ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How Long I can stay in same company after redundancy...

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Pmishra
Newly Registered

How Long I can stay in same company after redundancy...

Post by Pmishra » Thu May 14, 2009 8:43 am

Hello Everyone,
Could anyone let me know, How long I can stay in the same company after being made redundant.
Suppose there is a case that, Some company has made me redundant and I am on a WP with that company. so as soon as I leave the company, I can't stay in the country. So I have requested the HR to allow me stay in the same company which they have agreed. I just wanted to know for how long I can stay like that. is there any time limit for this? I also have applied for HSMP which can arrive anytime.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: How Long I can stay in same company after redundancy...

Post by Wanderer » Thu May 14, 2009 9:15 am

Pmishra wrote:Hello Everyone,
Could anyone let me know, How long I can stay in the same company after being made redundant.
Suppose there is a case that, Some company has made me redundant and I am on a WP with that company. so as soon as I leave the company, I can't stay in the country. So I have requested the HR to allow me stay in the same company which they have agreed. I just wanted to know for how long I can stay like that. is there any time limit for this? I also have applied for HSMP which can arrive anytime.
This doesn't make sense. If you are made redundant, u cannot remain with the company, it's a bit of a tautology.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Pmishra
Newly Registered

Post by Pmishra » Thu May 14, 2009 9:54 am

hmm.

nksg

Re: How Long I can stay in same company after redundancy...

Post by nksg » Fri May 15, 2009 4:33 pm

As per the law if your WP sponsorer makes you redundent you have 28 days to leave the country or apply for T1, or find a sponsorer to file a fresh application. All is required to be done in 28days time.

Things may vary if your employer decides not to inform UKBA on your job loss but i am not sure if your employer is willing to take that risk.
Pmishra wrote:Hello Everyone,

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Fri May 15, 2009 4:58 pm

Technically, since you already applied for Tier 1, and you did that in good time (before your LTR expires), your stay in the UK is legal until you know of the status of the application.

If Tier 1 is rejected, as in NKSG's reply - 28 days.

Cheers.