ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA put in wrong CC security code: Payment rejected by bank

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

Caramba80
Newly Registered

UKBA put in wrong CC security code: Payment rejected by bank

Post by Caramba80 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:50 pm

Hi,

I submitted my application on the 26th. UKBA got it on the 27th.

I elected to pay by Credit Card. I called up my bank today to check to see whether UKBA had drawn against my Credit Card. The Bank said that a request for GBP 750 was made, but rejected because the wrong CVV (Security Code) number was put in by the payee.

I checked a photocopy of application form and I have put in the correct details. So, I am guessing someone from UKBA made a mistake (my handwriting is really clear, so no mess -ups there).

I am worried that the UKBA will return my application and by the time I resubmit, the new 'Masters' rules will have come in to force.

What should I do?

Thank you. Regards, C80

Caramba80
Newly Registered

Post by Caramba80 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:39 pm

Also, could someone please indicate:

1. Whether there is a UKBA fax number that I can send a request to; and

2. If you have paid by credit card / debit card previously, what Payee name has appeared in the statement (for instance, UKBA, Tier 1 UKBA, etc). I am trying to check with my bank how "Orlando" fits in. "Government - Orlando" handed in the demand for GBP 750 the other day.

Thanks.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:06 pm

Caramba80 wrote:Also, could someone please indicate:

1. Whether there is a UKBA fax number that I can send a request to; and

2. If you have paid by credit card / debit card previously, what Payee name has appeared in the statement (for instance, UKBA, Tier 1 UKBA, etc). I am trying to check with my bank how "Orlando" fits in. "Government - Orlando" handed in the demand for GBP 750 the other day.

Thanks.
You should do a search on previous threads with this kind of problem
And you cant do anything until you get the application back so sit tight and do some research

Caramba80
Newly Registered

Post by Caramba80 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:23 pm

Thank you.

Actually, I couldnt find anything on the point except one post where the Issue Number for the Debit Card was incorrectly inputted by the UKBA.

I understand that I may have to wait for the application to come back - I was hoping that I would *not* have to and could fax them a letter or something - since I will not be eligible under the new rules.

C80

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:09 pm

Caramba80 wrote:Thank you.

Actually, I couldnt find anything on the point except one post where the Issue Number for the Debit Card was incorrectly inputted by the UKBA.

I understand that I may have to wait for the application to come back - I was hoping that I would *not* have to and could fax them a letter or something - since I will not be eligible under the new rules.

C80
It is called similarity and extrapolate
you need a post that is exactly the same to learn and figure out what to do?

Caramba80
Newly Registered

Post by Caramba80 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:20 pm

Is there anyone else who can be helpful with fax number or contact details or suggestions which do not involve waiting around for the application to be returned? Thank you in advance!

Republique - Thank you. I understand the broad apparent similarity between the two situations, but unlike in the other case, my application has not been returned yet - and that is precisely what I am hoping to avoid!

Cheers.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:41 pm

Caramba80 wrote:Is there anyone else who can be helpful with fax number or contact details or suggestions which do not involve waiting around for the application to be returned? Thank you in advance!

Republique - Thank you. I understand the broad apparent similarity between the two situations, but unlike in the other case, my application has not been returned yet - and that is precisely what I am hoping to avoid!

Cheers.
The problem is UKBA uses a payment handling service (this was the case for HSMP and there is no reason to believe that it would have changed)who processes the peyment before the application is passed on for processing. Unless we know which payment handling service is being used and what their contact details are it is highly unlikely that you would be able to intervene. Try speaking to HO and see if they can provide some sort of contact details.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

maheshnair
BANNED

Re: UKBA put in wrong CC security code: Payment rejected by

Post by maheshnair » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:36 am

Caramba80 wrote:Hi,

I submitted my application on the 26th. UKBA got it on the 27th.

I elected to pay by Credit Card. I called up my bank today to check to see whether UKBA had drawn against my Credit Card. The Bank said that a request for GBP 750 was made, but rejected because the wrong CVV (Security Code) number was put in by the payee.

I checked a photocopy of application form and I have put in the correct details. So, I am guessing someone from UKBA made a mistake (my handwriting is really clear, so no mess -ups there).

I am worried that the UKBA will return my application and by the time I resubmit, the new 'Masters' rules will have come in to force.

What should I do?

Thank you. Regards, C80

caramba80,
Please get in touch with HO ASAP and make them understand that it is there mistake . If needed take help of a solicitor . Take a letter from the bank also saying it is HO mistake . This is because if they reject now . New rules will apply for you .

why do you guys select complex ways to pay .
dont give any chance of getting screwed ..

Best option is postal order ...

dont try to save 20 -30 £ ...please use PO . safest and quickest

Caramba80
Newly Registered

Post by Caramba80 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:06 am

Thank you all for your responses. If there are any other thoughts, I would be grateful if you could let me know.

@maheshnair:

My fault - I just thought that there would never be a problem with my credit card payment. All details were triple checked. I didn't expect the payment processing unit to mess up.

1. I now have in hand, a letter from my back confirming that a transaction for GBP 750.00 was submitted on 30/03/2009 at 9:33 a.m. and was declined because the wrong security code was input and that only one attempt was made by the payee.

2. I have re-confirmed that the details in my application are correct.

3. I called the HO helpline twice.

4. The first CSE heard me out, expressed regret that the payment request had not gone through and suggested that I resend the application with proof that it was submitted before the new rules came in to effect, with proof that the payment was declined because of the payment processing unit's error and a suitable covering letter.

5. The second CSE was not that helpful and said that if the application was returned, I would be considered under the new rules. He indicated that there is a possibility that I would be contacted with a request for new payment details.

6. Both emphasised that there was nothing that could be done at this stage and that it was likely that the application would be returned to me. No contact details were made available.

7. I am in the process of contacting solicitors. Any suggestions (London based immigration practitioners) would be appreciated.

Thank you all, once again. I will keep updating this post as a resource if anyone should find themselves in a similar position.

Regards,
C80

tom.tom

invalid application

Post by tom.tom » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:58 pm

I too am facing the same problem, I am also affected by the new rules.

Send my application on 25th march 2009
application returned as invalid on 31st march 2009

reason ---- transaction declined.

prior to sending my application I had already informed the bank that
£750 will be requested by Home office.

The bank is saying that the transaction hasn't been declined. and that home office has requested the money... the same will reflect in my statements 24 to 48 hrs from now.

both Home office and bank are claiming that they have done things correctly.

I have raised a complaint asking them to look into the issue.

Bank is saying that they can give a complete report of the transaction, which I can use as evidence against home office.

I'm confused.... I don't know who has made the mistake.... Home office or Bank.

Postal order would have been a better option, I guess....

Caramba80
Newly Registered

Post by Caramba80 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:11 pm

Tom.tom,

Sorry to hear that you are in the same mess I am in.

I have some suggestions based on the running around I have done. You may consider following some of those steps yourself. I will PM you my phone numbers.

Regards,
C80

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:18 pm

Caramba80 wrote:Is there anyone else who can be helpful with fax number or contact details or suggestions which do not involve waiting around for the application to be returned? Thank you in advance!

Cheers.
Broad similarity. My eye. It isn't that broad. Everyone wants a cookie cutter answer. And just as you found out, I told you nothing can be done and you'd have to wait for the return of your application. My answer has been so far very complete and accurate.
Second, nothing is wrong with a creditcard, it is the best method of payment. You dont think things go wrong with checks or postal orders.

Caramba80
Newly Registered

Post by Caramba80 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:25 pm

Also, when you say you have raised a complaint - how have you done this? Have you followed the complaint procedure listed on the UKBA website, i.e., contacted the North whatever CSU?

Caramba80
Newly Registered

Post by Caramba80 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:27 pm

[Edited on reflection!]

tom.tom

Post by tom.tom » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:37 pm

I don't know what is way forward....
as I cannot submit a fresh application due to masters degree requirement... I have to some how resurrect my invalid application.

I got mixed response from Home Office.. when I said its unfair to treat my application as invalid because of Bank or some other reason which is not within my control.

Home office advised to re-send my application.. if bank can support their claim with a covering note explaining the same..how ever the case worker may or may not consider.. because of the new rules.

I got a different resonse when I called them a second time.. this time saying that I can only submit a fresh application and only in the new rules.
and if I feel thats unfair.. then raise a complaint.

I am now waiting for evidence from the bank.. they said they will give me a detailed report of the transaction.

will have to wait and see what happens.....

tom.tom

Post by tom.tom » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:39 pm

I have raised the complaint via email.. just for the records.
I will send a formal complaint after i have enough evidence from the bank.

Caramba80
Newly Registered

Post by Caramba80 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:40 pm

That is exactly my experience. The first CSE on the helpline said that it should be resubmitted with necessary covering documents. The second was not very helpful at all.

Good luck with the bank documentation. I have sent you my phone numbers in a private message. I had an interesting chat with an immigration consultant and hopefully, it will work out for both of us.

Regards,
C80

tom.tom

Post by tom.tom » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:51 pm

I think Raising a complaint would be best approach. It should be raised against their standard of service. since we have evidence from the bank that Home office has made an error. makes it a strong case.

complaints are dealt seriously and you should get a reply with in 20 working days. according to home office website.

Re-sending the application with a covering note may get rejected again. and this time the rejection is because you made a mistake.

So raising a complaint and await their decision would be safest option.
you should ideally get a green signal with your application, because home office has made an error with your payment..

Lets hope for the best!!!

will keep posted...... on my case.....

Caramba80
Newly Registered

Post by Caramba80 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:18 pm

Just got home and saw two packages from the UKBA:

The first says that the application has been recieved, gives me a PB number and says that all necessary payments have been processed.

The second encloses my application and documents and says that the application has been rejected because the payment transaction was declined.

Whatever!

Will speak to my lawyers tomorrow. Maybe making a complaint is the right way to go!

C80

ratish
Newly Registered

Tier1 Application Rejected due to Declined Transaction

Post by ratish » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:19 pm

Hi,

i am in a terrible situation.I submitted by Tier1 as per version 11/08 on 25th MAr 2009.My application came back to me as rejected on 31st MAr2009 stating that my transaction declined.I checked all and could see my bank details and Debit information was correct upto the mark.

To enquire I called up HSBC my bank and asked them to check all my declined transaction.They confirmed the transaction was declined because the user has put the issue number as 1 whereas my issue number is 0.Now I dont know and I am not sure whether UKBA application considers Issue number 0 since in most of the systems number 0 is considered to be void (This is just my assumption)

Then later I called up Home office and they asked me to send a note to UKBA Durham appealing against the rejection.I have gathered all the information from HSBC and sent my application form back to UKBA Durham with a cover letter stating the issue and my investigations.I also told them I have been advised by Tier 1 enquiry team to take this step.Hence Please consider my application.

Do you think they will consider my application.Since as per 03/09 Version I am unelligible.If they reject my application again, what should be my next step, since its not a mistake from my end?

Regards,
Ratish

Caramba80
Newly Registered

Post by Caramba80 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:29 pm

Hi Ratish,

I dont know.

I am doing exactly the same thing - that is, resubmitting my application (the older version) on Monday, except that I am getting a solicitor to write the covering letter on her letterhead describing the problem, attaching a letter from HSBC saying that it was the UKBA's fault, and that they should consider the application as having been recieved on time as per the old rules, etc. since it was their fault.

Secondly, while the new application form has come in to force, please refer to Rule 34 I of the Immigtration Rules or

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... dtier1form

which appears to suggest that the old form will still work. "In line with paragraph 34I of the Immigration Rules, the previous versions of each of these forms will continue to be valid for applications made up to 21 days after 31 March 2009."

I am very serious about this as a matter of principle. I have already decided that I will take this to Judicial Review and by myself if necessary.

You may not have a right of appeal if you have existing leave to remain (for instance, a work permit which is valid) and are applying from within the UK. So the only solution if you are rejected again, may well be to go for a judicial review.

Call me if you wish. I will PM you my numbers.

C80

tom.tom

Post by tom.tom » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:21 pm

ratish,
Sorry to hear about your case. we are all in the same boat.

today morning, I got my letter from the bank stating that transaction was approved with reference no. I have now raised a postal complaint with evidence against home office.

But I was told by Home office not to send my application until they ask me to do so.

So I am now waiting to hear some good news from them....
I Hope home office will send me a letter asking me to re-send my application.

will have to wait and see...

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:26 pm

Caramba80 wrote:Hi Ratish,

I dont know.

I am doing exactly the same thing - that is, resubmitting my application (the older version) on Monday, except that I am getting a solicitor to write the covering letter on her letterhead describing the problem, attaching a letter from HSBC saying that it was the UKBA's fault, and that they should consider the application as having been recieved on time as per the old rules, etc. since it was their fault.

Secondly, while the new application form has come in to force, please refer to Rule 34 I of the Immigtration Rules or

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... dtier1form

which appears to suggest that the old form will still work. "In line with paragraph 34I of the Immigration Rules, the previous versions of each of these forms will continue to be valid for applications made up to 21 days after 31 March 2009."

I am very serious about this as a matter of principle. I have already decided that I will take this to Judicial Review and by myself if necessary.

You may not have a right of appeal if you have existing leave to remain (for instance, a work permit which is valid) and are applying from within the UK. So the only solution if you are rejected again, may well be to go for a judicial review.

Call me if you wish. I will PM you my numbers.

C80

Ratheesh / carambo ,

It seems both of you did not make any mistake .
Why should you suffer for their mistake . You are paying 750 £ and paying lots of taxes man . we are not jokers or bufoons for them to just reject after eating our big taxes and pack us back home . Fight it till you win . I am sure you can win as the TRUTH is with you ...

Get a STRONG lawyer and put a case

Caramba80
Newly Registered

Post by Caramba80 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:30 pm

Agreed Maheshnair.

I would have liked to follow Tom.Tom's strategy of making a complaint, but I hate to put things back in their hand.

I am still thinking about whether I should follow a complaint route, or re-apply with a suitable cover letter and evidence and if they reject my application again, go for a judicial appeal.

Will decide on Monday.

Regards
C80

tom.tom

Post by tom.tom » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:34 pm

if you re-send your application it will be treated as fresh application. and your application can be returned as invalid.
The letter that I received from home office said the same.

you should give home office a chance to rectify their mistake. they have a complaints department where you can report.

I have done the same....

Unless home office asks you to send your application back.... you probably shouldn't.