ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife ILR application - what is Complex for PEO application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Jon_H

Wife ILR application - what is Complex for PEO application

Post by Jon_H » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:37 pm

Hi All

A quick one I hope - after a brief overstay in 2007 my Wife went back to Australia and got her 2 year Spouse Visa. Now we are approaching the deadline for ILR and I am keen to apply in person in Croydon. I am concerned though at the statement concerning complex applications not being dealt with at the PEO.

Can any one confirm if a short overstay and succesful application in Aus is a complex case? If I make an appointment and they do not approve on the day, then what happens? Does it go on the pile with postal applications or is it dealt with immediately rather than waiting?

Thanks for your hep.

Jon

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:16 pm

If it's not decided on the day, unfortunately it's not given any priority and you could expect to wait for the same length of time as a standard postal application.
The overstay shouldn't now affect your wife's ILR application if she was issued a 2 year spouse visa from Australia.
For a straightforward PEO application you need:
At least 6 documents from 3 different categories, in joint names at the same address, spread as evenly as possible over the full 2 years. More
documents if they are in single names.
Pass certificate for Life in the UK test
Proof of finances, bank statements, pay slips, etc.
Apply for appointment 6 weeks before.

Jon_H

Post by Jon_H » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:48 pm

Thanks Casa, will give it a go then.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:25 pm

Take your marriage certificate with you. It's not on the list in SET(M)
documents, but strangely they sometimes ask for it!
Good luck :wink:

Jon_H

Post by Jon_H » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:33 am

Yes... I will be taking the whole file she took to Canberra I think. They didn't look at it then, so might as well take it now.

khaledadda

Re: Wife ILR application - what is Complex for PEO applicati

Post by khaledadda » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:06 pm

Hi there,

i have similar situation of overstayed visitor visa , married to british citizen went back to my country and got entry clearance of 2 years visa, now due to apply for ILR and wonderring if the overstay would be complex for my application, could you please tell me about your experiance , many thanks.

Casa

Re: Wife ILR application - what is Complex for PEO applicati

Post by Casa » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:16 am

You've posted in a 4 year old thread....but the answer is that your previous overstay shouldn't complicate your application. You can apply at a PEO as long as your documents are all in order.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.