ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

home office data

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

johnny

home office data

Post by johnny » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:37 pm

i have been an overstayer for few years in UK , returned to my country now i am back to UK legally and have a 2 years settlement visa
i have applied for 2 jobs one with NHS , and one with local council
i have not mentioned my overstay years on my CV and had to provide copy of my settlement visa with my CV
presumably NHS or the council before offering me the job they will check with homeoffice , i don t mind as i am legal now and home office know about my immigration history , my worry is my immigration history is it private and confidential or will the home office will be disclosing it to any company checking my immigration status
my interview is tomorrow and i am already panicking, overstaying was a mistake and i did return to my country voluntary been honest and been granted my settlement visa but a bit paranoid that tomorrow in the interview with the local council if they phoned the home office they will access all the data held there and my overstay years

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:39 pm

I think what will be considered is that you are able to work legally and your qualifications for the applied positions, compared to other candidates.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

johnny

Post by johnny » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:51 am

thanks vinny

joe777

Post by joe777 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:56 am

might be nothing to worry about for you. but when my wife was offered a job for the NHS, they did a CRB check on her.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:12 am

I can't imagine that UKBA will disclose anything except your current legal status.
The CRB check will only reveal criminal convictions

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:15 am

I doubt very much whether the Home Office will be contacted.

shanc
Newly Registered

Re: home office data

Post by shanc » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:03 pm

johnny wrote:i have been an overstayer for few years in UK , returned to my country now i am back to UK legally and have a 2 years settlement visa
i have applied for 2 jobs one with NHS , and one with local council
i have not mentioned my overstay years on my CV and had to provide copy of my settlement visa with my CV
presumably NHS or the council before offering me the job they will check with homeoffice , i don t mind as i am legal now and home office know about my immigration history , my worry is my immigration history is it private and confidential or will the home office will be disclosing it to any company checking my immigration status
my interview is tomorrow and i am already panicking, overstaying was a mistake and i did return to my country voluntary been honest and been granted my settlement visa but a bit paranoid that tomorrow in the interview with the local council if they phoned the home office they will access all the data held there and my overstay years

Dont worry, NHS will keep your visa photocopies for their records. They will not contact HO.