ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

More first passport questions

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Siggi

More first passport questions

Post by Siggi » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:27 am

Has anyone applied succefully for a first passort using a cancelled passport only?
I'm reluctant to send off my current passport as I require it to travel to and from Switzerland every two weeks.
Any advise!

IPS are hopeless with one person saying one thing and the other contradicting the first person.

republique
BANNED

Re: More first passport questions

Post by republique » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:19 pm

Siggi wrote:Has anyone applied succefully for a first passort using a cancelled passport only?
I'm reluctant to send off my current passport as I require it to travel to and from Switzerland every two weeks.
Any advise!

IPS are hopeless with one person saying one thing and the other contradicting the first person.
they are processing them faster lately
I think you need to just apply and see if you get the documents back in a week or so and if not, then delay you 2 week turnaround trip

jes2jes

Re: More first passport questions

Post by jes2jes » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:48 pm

Siggi wrote:Has anyone applied succefully for a first passort using a cancelled passport only?
Any advise!

Siggi, when i applied for my son's first passport late last year, I included my passport with ILR but then chose the option for my documents to be returned by secured post. Both of them arrived within 5 workind days but at a small fee though :lol:
Praise The Lord!!!!

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:36 pm

Thank's guys for the support and suggestions.
I will let you know how it pan's out.