ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents refused Visitor visa!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Arzoo
Newly Registered

Parents refused Visitor visa!

Post by Arzoo » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:44 am

Hi

I would really appreciate it if someone on here can answer my question.

Basically my husbands parents were refused their visa to come to the Uk for 6 months..

They have a right to appeal but was wondering if it would be better to apply again rather then go through the appeal process?

Regards
Arzoo

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:33 am

What were the reasons for refusal?

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:54 pm

what are reasons?

Arzoo
Newly Registered

Post by Arzoo » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:32 pm

I havent seen the refusal letter myself, hopefully parents will send it to us in a few days times but the reason was because they didnt provide evidence for their income which we didnt feel was relevant as we were sponsoring them to come to the uk? :cry:

(they are both retired so their younger son supports them financially)

kumar1981

Post by kumar1981 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:34 pm

The letter may say that the visa officer was not satisfied that your husband's parents will return to their country. My father's visa was rejected although I showed my bank balance whereas there was little money in my father's bank account.

Appeal will take time (about 6 months). If the visa is rejected for the above reasons, you may have to maintain a good amount in their bank account and then re-apply showing enough evidence (property, fixed deposit documents) that they will return before the expiry of their visa.

Arzoo
Newly Registered

Post by Arzoo » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:30 am

thanx for the reply kumar...

only problem is they dont have bank account but are financially dependent on their youngest son.. they do however, own their own house so would it be sufficent to show thier son's bank balance ?