ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming WFTC, Child Benefit etc, spouse visa

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

craig1974
Newly Registered

Claiming WFTC, Child Benefit etc, spouse visa

Post by craig1974 » Mon May 25, 2009 1:04 pm

Hi All

I have read through these posts about asimilar topics, but have different understandings about this rule.
I am married I am UK citizen since birth. I have recently been made redundent, I have stared a new job and I am going to claim Working Families Tax Credit. I already recieve childe benefit for my son.
My wife is about to apply for her spouse visa, because i claim these benefits, will she be refused????
I have around £7000 in savings which i can prove, I understand she cannot claim anything when she gets here, I know this rule, but because I already claim, will her visa be deneyed? Is it advisable to do a budget, I reckong after my salary and my WFTC and after paying my rent etc etc, I will have around £600 to live on, as well as having £7000 in savings.
Is this enough to convince the ECO I would can support my wife on this?

Thank you

meats
BANNED

Re: Claiming WFTC, Child Benefit etc, spouse visa

Post by meats » Mon May 25, 2009 6:34 pm

craig1974 wrote:Hi All

I have read through these posts about asimilar topics, but have different understandings about this rule.
I am married I am UK citizen since birth. I have recently been made redundent, I have stared a new job and I am going to claim Working Families Tax Credit. I already recieve childe benefit for my son.
My wife is about to apply for her spouse visa, because i claim these benefits, will she be refused????
I have around £7000 in savings which i can prove, I understand she cannot claim anything when she gets here, I know this rule, but because I already claim, will her visa be deneyed? Is it advisable to do a budget, I reckong after my salary and my WFTC and after paying my rent etc etc, I will have around £600 to live on, as well as having £7000 in savings.

Thank you
It won't affect the spouse visa as you have savings. I would do a budget if i were you. I'm not sure whether you should be on benefits mind as you have over £6,000 worth of savings...

ILR -Man
Newly Registered

Re: Claiming WFTC, Child Benefit etc, spouse visa

Post by ILR -Man » Wed May 27, 2009 4:25 pm

[quote="craig1974"]Hi All

Thank you[/quote]

There's nothing in here that shows any reason for refusal ,besides you are not heavily dependent on public funds and you have reasonable savings. :D