ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

subject access request - quick question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

William Blake
Member of Standing

subject access request - quick question

Post by William Blake » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:19 pm

Hi All,

I made a subject access request (SAR) in August 2008. Home Office acknowledged my request and said they were processing it. Now some six months later I have not received anything further from them. I am really cross with the Home Office and they have delayed many of my plans. I am now writing to them agian to chase up the request. But I read the following information regarding SARs:

It is your legal obligation to comply with a Subject Access Request in
accordance with the Act.

Failure to comply could result in compensation being sought by the
person, together with a fine of up to £5000

Also:

What if I don’t respond within the 40 days?Y

You will be in breach of the Sixth Data Protection Principle. The person can then request the Data Protection Supervisor to undertake an assessment of the information you hold about them on their behalf. The person can also seek compensation for distress and the Court could fine you up to £5000.

I want to seek to have both the fine imposed on the Home Office and to seek compensation. Can anyone advise me on how to initiate this action?

Even if they do respond with the data after my second letter I still want to go ahead.
Every night and every morn
Some to misery are born.
Every morn and every night
Some are born to sweet delight.
Some are born to sweet delight,
Some are born to endless night

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:26 pm

Call them first. They might have mailed it and got lost in the post. The telephone number should be on your letter of acknowledgement.
Praise The Lord!!!!