ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

'In Person' Application-Decision is not made on the same day

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

liverpool123
Newly Registered

'In Person' Application-Decision is not made on the same day

Post by liverpool123 » Thu May 21, 2009 5:24 pm

I submitted an 'In person' (Premium Service) Tier1 Visa application today and a decision was not made due to earnings verification pending (HR took off today which was unexpected). How long it will take for HO to decide once the verification part is over. HR is due to return to work tomorrow.

Dependant's original documents were returned to me along with other documents. When the case worker was contacted over phone by the receptionist to convey this, she was replied that the photo copy of the docs were taken. Same message was conveyed to me by the receptionist.

My concerns are.

If In Person application remains without any decision made on the same day , then who will take the decision. Is it the same case worker who handled the application or some one new.

If a new case worker verifies the documents and dependent's orig docs are missing, how can I prove that the originals were returned to me by the case worker who handled my case today.

Thanks in advance.

CSK

Post by CSK » Thu May 21, 2009 5:55 pm

liverpool123,

This is really unexpected as you rightly said...This is goin to be a real concern for people like me who are awaiting for our appointments for extension..HR not being in office or not attending phone might happen 8/10 times for anyone, does HO have a procedure to handle such cases?..Now i can understand your worry clearly cos you might have so many questions in mind around this..
I hope they get your earnings verified soon and stamp your visa ASAP.

some queries for you,
1) which PEO did you apply from?
2) Is the check with HR mandatory for all extension applications?
3) Did u ask what is further proceedings on your case either to receptionist or Case worker?

I am confused too :oops: :roll: having my appoinment on 10th june..

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Thu May 21, 2009 6:25 pm

Looks to be croydon,listen from people that they do this on PEO,as they are quite busy than other PEOs.
It looks they do it as soon as possible,as you have paid fees for PEO.Just a matter to speak HR.You can say luck matters.

BeHonest

Post by BeHonest » Thu May 21, 2009 10:30 pm

deleted

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Fri May 22, 2009 8:38 am

liverpool123 and CSK have asked something I am concern about for a long time.
Could please someone who has similar experience put thier input.
Thanks
CSK wrote:liverpool123,

This is really unexpected as you rightly said...This is goin to be a real concern for people like me who are awaiting for our appointments for extension..HR not being in office or not attending phone might happen 8/10 times for anyone, does HO have a procedure to handle such cases?..Now i can understand your worry clearly cos you might have so many questions in mind around this..

some queries for you,
3) Did u ask what is further proceedings on your case either to receptionist or Case worker?

I am confused too :oops: :roll: having my appoinment on 10th june..

liverpool123
Newly Registered

Post by liverpool123 » Fri May 22, 2009 8:54 am

[quote="CSK"]liverpool123,

some queries for you,

I am confused too :oops: :roll: having my appoinment on 10th june..[/quote]

Hi,

1) Liverpool
2) Yes
3) No

Fingers crossed.

All the best.

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Fri May 22, 2009 8:57 am

>>2) Is the check with HR mandatory for all extension applications?
By looking at the application form .. of course its mandatory but question is do they do it for all PEO and non PEO applications?

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Fri May 22, 2009 8:58 am

Also one more saparate question regrading name on payslips and bank statements. Do they match on exatly as same?

On My Payslip its J Smith and on my bank statement it is John W Smith.
My Passport shows John William Smith .

Any thoughts?

Edo

Re: 'In Person' Application-Decision is not made on the same

Post by Edo » Fri May 22, 2009 1:28 pm

Can I ask you what was so complicated about your previous earnings that they had to call your HR to confirm your employment? I'm not sure if they call HR for every Tier 1 General application so there may be a reason why they wanted to do so in your case. Did you take all your payslips/P60, bank statements etc along with you?
liverpool123 wrote:I submitted an 'In person' (Premium Service) Tier1 Visa application today and a decision was not made due to earnings verification pending (HR took off today which was unexpected). How long it will take for HO to decide once the verification part is over. HR is due to return to work tomorrow.

Dependant's original documents were returned to me along with other documents. When the case worker was contacted over phone by the receptionist to convey this, she was replied that the photo copy of the docs were taken. Same message was conveyed to me by the receptionist.

My concerns are.

If In Person application remains without any decision made on the same day , then who will take the decision. Is it the same case worker who handled the application or some one new.

If a new case worker verifies the documents and dependent's orig docs are missing, how can I prove that the originals were returned to me by the case worker who handled my case today.

Thanks in advance.

liverpool123
Newly Registered

Re: 'In Person' Application-Decision is not made on the same

Post by liverpool123 » Fri May 22, 2009 2:08 pm

[quote="Edo"]
Can I ask you what was so complicated about your previous earnings that they had to call your HR to confirm your employment? I'm not sure if they call HR for every Tier 1 General application so there may be a reason why they wanted to do so in your case. Did you take all your payslips/P60, bank statements etc along with you?

[quote="liverpool123"]I submitted an 'In person' (Premium Service) Tier1 Visa application today and a decision was not made due to earnings verification pending (HR took off today which was unexpected). How long it will take for HO to decide once the verification part is over. HR is due to return to work tomorrow.

My concerns are.

Thanks in advance.[/quote]
[/quote]

Payslips (signed and sealed)
P60
HMRC docs obtained using data protection act
Bank statements.

All are originals. Not even 1p more than what I earned mentioned. It is the procedure(employer verification mail for the records) what the case worker wanted to follow.

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Fri May 22, 2009 2:16 pm

Why did you have to sign and seal your payslips? Is it not in standard UK format?

May be that's the reason they want to talk to your employer about.

kuzine
Newly Registered

Post by kuzine » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:00 am

Hi Liverpool123;

Have you heard anything from the home office yet? Seems to be in the same situation. Was in Liverpool yesterday for my HSMP extension. They finally came back to me that they are waiting to verify my UK masters degree although it was the same degree used in my initial HSMP application.

Pay slips and other documents according to them is ok. I was told they will have to get back to me when they hear from the university.

Any idea how long it will take?

Regards

Kuzine

liverpool123
Newly Registered

Post by liverpool123 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:07 am

It took 2 weeks to get my visa stamped after a few follow ups.

All the best.

crestwater
Newly Registered

Post by crestwater » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:21 pm

Liverpool123,

I have the same issue with Croydon PEO. I ssubmitted on 29th May but was told that they need to make some enquiry which they are awaiting response. They did not disclose to me the type of enquiry or where they require more information.
I did a 2 month contract which i included the 2 payslips (security formal Payslip) and my bank statement clearly shows the same fund and also the souce of fund. The fears is I just heard that the company has relocated from the address I put in my application and this means HO will not be able to contact the company for verification.
The location of the company now is actually the official registered office but the head office was else where making it 2 offices, now they have moved the head office to the registered office. The information i have in my form is the head office which is now closed. Is it possible to send the new details of the company to HO?
Then what type of follow up did u do for your application? Please help!

Sphinxed
Newly Registered

Post by Sphinxed » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:01 pm

Is it possible to send the new details of the company to HO?
Yes, I believe so.

My advice is call HO up, find out the details of your application, if they say they are still verifying your details, inform them of new contact details of your employers.

Make clear that this is NOT new or additional information BUT useful and required information that has transpired during the course of their long verification

I'm sure it is well IJN.

liverpool123
Newly Registered

Post by liverpool123 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:18 am

Hi crestwater,

The case worker told his name. But could not able to talk to him directly after we left the PEO.

We called the HO and gave our details (PEO/Case worker name/Appln details) and asked for the status. But we were told, if same day application could not be decided due to various reasons on that day itself, then that would be treated as postal application. We were also informed that they could not trace out. Since we live in Liverpool I went in person to PEO ,gave our appln details as soon as I got the confirmation from my HR (the details were sent to HO) and gave our reasons to consider it fast. We sent an urgent treatment request to HO.

We sent a better photo for one of my dependents along with change of circumstances form. But it was not used in the visa and we did not get the photo back.

In your case, please send change of circumstances form before a decision is made,mention all the details.

All the Best.
Liverpool123

[quote="crestwater"]Liverpool123,

I have the same issue with Croydon PEO. I ssubmitted on 29th May but was told that they need to make some enquiry which they are awaiting response. They did not disclose to me the type of enquiry or where they require more information.
I did a 2 month contract which i included the 2 payslips (security formal Payslip) and my bank statement clearly shows the same fund and also the souce of fund. The fears is I just heard that the company has relocated from the address I put in my application and this means HO will not be able to contact the company for verification.
The location of the company now is actually the official registered office but the head office was else where making it 2 offices, now they have moved the head office to the registered office. The information i have in my form is the head office which is now closed. Is it possible to send the new details of the company to HO?
Then what type of follow up did u do for your application? Please help![/quote]

crestwater
Newly Registered

Post by crestwater » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:53 pm

I called HO today, they said my application is awaiting further consideration. I will send them full details of my employer tomorrow stating the name of the case worker in the letter that was given to me.

crestwater
Newly Registered

Post by crestwater » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:13 pm

I received my passport today with my visa extended till July 2012.
I am very happy and grateful to everyone on this forum who has contributed directly to my post and those who shared their experiences in obtaining or extending their visa. I will post full details on the In-Person Application approval post.