ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My time constaints - help urgent!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

whatever123
Newly Registered

My time constaints - help urgent!

Post by whatever123 » Tue May 26, 2009 9:36 pm

Hi guys,

I am currently in Uk on a work permit. However my assigneement is ending now and my company is transferring my payroll by June 3rd.
I would like to apply for tier 1 general visa using a friends address here before I leave for India. The idea is that I could come back here sooner and my previous 8 months or so work here would be counted as stay in Uk. What do you suggest ? Is there any difficulty?

Thanks much,

push

Re: My time constaints - help urgent!

Post by push » Tue May 26, 2009 9:54 pm

whatever123 wrote:Hi guys,

I am currently in Uk on a work permit. However my assigneement is ending now and my company is transferring my payroll by June 3rd.
I would like to apply for tier 1 general visa using a friends address here before I leave for India. The idea is that I could come back here sooner and my previous 8 months or so work here would be counted as stay in Uk. What do you suggest ? Is there any difficulty?

Thanks much,
Yes, if you manage to switch into Tier-1 before your WP expires & you leave for your native country.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

whatever123
Newly Registered

Post by whatever123 » Tue May 26, 2009 10:08 pm

Hi, sorry but I did not understand your reply. Should I have to get t the tier I before I leave ? I am not planning on that. I would rather leave after applying for it. My friend will pick it up (the actual approval letter if it is approved) and mail it to me/

Please let me know any difficulties with this approach. My idea is if I apply before I leave my WP exp in 8 month will be added to my total UK exp when I return back with tier 1.

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Tue May 26, 2009 11:26 pm

How will you travel to India without your passport ? Approval letter is history. You have to submit your passport with your T1 application.