ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CAN I TRAVEL ON AN EEA FAMILY PERMIT/ RESIDENCE CARD

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Gabriella2305

CAN I TRAVEL ON AN EEA FAMILY PERMIT/ RESIDENCE CARD

Post by Gabriella2305 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:29 pm

Hello everyone,

I just want to know once I am married and get my EEA Residence Card will I be able to travel without visas/ schengen visas as long as I am travelling with my husband?

I am South African, my fiance is Irish. Just want to know what documents you have to take with you when you travel? Would we have to take our marriage certificate as proof or would the RC/ FP be sufficient?

Thank you

Gabriella2305

Post by Gabriella2305 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:33 pm

I just saw the "STICKY" entitles EU countries that allow EU Family members to travel without a visa... Maybe it's just worth me checking the relevant countries entry requirements... just wanted to know if it applied to all countried but it seems i can only travel freely to a selective few

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:10 pm

Gabriella2305 wrote:I just saw the "STICKY" entitles EU countries that allow EU Family members to travel without a visa... Maybe it's just worth me checking the relevant countries entry requirements... just wanted to know if it applied to all countried but it seems i can only travel freely to a selective few
This is 'in-theory' - the reality is all the way you have to convince the airline desk, the check-in girl, the IO at the other end with the ever present risk of being turned back. The airlines err on the side of caution - they don't want to risk a fine.

Depends whether you want a relaxing holiday or battle with authority!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

efimmike

Re: CAN I TRAVEL ON AN EEA FAMILY PERMIT/ RESIDENCE CARD

Post by efimmike » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:00 pm

Hi all,
I am currently on a 5 years eea family residence permit valid till 2018. I am living with my wife and we have a 2 months old daughter. I am thinking of traveling to my country,west Africa for a week to attend the funeral of my sister.
I am a part time MSc student, been working since i came to UK (we are not on any benefits).
Question is;
Will i have problems coming back to UK after my stay in my country? Also, it is worth mentioning that i am traveling alone because we can't travel with our two months old daughter.

What additional documents should i take with me in other to ease my entry back to UK?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:11 am

efimmike wrote:Hi all,
I am currently on a 5 years eea family residence permit valid till 2018. I am living with my wife and we have a 2 months old daughter. I am thinking of traveling to my country,west Africa for a week to attend the funeral of my sister.
I am a part time MSc student, been working since i came to UK (we are not on any benefits).
Question is;
Will i have problems coming back to UK after my stay in my country? Also, it is worth mentioning that i am traveling alone because we can't travel with our two months old daughter.

What additional documents should i take with me in other to ease my entry back to UK?
This may get you started on right track:
http://www.eearegulations.co.uk/Latest/ByPage/part2_11
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:48 pm

More on travel with no 'visa':
https://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/0 ... -to-travel

Bon voyage!
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.