ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview questions at BHC very urgent!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pjoshi007
Mood:
India

Interview questions at BHC very urgent!!!!

Post by pjoshi007 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:55 pm

Hi Guys,

I have been a student in UK for 4 years and now came to india (Delhi) to get EC for work permit (It was approved before tier 1 came in). I submitted my application at VFS on 28th Jan and till today it was showing as forwarded to BHC for approval. I called BHC after few days they kept saying we are doing secondary checks on your application.

However I sent a fax today to the high commission requesting them to treat my application as urgent(giving them a valid reason), I received a call by evening asking me to come for an interview at BHC delhi on the 17th Feb.

Now I am really scared and nervous thinking what are they going to ask and whether they are going to reject me. Can someone please tell me what tpe of questions do they ask???

Thanks in advance.
Poonam

push

Re: Interview questions at BHC very urgent!!!!

Post by push » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:03 am

pjoshi007 wrote:Hi Guys,

I have been a student in UK for 4 years and now came to india (Delhi) to get EC for work permit (It was approved before tier 1 came in). I submitted my application at VFS on 28th Jan and till today it was showing as forwarded to BHC for approval. I called BHC after few days they kept saying we are doing secondary checks on your application.

However I sent a fax today to the high commission requesting them to treat my application as urgent(giving them a valid reason), I received a call by evening asking me to come for an interview at BHC delhi on the 17th Feb.

Now I am really scared and nervous thinking what are they going to ask and whether they are going to reject me. Can someone please tell me what tpe of questions do they ask???

Thanks in advance.
Poonam
I dont think there is any reason to worry about. You will be things related to what you have put in the VISA application.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Hope2007

Post by Hope2007 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:30 pm

if i were you , i would have waited or asked for the update....since you sent the fax to treat this as urgent , it looks bit strange. incase the employer who had sponsored the permit has sent the fax to the high commissioner, that is different case...

you will be fine. dont worry.

vineet.b5

Post by vineet.b5 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:51 am

I was called for UK visa interview last year ( I applied for business visit).
There is nothing to worry about. They asked the details for present employer, UK accommodation and they were verifying the credentials.
one advice, you should be very specific while answering their questions. out of 14 people called for Visa interview on that particular day, only 3 got visas!!!!! ( I went to Chennai).

mitravi2005
Newly Registered

Post by mitravi2005 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:37 am

Hi,
Even i got interview for the student visa... if you are clear for what you are going.. show proper funds paper and your intention of return back to india after your studies(not required to return back but you have to say them that you will return), give bold and proper answers, then nothing to worry..
prepare your answers well in ahead and have your papers proper...

i had my interview for 30 minutes.....
Atlast cleared my interview... and now it is almost 4yrs i am in UK..after finishing my graduate and having good work...
SO don't worry..

pjoshi007
Mood:
India

Post by pjoshi007 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:59 pm

Hey Guys,

I think my decision was correct to send an urgent fax to the BHC. I had m interview today and I have been granted a visa for 5 years!!!!!

Feel free to contact if u need any information.

Regards
Poonam

nksg

Post by nksg » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:21 am

congratulations... :)

Humana

Post by Humana » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:45 am

pjoshi007 wrote:Hey Guys,

I think my decision was correct to send an urgent fax to the BHC. I had m interview today and I have been granted a visa for 5 years!!!!!

Feel free to contact if u need any information.

Regards
Poonam

Congrats...

Can we get Work Permit for 5 years also .. ??? !!!! how come ???!!!!

And after five years we can apply for ILR there??

:? Comments please

pjoshi007
Mood:
India

Post by pjoshi007 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:06 pm

Yes I have got it for 5 years I think this is because mine was approved before tier 1 came into effect. Yes one can apply for ILR after 5 years.

sunny_hsmp001

Post by sunny_hsmp001 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:10 pm

congrats Poonam

when you going back to UK then ?