ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fraud case - 3100 GBP taken out of my Citibank salary a/c

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

debz

Fraud case - 3100 GBP taken out of my Citibank salary a/c

Post by debz » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:10 pm

I got a call from Citibank fraud case detection dept this morning. They asked me if I have transferred 3100 pounds to somebody today and they told me the name of the person too. I told them 'no' and asked them to block my a/c as it's a definite case of fraud. They are going to send me a fraud declaration form today. After I sign the declaration form n send it back to them, they will take it forward for further investigation.

I've never disclosed any confidential bank a/c or card or login details to anybody. I usually never keep more than 2000 GBP in this a/c. But this time accidentally it was more as I forgot to transfer fund.

Has any of you encountered such problem ever? If yes, how was it sorted out?

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:25 pm

Ah You've become a victim of phishing scam. Never divulge your username and password when you are sent one of these dodgy emails.

First thing to do is to lodge a police complaint and try to get your money back from the bank.

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:48 pm

Your bank will ask you to report the incident to the police. You need to do this and following your report, you'll be issued with a crime reference number. You'll need to then take the number back to the bank from where they will get their own Fraud Squad to investigate.

You should probably be refunded your money.

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:49 pm

p.s. why is this in the Tier 1 (General) section? :?

debz

Post by debz » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:52 pm

@SKUK.

I have never disclosed my username or password to anybody (be it on mail, phone call, text msg, etc).

debz

Post by debz » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:55 pm

@ drjabberwocky23.

I am going to apply for my HSMP (non JR) extension shortly.. nd i was planning to show this as my maintainence fund a/c :cry:

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:57 pm

Oh Hell!

The bank usually does not take too long to refund the money, so hopefully you'll still be OK. You can always get the bank to write a letter on your behalf and also submit the crime reference number when you do make your application.

debz

Post by debz » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:03 pm

I am still left with 3 times the amount required.. but they have disabled my a/c now.. since then I have got 4-5 blank calls on my landline too.. :(
quite stressed at the moment.. filling the form was eating my head up.. now a new parcel of tensions..

hope the HO is able to carry out the maintenance fund verification (though the a/c is locked).. what do u say?

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:06 pm

debz wrote:I am still left with 3 times the amount required.. but they have disabled my a/c now.. since then I have got 4-5 blank calls on my landline too.. :(
quite stressed at the moment.. filling the form was eating my head up.. now a new parcel of tensions..

hope the HO is able to carry out the maintenance fund verification (though the a/c is locked).. what do u say?
They might not contact the bank to verify your account details, in which case your maintenace bank statements will be sufficient evidence. If they do have problems contacting the bank, then I'm sure they'll contact you in due course. When did you submit your application?

debz

Post by debz » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:10 pm

no no.. have not applied yet.. going to apply in few days' time..

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:15 pm

In that case, you have nowt to fear, as the UKBA will probably take at least 6 weeks to decide your application.

debz

Post by debz » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:23 pm

sorry.. did not get your point here..
drjabberwocky23 wrote:In that case, you have nowt to fear, as the UKBA will probably take at least 6 weeks to decide your application.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:27 pm

debz wrote:no no.. have not applied yet.. going to apply in few days' time..
If you have not applied yet and you alraedy have all the required Bankstatements for your maintenance funds to apply in time.. than you ar safe to apply as HO do not usually contact the bank to chck the maintenance funds and they just see the bank statemetns or lettters from back or geniune or original and if they are that's it..

So, if you have the bank statements just apply and followup as per the procedures to get back ur lost money.

Goodluck