ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The worst 'good luck' card ever?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Chess
Diamond Member

The worst 'good luck' card ever?

Post by Chess » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:48 am

Where there is a will there is a way.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: The worst 'good luck' card ever?

Post by Rozen » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:39 pm

munisa

Post by munisa » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:52 pm

Always be careful about what you pack or say on arrival.

One time I arrived at Heathrow with my 3yo son. The IO asked him 'where does your dad work?' the boy said 'in a shop' . Of course the junior thinks I go to shop every day because once in a while I bring him something new. The IO created a real big mountain out of the anthill as my WP is not for working in a shop. He really pissed me off and released me and family after a whole 2 hours of questioning!
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:39 pm

munisa wrote:

One time I arrived at Heathrow with my 3yo son. The IO asked him 'where does your dad work?' the boy said 'in a shop' . Of course the junior thinks I go to shop every day because once in a while I bring him something new. The IO created a real big mountain out of the anthill as my WP is not for working in a shop. He really pissed me off and released me and family after a whole 2 hours of questioning!
How stupid can you be to ask a toddler? My daughter of similar age thinks my job is to drive a car and take a lunch box with me. So guess, what is my job?

munisa

Post by munisa » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:30 pm

86ti wrote:
munisa wrote:

How stupid can you be to ask a toddler? My daughter of similar age thinks my job is to drive a car and take a lunch box with me. So guess, what is my job?
This is just an indication of the stupidity, ignorance and incompetence of the people who have to make decisions regarding our applications. No wonder you find complicated cases approved at a lightening speed and simple straight forward cases delayed for months without reasons.
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!

whirly

Post by whirly » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:56 pm

munisa: I can't believe the IO questioned your son... Ridiculous!

Sadly, I can't say I disagree entirely with the UKBA in this case. Seems that the man was trying to enter the UK illegally, so they did what they had to do.

Shame, though. We could really use more authentic Mexican food here!

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:02 pm

That has made my day :lol: