ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help Needed!!My status in the Uk

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aydnszn
Newly Registered

Urgent Help Needed!!My status in the Uk

Post by aydnszn » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:58 pm

Hi All,
I am non eu citizen and living in the uk for the last 1 year working for a company and my company may cancel my work permit by june, and i am about to get married to a Polish citizen(She is a student here in the uk and this is her 4th year) After the marriage at this month or next , even if my company cancels my work permit can i stay in the Uk ? Normal time for my work permit was till 2011, after the marriage i need to go to home office and change my status. As my wife is a student and living in the Uk can i stay and be eligible to work in any job that i want without a work permit?
Thanks a lot..
Cheers

rizwan_ali

Re: Urgent Help Needed!!My status in the Uk

Post by rizwan_ali » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:26 pm

aydnszn wrote:Hi All,
I am non eu citizen and living in the uk for the last 1 year working for a company and my company may cancel my work permit by june, and i am about to get married to a Polish citizen(She is a student here in the uk and this is her 4th year) After the marriage at this month or next , even if my company cancels my work permit can i stay in the Uk ? Normal time for my work permit was till 2011, after the marriage i need to go to home office and change my status. As my wife is a student and living in the Uk can i stay and be eligible to work in any job that i want without a work permit?
Thanks a lot..
Cheers
yes its possible, you have to apply for family resident permit under the eu treaty right then u can work and live here without work permit.