ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR, Need Advice

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hari15
Member of Standing

Applying for ILR, Need Advice

Post by hari15 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:35 pm

Hi,
I need a suggestion. Please kindly help.

I am due to apply for ILR (WP + hsmp category) on June 2009, My wife is in my home country went for baby's delivery she will be coming back to UK only by August 2009

Is it OK if I apply for ILR seperatly in June 2009 and can I apply for my wife and baby later? My wife is having Dependant Visa till 2011 October so I plan to apply for her ILR by 2010 or 2011 based on my ILR is that OK? Or do I need to wait till my wife returns back?

I dont wish to wait till august to apply for ILR along with my wife and baby because new laws of Probationary citizenship may come into force any time, I wish to apply for myself as soon as I qualify. Please advice

Thanks
Hari

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:44 pm

Is it OK if I apply for ILR seperatly in June 2009
If you want to
can I apply for my wife and baby later?

If you have ILR, she would have to do 2 years on a spouse visa and then apply for ILR. I am not sure about your child, where was or will your child be born?

Please see the immigration rules:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... _partners/
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... /children/

munisa

Re: Applying for ILR, Need Advice

Post by munisa » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:18 am

hari15 wrote:Hi,

I am due to apply for ILR (WP + hsmp category) on June 2009, My wife is in my home country went for baby's delivery she will be coming back to UK only by August 2009

Is it OK if I apply for ILR seperatly in June 2009 and can I apply for my wife and baby later? My wife is having Dependant Visa till 2011 October so I plan to apply for her ILR by 2010 or 2011 based on my ILR is that OK? Or do I need to wait till my wife returns back?

I dont wish to wait till august to apply for ILR along with my wife and baby because new laws of Probationary citizenship may come into force any time, I wish to apply for myself as soon as I qualify. Please advice

Thanks
Hari
Hari15 if I were you, I would put every effort in my (your) wife + child getting here by June when you are applying for ilr. That way you apply together. Your case WP+HSMP seems straight forward and eligible for same day PEO application. Rules are changing fast everyday and will be more complicated applying in the future than is now.
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!

valsad
India

Re: Applying for ILR, Need Advice

Post by valsad » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:44 am

munisa wrote:
hari15 wrote:Hi,

Thanks
Hari
Hari15 if I were you, I would put every effort in my (your) wife + child getting here by June when you are applying for ilr. That way you apply together. Your case WP+HSMP seems straight forward and eligible for same day PEO application. Rules are changing fast everyday and will be more complicated applying in the future than is now.
Hari15,

Don't forget your baby will need passport urgently and apply for entry clearance before he/she can come to UK.

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:39 pm

Thanks PaperPusher,munisa & valsad for your valuable replies.

Just for more info
My baby will be born in my home country. and my wife and baby will come to UK only by august and they cant come earlier because infants should not do flight travel before few months for health reasons

My wife already having dependant visa till 2011 Nov

My plan is now like this
once my baby is born I will apply for its passport and Entry Clearance on HSMP dependant category based on my present HSMP status (which is valid till Nov 2011)

mean while I will apply for my ILR here

once they came to UK, I will apply for their ILR seperatly based on my ILR status . I can apply for them liesurly by 2010 / 2011 whenever they get qualified

Is that OK?

Thanks

rizcom123
Newly Registered

Post by rizcom123 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:59 pm

hari15 wrote:
Just for more info
My baby will be born in my home country. and my wife and baby will come to UK only by august and they cant come earlier because infants should not do flight travel before few months for health reasons
My baby was born in my home country, got the passport within 2 weeks and applied the entry clearance next day (it took five days to grant) and came to the UK on the 28th day of baby. I dont think that there is any health issues.

As the Law always changes here SOONER the better!!

Regards,

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:07 pm

and Hari if you are granted the ILR, then your wife and child have to apply for an ILR dependant visa before coming to the UK. Your wife cannot travel in the current visa (HSMP dependant) as that may not be valid anymore after your transformation to ILR category.

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:11 pm

SKUK wrote:and Hari if you are granted the ILR, then your wife and child have to apply for an ILR dependant visa before coming to the UK. Your wife cannot travel in the current visa (HSMP dependant) as that may not be valid anymore after your transformation to ILR category.
Hi SKUK thanks for your response

Actually even when I apply for ILR (by post) it usually takes 2 to 3 months to get ILR stamped, before that My wife and child may return to UK using HSMP dependant Visa.

Is that OK?

I dont want to wait till they come because law may change anytime now, as the new bill is already been introduced in current parliament session