for.
i did it with my ex consent , i dont know about doing it without your husband.
hi