ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HO starts taking ILR appointments for 4year-HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

smartwave

HO starts taking ILR appointments for 4year-HSMP

Post by smartwave » Mon May 18, 2009 8:38 am

Just want to share my experience

I got my HSMP VISA in early 2005.

today I called the HO public enquiry line to see if I could make appointment for my settlement visa.

I was asked nicely if I would like to apply based on 5 years or 4 years.

I told them 4 years. then they told me I can have appointments either in Croydon or Birmingham in end of june. I booked the Birmingham one as it is 7 days earlier than the Croydon one.

It looks like HO has sorted things out and starts to accepth ILR appt for pre April 2006 HSMP based on 4 year JR verdict.

It also looks like when the new policy publishs in 2 days, it will still allow us to make in persion ILR application.

Good luck for us all.

smartwave

Post by smartwave » Mon May 18, 2009 8:52 am

they still ask me to prepare to pay the 1000+ fees...

I am going to claim back when I get my ILR :)

smartwave

Post by smartwave » Mon May 18, 2009 8:53 am

smartwave wrote:they still ask me to prepare to pay the 1000+ fees...

very important, they still want me to confirm that I've got my life in the UK test certificate!

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Mon May 18, 2009 8:57 am

smartwave wrote:

very important, they still want me to confirm that I've got my life in the UK test certificate!
Hi, seems HO will not be asking for more days on 20th then. But I'm a little concern that they still want you to come with money. What's the number you used to book the appointment please?

Also, what information should I get ready before picking the phone to make the booking?

Thanks

smartwave

Post by smartwave » Mon May 18, 2009 9:01 am

justice_will_reign wrote:
smartwave wrote:

Hi, seems HO will not be asking for more days on 20th then. But I'm a little concern that they still want you to come with money. What's the number you used to book the appointment please?

Thanks
you need your name, your dob (hope you can remember).

the number is on the settlement application form. download from UKBA website. I first called 3 minutes before 9:00 and it kept saying 'office closed'. I ignored it and kept dialling. then at 8:59 I got through. Looked like I was the first person they answered today. :)

then I called again at 9:05 to alter my appt. this time it took me about 20 minutes to go through.

the ppl answered the call were really nice ppl. It is those HO stupid high officers who made the mess but then it is those case workers to clean up their mess.

remember they did ask twice if I already took my life in the uk test.

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Mon May 18, 2009 9:04 am

smartwave wrote: then I called again at 9:05 to alter my appt. this time it took me about 20 minutes to go through.

the ppl answered the call were really nice ppl. It is those HO stupid high officers who made the mess but then it is those case workers to clean up their mess.

What information do I need to book the appointment?

smartwave

Post by smartwave » Mon May 18, 2009 9:06 am

smartwave wrote: then I called again at 9:05 to alter my appt. this time it took me about 20 minutes to go through.

your name, your dob, the time you finish your 4 years,
your life in the uk test, how many dependents you have.

motor
Newly Registered

Post by motor » Mon May 18, 2009 9:57 am

Hi,

could you confirm, if you just have qualified for 4 years ILR or had been extended previously like 1+3+3 and got Tier 1 instead of ILR 4 years before?

Thanks

smartwave

Post by smartwave » Mon May 18, 2009 10:09 am

motor wrote:Hi,

could you confirm, if you just have qualified for 4 years ILR or had been extended previously like 1+3+3 and got Tier 1 instead of ILR 4 years before?

Thanks
I dont' think that makes any difference.

I personally belong to 1+3hsmp+3T1.

However from my understanding, as long as you got your HSMP before April2006 and you have(or will in the next 4 weeks) stayed in UK for 4 years then you are able to book appointments now.

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Mon May 18, 2009 10:19 am

Just tried to book an appointment myself. They did tell me about the £1020 + £50 for each dependent fee as well. Unfortunately there are no appointment slots anywhere (this was shortly after 10 this morning). I was advised that I could try again tomorrow but to do so at 9.00 am as they go quickly. A bit frustrating really but I really do not want to have to wait six months for a postal application. I hope the HO are planning to have a special team deal with the HSMP ILR postal applications to avoid further time-wasting for long suffering pre April 2006 applicants.
'In everything give thanks'

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Mon May 18, 2009 10:27 am

OFCHARITY wrote:Just tried to book an appointment myself. They did tell me about the £1020 + £50 for each dependent fee as well. Unfortunately there are no appointment slots anywhere (this was shortly after 10 this morning). I was advised that I could try again tomorrow but to do so at 9.00 am as they go quickly. A bit frustrating really but I really do not want to have to wait six months for a postal application. I hope the HO are planning to have a special team deal with the HSMP ILR postal applications to avoid further time-wasting for long suffering pre April 2006 applicants.
Maybe 20th will provide a clearer view on how HO will sort out the previous fees that we were forced to pay for unlawful extention after initial 4 years period. I can't wait for Wednesday to come!

motor
Newly Registered

Post by motor » Mon May 18, 2009 10:41 am

smartwave wrote:
motor wrote:Hi,

Thanks
I dont' think that makes any difference.

I personally belong to 1+3hsmp+3T1.

However from my understanding, as long as you got your HSMP before April2006 and you have(or will in the next 4 weeks) stayed in UK for 4 years then you are able to book appointments now.
Seems like it does not make any difference as you were asked to be ready to pay, though it would be more fair for them not to charge for ILR application in case of 1+3hsmp+3T1.

Thanks

Sten

Post by Sten » Mon May 18, 2009 10:58 am

smartwave wrote:the number is on the settlement application form.
Anyone knows an alternative number, can't call 0870 numbers from company's phone.

I found these from past discussions, but they no longer work:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... b1e67e7226
Good luck !

willnotbackHSMP

Post by willnotbackHSMP » Mon May 18, 2009 11:25 am

smartwave wrote:

Regarding finish of four years- which date it will be to calculate ? From the date of visa stamped or date of entry in UK ?

Can you clear it , please ?

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Mon May 18, 2009 11:27 am

I don't know that there are any non 0870 numbers that you can call them on nowadays, you could try using your mobile phone although obviously it will cost you extra. One other lady I spoke with at the HO this morning told me that they cannot take appointments for 4 years ILR on HSMP, I assume she is just not aware and decided not to argue, so if you are told this on your first call, simply try again until you get someone who will make the appointment.

shs213

Post by shs213 » Mon May 18, 2009 11:54 am

Can someone please type in the number here? I am a pre-06 WP holder who joined HSMP in June 06, I am going to try my luck to see if I might be eligible… then again it’s fat hope so I think I will stay put till 20th for the HO announcement…

smartwave

Post by smartwave » Mon May 18, 2009 12:00 pm

willnotbackHSMP wrote:
smartwave wrote:

Regarding finish of four years- which date it will be to calculate ? From the date of visa stamped or date of entry in UK ?

Can you clear it , please ?
well, my understanding is from the date of entry in UK on HSMP visa.

if you applied initially in country, then from the visa stamped date.

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Mon May 18, 2009 12:18 pm

Number for appointments: 08706067766

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Mon May 18, 2009 1:56 pm

OFCHARITY wrote:Number for appointments: 08706067766
THANKS

Sten

Post by Sten » Tue May 19, 2009 8:05 am

Nope. Was told need to wait till 20/22 ..
Good luck !

smartwave

Post by smartwave » Tue May 19, 2009 8:06 am

Sten wrote:Nope. Was told need to wait till 20/22 ..
really?

Maybe I was lucky?

Why they give me an appointment though

I first talked to one lady who booked an appt for me in Croydon.
Then 5 minutes later, I called again and this time talked to a gentleman who booked an appt for me in Birmingham.

They all asked if I would like to apply ilr based on 4 years or 5 years.

Strange. they were ET I talked to

Papafaith
Member of Standing

Post by Papafaith » Tue May 19, 2009 8:52 am

I was refused appointment on the basis of 4yrs, this morning at 0911, they said they have to wait for the policy document. I was given an appointment for June 30 on the basis of 5 yrs anyway.
Last edited by Papafaith on Tue May 19, 2009 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

shahidsuri

Post by shahidsuri » Tue May 19, 2009 8:57 am

I called at exact 9.00 and the lady said no appointments are available.. I called again twice and at both instances the person said they have not received any policy documents and can't give appointments on the basis of old rules.

HSMP1+3+1

Post by HSMP1+3+1 » Tue May 19, 2009 9:29 am

I called today at your given number but could not contact directly to any officer for appoint. Instead I had been listening recording telling what details are available on website. At the end recorded machine asked to press 1 to get deails about your application or press 2 for any general inquires... After 15 mins I had been contacted to some one and there was no appoint available.....

Thanks for your help.

HSMP 1+3+3
shahidsuri wrote:I called at exact 9.00 and the lady said no appointments are available.. I called again twice and at both instances the person said they have not received any policy documents and can't give appointments on the basis of old rules.

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Tue May 19, 2009 9:45 am

shahidsuri wrote:I called at exact 9.00 and the lady said no appointments are available.. I called again twice and at both instances the person said they have not received any policy documents and can't give appointments on the basis of old rules.
Typical HO as usual...well, it's just less than 24 hours to go!