ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport for child-What to do after Form MN1-pls hlp

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

yatin123
Newly Registered

British passport for child-What to do after Form MN1-pls hlp

Post by yatin123 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:53 am

Hi there,
I got my PR status only recently. My 3 yr old son is on Indian passport. I have submitted Form MN1 for my child to be registered as a british citizen. I applied using NCS, so hopefully, I should get his registration done in a few days now.

I have to travel to India by end of Feb and will be back only after 3 months.

Can I apply for my son's british passport after I come back from my holidays? Can he still have Indian passport though he is registered as a british citizen??

Could you please kindly clarify as our trip to India is quite urgent and we cannot wait to make his passport application complete.

Many thanks in advance.

tasha75
Member of Standing

Re: British passport for child-What to do after Form MN1-pls

Post by tasha75 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:28 pm

Did you know that a Fast track route available for a child's first passports application? You have to make an appointment with a passport office and go there in person, but they should issue his passport within a week.

On the other hand, my children were registered as BC at the end of November and we travelled 3 weeks later on my non-UK passport (their details are in there). I didn't want to make postal application that close to the trip (don't trust Royal mail or any other couriers with my passport) and with a baby and a toddler in tow I didn't want to go all the way to London for a Fast track either.
On our return we were asked no questions at the passport control in the UK.
Do not live your life in fear.

leoleoleo
Newly Registered

Post by leoleoleo » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:10 pm

yatin123/tasha

How long it took you to get your child registered as british citizen .I have to travel out of uk on 2nd april .

Thanks
leoleoleo