ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

APPLYING FOR NATURALISATION FROM ABROAD

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

drasif
Newly Registered

APPLYING FOR NATURALISATION FROM ABROAD

Post by drasif » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:20 am

I am hoping to get my ILR next month and than I want to apply for naturalisation in exactly 1 year after it if rules remain same.As I understand you have to be in Uk for atleast 9 months out of 12 months to apply for the naturalisation ,now my question is can I apply from abroad for this application provided I spent already more than 9 months in UK.Also tell me exactly whe the probationary period /temporary residence going to apply from the website say end of 2009 it mean that if I do 1 year ON ILR CAN I APPLY BY EARLY NEXT YEAR FOR PASSPORT OR NOT

parvus1202

Post by parvus1202 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:43 am

You need to be in the UK at the time of application. If the new law is in effect after you apply then your application will be decided under that new law.

tasha75
Member of Standing

Re: APPLYING FOR NATURALISATION FROM ABROAD

Post by tasha75 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:20 pm

drasif wrote:As I understand you have to be in Uk for atleast 9 months out of 12 months to apply for the naturalisation
Out of the last 12 months, that's after you've received your ILR. Altogether you have to be in UK for 6 years (3 if married to BC) to be able to apply for naturalisation.
As you haven't yet applied for ILR then I assume that you've been in the UK for less than 5 years (2 if married to BC/ILR holder). You have to wait at least another year before you apply for naturalisation.
Do not live your life in fear.