ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLEASE HELP ME...UK SPOUSE VISA INTERVIEW QUESTIONS????????

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mimi27
Newly Registered

PLEASE HELP ME...UK SPOUSE VISA INTERVIEW QUESTIONS????????

Post by mimi27 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:31 pm

We are waiting for my husbands interview for the spouse visa next week... We have been together for over 2years..having a long distance relationship in Italy I am a british national he is albanian. He is now in albania applying for the visa, as he went back to albania for our marriage and to apply for the visa.

I am terrified about the interview because I just don't know what they'll ask and I keep reading things that say you have to prepare for it, and they are always trying to catch you out...we are a genuine couple..and please can people not take offence at my next comment..but I think women always remember all the little details of everything, whereas men don't seem to do that which is why I am so worried about how they judge the interview. I want my husband to be as natural as possible in the interview bcs we have nothing to hide and we are in a genuine and committed relationship...but I just don't know how to approach the interview as I can't go to Albania to be with him when he does it. Please can anyone help and tell me what kind of questions they ask, also if there are any issues with people applying from albania which may make it harder for him, and what we can expect from the interview in general?

Please help me I am so stressed bcs I won't be able to cope if they refuse the visa..

Thanks ...

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:34 pm

If you are genuine the questions will not catch you out. The questions are there to catch fraudsters.

mimi27
Newly Registered

Post by mimi27 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:55 pm

Thanks for your reply, I realise that but everyone on the internet says so many different things, and it just terrifies me, because as we are a genuine couple we have so much to lose if he is refused. Every day away from him is painful to me, I just want him here, I miss him so much, that's why I am terrified. His english is good but I just have no idea of how to prepare for it, we have been together for two and a half years so he knows what we have done together in that time, but he doesn't know the names of every member of my family and even if he did he would never remember unless he had met them all. Likewise I can't remember the names of everyone of his relatives, I don't know the exact number of cousins he has. I'd just appreciate some pointers on the tone of the interview, is it conversational or cold and to the point? Is it best to give short answers or explain every little detail? if you are not sure of something do they use that as an excuse to fail you?

I would really value a little guidance if anyone has any good advice to give.

Thanks

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:00 pm

The sort of things he maybe asked are,
How you met and where,
What employment you have and how much you earn,
where you live,
If he has immigration history they will question him on that,
where he will live when in uk,
It will generally be questions on that sort of thing and if he has proof of things such as photos of you two together that would help.
When is his interview??
Make sure he has all up to date documents such as bank statements,your wageslips,accommodation etc....
Good luck.

mimi27
Newly Registered

Post by mimi27 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:05 pm

Thank you...
This is the supporting information we provided...

2 years of itemised phone bills showing daily phone calls to each other
emails
approx 40 photos
flight details
hotel bills and receipts
restaurant receipts
pay as you go top up vouchers for phone
7 letters of support from friends/family
congratulations cards
cards from me to him
copy of invitation for my brother to the wedding
marriage certificate
birth certificates
certified copy of my passport
local council certificate confirming size of my parents house
parents mortgage statements for 12 months
letter from each parent about accomodation and support
floor plans of parents house
list of employments agencies in local area
print outs of jobs he can apply for here
article from financial times showing how good employment is in local area
his cv
my cv
my contract from work
my payslips (only 2 bcs only started job in december)
my freelance invoice from b4 i took on full time work
little book i had made as keepsakes for people who couldn't come to albania for wedding
my bank statements for 3 months not in overdrawn
sponsors letter from me explaining anything i didn't think was clear enough.

They asked for more photos but this is because we don't have lots of touristy style pics. I have sent some more pics and letter explaining why not touristy photos and a disc with some videos of us.
The documents I sent weighed over 2 kilos, I have put in everything I can think of.

His interview is on Thursday, which isn't even a whole week since he was asked to take the documents in...i can't give him another payslip yet as i don't get paid till the following week. i can't get a more up to date bank statement as i don't have time...but i will do an online print out...

Thanks for your help....am soooooooo stressed, his english is good but i hope they don't try and confuse him by phrasing things in strange ways or the like.

Thanks for getting back to me, am so nervous i am wishing so much for them to give him the visa on thursday...

sky07

Post by sky07 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:19 pm

Can you provide a budget showing that you have £94 per week left over after paying bills to support you and your husband?
My husband didn't get his entry clearance and I asked for the transcript of the interview.

Here are the questions they asked my husband:

Are you feeling fit and well enough to be interviewed and not tired or confused?
Do you understand the interpreter? I am the ECO and this is the interpreter. I will ask the questions and make the decisions and the interpreter will translate. Do you understand?
Did you fill out the application form yourself?
Do you understand the form? Are all the details correct?
When first go to the UK?
How get there?
Regularise your stay at all in the UK?
What do in the UK?
Why go to the UK?
How was life in UK better than Albania?
How survive for money?
When meet wife?
Who did you live with in UK and where?
What is their status in the UK?
So how actually meet wife?
When did you go out on your first date?
Where go?
Have you ever lived together?
When?
Do you have any evidence that you lived at this address?
What?
What job does wife do?
Why did she leave one job and start another?
Where does she work in the UK?
Where did you go on holiday?
When get married?
Did members of her family came over?
Whose phone number is this highlighted?
Evidence that this is your number?
Understood interpreter?

Your husband's questions will be unique to him but this should give you an idea.
Good luck!

mimi27
Newly Registered

Post by mimi27 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:19 pm

Hi thanks so much for that...

after my outgoings which are little I have approx £700 a month for us to live on, i currently spend vast amounts of money on the phone to my husband so if he was in the uk i wouldn't be paying so much for phone calls. The £700 is what is left after bills, food & lodging.

He has never been to england before and our relationship is not dependant on him coming to the uk, I was trying to live with him in italy and the reason he is trying to come to the uk is because I couldn't get work in Italy, he is applying ot come to the uk to be with me, where I am settled, not because he specifically wants to be in the uk, I am sure he would far rather be in italy where it is sunny and hot...but the fact is he just wants to be with me where i am most able to earn a living and we can start our future as a married couple.

I am so nervous about thursday, i don't know wether he should have a translator or not...his english is good but aaaaaaah i am just a bag of nerves about the whole thing, i just want him to get it and be here with me asap...

Thanks for getting back to me, i appreciate your comments

sky07

Post by sky07 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:29 pm

My husband was refused because he entered the UK illegally and "sought to frustrate the immigration laws" so your husband won't have that problem.
My husband had a translator so yours could too if he wants and will have the advantage of understanding what the translator is saying to the ECO!
Let us know how you get on - good luck!

mimi27
Newly Registered

Post by mimi27 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:12 pm

Thanks, I hope that it will be ok, am so nervous, thank you so much for your feedback and comments I really appreciate your help.

I just hope the interview goes ok, I don't know how I will get through work on Thursday waiting to know how it has gone and what has happened...am nervous bcs he was in Italy he hasn't done Military service and am so worried they will try to make him do that before they give him the visa...

I hate feeling like this am so on edge, I have tried to prepare him for the interview, told him just to be relaxed and friendly and honest, he knows all the facts and he knows me so I don't see why he should have any problems but you just don't know how it will be on the day...I am sure we have all been in interviews when you can tell someone just doesn't like you and nothing you say makes a difference...Am just praying it will all go well...fingers crossed

x

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:31 pm

Good luck for tomorrow.Thinking of you both.

mimi27
Newly Registered

Post by mimi27 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:35 pm

Thank you, I am having a total fit bcs I sent my hubby some more photos that the ECO asked for and DHL have screwed the delivery up and am now terrified that this is going to affect things tomorrow...The photos are in Albania but DHL aren't sure where, which is a total nightmare....

I am now smoking a my 10th cigarette since I came home from work and trying to keep calm...I don't know how the ECO will be tomorrow I don't know how understanding they are about these things...???? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Thanks for all the goodwill messages...i'll keep you all posted

x

mimi27
Newly Registered

Post by mimi27 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:37 pm

we got it!!! THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP..we got it in 5 days!!!
x

sky07

Post by sky07 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:40 pm

Congratulations to you and your husband, that is great news! Enjoy your life in the UK!

jaanabee

Post by jaanabee » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:25 am

sky07 wrote:My husband was refused because he entered the UK illegally and "sought to frustrate the immigration laws" so your husband won't have that problem.
My husband had a translator so yours could too if he wants and will have the advantage of understanding what the translator is saying to the ECO!
Let us know how you get on - good luck!
hi...sky07...my partner is currently in the same situation?...can i get sum background infrormation on things? did u put in an appeal?

sorry,i dont mean 2pry...its just i have a similiar situation and fear being refused :( so im trying 2b as prepared as possible...many thanks :)

sky07

Post by sky07 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:05 am

Hi, sorry to hear you are in the same situation, I know it's really hard. We got refused the visa in November 08 and had the appeal in June 09 and thankfully won and my husband is in the UK with me now. My solicitor was Victoria Sharkey from Medivisas who I can recommend highly.
I submitted lots of phone bils (mine and my husbands), email and facebook messages to show the strength of our relationship. I had also been to Albania 7 times to visit my husband so had flight information and photos from my visits. I also had letters of support from friends and family and I wrote a long letter to the judge about my relationship as did my husband. My mum came to court with me and was a witness.
Frustrating the immigration laws was more difficult to argue but my solicitor told that judge that the guidelines were so vague that it would be down to the judge's interpretation of the rule.
There is another website called UK resident and if you join for £5 you can visit a thread in the appeal section (supporters section) called "Anyone waiting for appeal from albania" which has lots of useful information.
Good luck

jaanabee

Post by jaanabee » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:01 pm

[quote="sky07"]Hi, sorry to hear you are in the same situation, I know it's really hard. We got refused the visa in November 08 and had the appeal in June 09 and thankfully won and my husband is in the UK with me now. My solicitor was Victoria Sharkey from Medivisas who I can recommend highly.
I submitted lots of phone bils (mine and my husbands), email and facebook messages to show the strength of our relationship. I had also been to Albania 7 times to visit my husband so had flight information and photos from my visits. I also had letters of support from friends and family and I wrote a long letter to the judge about my relationship as did my husband. My mum came to court with me and was a witness.
Frustrating the immigration laws was more difficult to argue but my solicitor told that judge that the guidelines were so vague that it would be down to the judge's interpretation of the rule.
There is another website called UK resident and if you join for £5 you can visit a thread in the appeal section (supporters section) called "Anyone waiting for appeal from albania" which has lots of useful information.
Good luck[/

thnks sky07...wow,i wont b including so many things..:( my lawyer advised me against it!... i will be applying for a fiancee visa now and the requirments r a bit different i guess!... but he seems 2 think our chances are gd,despite his past!

sorry,another prying question...but how were u with maintenance? i only work part time with limited saving so that another obstacle! :(

yeah i think i need as much gd luck as i can get thanks,its been 8 months already..im so scared 2 think if it went 2 appeal another 6 months wud b wasted waiting :(

t

skuposki
Newly Registered

skuposki

Post by skuposki » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:35 pm

can any one answers my post ? I want to bring my 16 years old brother to live with me and my family here in UK as he has finish school and has no where to stay he cant return home at our parents for family problem reason is for my brother own good not to return to my parents!!! as I have supported my brother with all his needs. I went there and applied for a joined visa, which cost me £1,500.00 and his interview is on the 14 this month Wednesday 8 30 and I am really nervous his only 16 and I don't know what question they will ask him?? I want my safety of my brother and I will support him here if his visa will be granted I have send all documentation to proof. that are relevant but Don't know what they will ask my brother is there any interview question to confuse him|?? any help please[/i][/u]

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: skuposki

Post by Wanderer » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:57 pm

skuposki wrote:can any one answers my post ? I want to bring my 16 years old brother to live with me and my family here in UK as he has finish school and has no where to stay he cant return home at our parents for family problem reason is for my brother own good not to return to my parents!!! as I have supported my brother with all his needs. I went there and applied for a joined visa, which cost me £1,500.00 and his interview is on the 14 this month Wednesday 8 30 and I am really nervous his only 16 and I don't know what question they will ask him?? I want my safety of my brother and I will support him here if his visa will be granted I have send all documentation to proof. that are relevant but Don't know what they will ask my brother is there any interview question to confuse him|?? any help please[/i][/u]
Sound like you applied for the dependent relative visa judging by the fee, I'm afraid this visa is for over-65's really with no siblings locally and living in extreme conditions. Sorry I hope I'm wrong but I really can't see this succeeding...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

skuposki
Newly Registered

hello

Post by skuposki » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:10 pm

due to my family problems in Albania, it is no longer safe for my 16 years old brother to live with my parents. I am in the process of becoming his legal guardian through the Albanian courts. he attended a visa application interview at the British embassy in Tirana to day, and they are referring his case to the Home Office in London. they have kept his passport! has anyone experienced anything similar and was the outcome positive? I am really, really worried and would be very grateful to hear from anyone who could take the time to reply.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: hello

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:45 pm

skuposki wrote:due to my family problems in Albania, it is no longer safe for my 16 years old brother to live with my parents. I am in the process of becoming his legal guardian through the Albanian courts. he attended a visa application interview at the British embassy in Tirana to day, and they are referring his case to the Home Office in London. they have kept his passport! has anyone experienced anything similar and was the outcome positive? I am really, really worried and would be very grateful to hear from anyone who could take the time to reply.
I'm afraid your family issues are of no concern to the Home Office, so they won't even consider that.

Think ur best bet is to try and legally adopt ur brother I've no idea if that's possible but I know it will take ages, by which time he'll be 18 and an adult and no visa at all...

Why can't Albanian Social Services look after him? Maybe you can relocate back to Albania with your spouse?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

skuposki
Newly Registered

Post by skuposki » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:25 am

you were totally wrong. the home office did consider his case the day they received it, he is now on his way to the UK.

skuposki
Newly Registered

skuposki

Post by skuposki » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:33 am

you were totally wrong, the home office did consider his case the day they received it, and he is now on his way to the UK. I would suggest that you change to something other than guru!

sara 86
Newly Registered

interview questions

Post by sara 86 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:23 pm

hi,im sara from morocco i got married lately to a british citizen i got the interview on monday im so scared abt the questions that they might ask me,so tensed, can u help me plz any information abt those questions will be useful thnx

biofena
- thin ice -

Post by biofena » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:05 pm

Assalamo alaykom

any news/changes ??

I'm applying from Egypt this september ..

any tips ??

thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:15 pm

Wa alaikum salam. Most importantly make sure you understand all the new regulations for spouse visa applications which were introduced on the 9th July. Is your spouse earning at least £18,600 per year?