ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Probationary citizenship

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lakeside1234
Newly Registered

Probationary citizenship

Post by lakeside1234 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:24 pm

Hi all,I was just wondering what would happen as regards spouses of british citizens who have been married for over 4 years...in the current(soon to become previous) system,the spouse of a british citizen afer 4 years of marraige outside the uk where automatically eligible for indefinite leave to remain after passing the language and citizenship test.I wonder what would happen under the proposed bill.would the 4 year rule be over ...

rizwan_ali

Re: Probationary citizenship

Post by rizwan_ali » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:56 pm

lakeside1234 wrote:Hi all,I was just wondering what would happen as regards spouses of british citizens who have been married for over 4 years...in the current(soon to become previous) system,the spouse of a british citizen afer 4 years of marraige outside the uk where automatically eligible for indefinite leave to remain after passing the language and citizenship test.I wonder what would happen under the proposed bill.would the 4 year rule be over ...
good point, still waiting for some opionion from senior members