ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Tier1 and Dependent Together

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pbtg
Newly Registered

Applying for Tier1 and Dependent Together

Post by pbtg » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:27 am

Hi,

I plan to apply for Tier 1 for my self and Dependent for my wife at the same time from outside UK. As i saw it is encouraged by UK Border Agency. you can find that here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ependants/

I have few questions.

1. There are two application forms so do I need seperate supporting documents like bank statements for maintanance funds (2 copies) because i am using my account for both of us (2800 + 1600 GBP)

2. Do i have to make single appointment with the UK border agency for both of us or it is handled completely independent.

3. In short my questions is whether the two applications (main and dependent) are considered together and processed together or totaly independent.

Thanks for the reply.

--pbtg

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Applying for Tier1 and Dependent Together

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:46 pm

1. There are two application forms so do I need seperate supporting documents like bank statements for maintanance funds (2 copies) because i am using my account for both of us (2800 + 1600 GBP)
NO you can use the same documents for you + any no. of dependents.. if you are applying at the same time... plus maintaining the reqiured maintenance funds in ur account or accounts Ok
2. Do i have to make single appointment with the UK border agency for both of us or it is handled completely independent.
YES, single appointment shd be OK... guys please enlight on this
3. In short my questions is whether the two applications (main and dependent) are considered together and processed together or totaly independent.
YES they are considered together if you apply together and send them together in the same envelope and also its better to mention it in the cover letter

Mind that you need to use separate applicatoins for each of u, separate covering letter is better explaining if requied

Guys please FILL if i missed any thing in this case

Goodluck
Thanks for the reply.

--pbtg[/quote]

pbtg
Newly Registered

thanks

Post by pbtg » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:41 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.

Another few question.

1. If applying from outside UK the main applicant and dependent have same fees and it is not free of charge as in the case if you are applying from within UK.

2. Does it make sense to apply only for my self (main applicant) to avoid loss of money for dependent in case the application is rejected.

3. Is it difficult to get the dependent tier 1 if i apply for it later i.e after my application is through and successfull.

Thanks.
pbtg

hsmpreq
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpreq » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:35 pm

HI ,

I am planning to apply for tier1 visa. currently I have workpermit visa & dependent work permit visa for my wife. Last month my wife went back to india.
My query is
1) Can I get my wife passport from india and apply for both us from here in UK?
2) will i have to apply seprately for her from india.

please advise..

evan
Newly Registered

Post by evan » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:48 pm

Hi

I have the same question as pbtg. Whether to apply one time for the whole family (total 4) fees will be 600 x 4 ??? Or to apply first for my self as main and if successful i will apply for dependents (wife + 2 kids).
Do you think this way is acceptable with Tier 1 processing????

Thanks a lot,,

pjoshi007
Mood:
India

Post by pjoshi007 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:02 pm

Hi Evan,

It is possible and I did it this way and have got my work permit stamped today for 5 years. I am going to the VFS to apply for my dependents tomorrow.

I did this way to be on the safer side just in case my visa got rejected, soI didn't want to lose money. But if you are100% sure about your documents then put your dependents as that will save time.

Regards
Poonam

evan
Newly Registered

Congratulations

Post by evan » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:09 pm

Congratulations pjoshi007.. Wish you all luck and success. But you got WP for 5 years??? Usually it is only 2 or 3 years?? am I right???