ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Approval Letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

GoforUK

Approval Letter

Post by GoforUK » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:05 pm

I had got my visa stamped on Feb 18.Just as I was browsing the forum today, I came across something as Tier 1 (General) approval letter from Home office.I had got all my documents back along with my passport stamped, but did not receive Tier 1 (General) approval letter from Home office.

Will it cause problem when I apply for dependants later?
Submitted on:4th Feb,Chennai
UK ADMIRER

technocrat181
Newly Registered

Post by technocrat181 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:01 am

GoforUK,

My case was exactly same as yours.

Though I had got my documents & passport back with VISA stamped on it by Jan.16th, even I didnt get any approval letter / confirmation email from BHC India. When enquired, they confirmed my application approval but commented they couldnt send email as they couldnt find my emailID specified in the VFS Webpage where VFS fills in applicant's details at the time of receiving the application for forwarding to BHC.

Neverthless, from my experience & familiarity with UK Tier-1 visa over the past 6 - 7 months, think the approval letter you're talking of was the old HSMP Approval letter. From June 08, you would directly receive only an Entry clearance / Visa stamped on your passport (which, I believe, both of us received).

But I would like to re-confirm that anyway : So can you please tell me which post in this Forum you noticed the mention of this "Tier 1 (General) approval letter from Home office" ???

Thanks,
Technocrat.

sv23367

Post by sv23367 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:12 am

I had got my visa stamped on Feb 18.Just as I was browsing the forum today, I came across something as Tier 1 (General) approval letter from Home office.I had got all my documents back along with my passport stamped, but did not receive Tier 1 (General) approval letter from Home office.

Will it cause problem when I apply for dependants later
When u apply Tier1 from India , you will not be getting any approvval letter other than ur stamped passport. Previously with HSMP , we were getting approval letter. Me and wife had got Tier1 visa recently but they didnt give any approval letter to both of us.

GoforUK

Post by GoforUK » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:45 pm

Technocrat,Below is the link which confused me
http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic. ... c&start=80
sv23367,thanks for your reply I got relieved now,I think it is the HSMP approval letter which is mentioned in the link specified above
Submitted on:4th Feb,Chennai
UK ADMIRER

tapindersingh
Mood:
India

Post by tapindersingh » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:09 pm

There is no approval letter, the visa sticker in your passport is all you need.