ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

proof - maintenance funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

UKaspirant2009

proof - maintenance funds

Post by UKaspirant2009 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:04 am

Guys...I have 2 proofs for maintenance funds.

1) Letter from the bank confirming that I have INRXXX in my account from 1st nov to 31st jan 09.

2) Bank statements for the same period i.e. 1st nov to 31st jan.

The problem is that in the month of november and december 2008, I did not make any transactions at all and the statements just show the balance. But in January 2009 I had made a number of transactions, but the balance never fell below INRXXXX.

Senior member please advice whether I should ONLY submit the letter from the bank, since the 2 months statements dont show any transactions.

OR Should I submit both the proofs?

Please advice..
This is very very urgent as my application date is fast approaching.

Thanks a ton

UKaspirant2009

Post by UKaspirant2009 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:43 pm

please help on this topic

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: proof - maintenance funds

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:13 pm

UKaspirant2009 wrote:Guys...I have 2 proofs for maintenance funds.

1) Letter from the bank confirming that I have INRXXX in my account from 1st nov to 31st jan 09.

2) Bank statements for the same period i.e. 1st nov to 31st jan.

The problem is that in the month of november and december 2008, I did not make any transactions at all and the statements just show the balance. But in January 2009 I had made a number of transactions, but the balance never fell below INRXXXX.

Senior member please advice whether I should ONLY submit the letter from the bank, since the 2 months statements dont show any transactions.

OR Should I submit both the proofs?

Please advice..
This is very very urgent as my application date is fast approaching.

Thanks a ton
Hi there..

Your 2 proofs are more than enough...

1. just make sure that the wordings in the Maintenance letter is as per the Guidance,, if u have doubt u can also search on this forum... i will forward if quickly find one..

2. Bankstatements are a MUST you can not avoid them.. read the guidance again.. though there are no transactions dont worry it is not manditory... but attach all the banks statements for earnings and maintenance proof OK

Goodluck mate

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:23 pm

Guys,

Do we need to provide bank letter as well for Maintenance funds proof?
I thought its only Bank statetment which is required.

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:52 pm

chetanojha wrote:Guys,

Do we need to provide bank letter as well for Maintenance funds proof?
I thought its only Bank statetment which is required.
A letter from the bank is NOT MANDATORY if your bank statements meet the approved criteria and show the evidence required. A lot of people just cover their bases (and understandably so) when submitting their applications, and sometimes submit more information than is required. Still, more information is always better than less, IMHO!

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:54 pm

The mate.
I am also going through BIA website and got confused by the following statement "The evidence provided can relate specifically to the dependant or it can also include evidence for the main applicant which has not been used as evidence of funds on the main applicant's own application or that of other dependants."

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ependants/

Does this means that I have to submit separate bank statement for for my wife to prove maintenance fund?

Thanks

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:02 pm

The mate.
I am also going through BIA website and got confused by the following statement "The evidence provided can relate specifically to the dependant or it can also include evidence for the main applicant which has not been used as evidence of funds on the main applicant's own application or that of other dependants."

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ependants/

Does this means that I have to submit separate bank statement for for my wife to prove maintenance fund?

Thanks