ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsor Letter Sample

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

amybaniya
Newly Registered

Sponsor Letter Sample

Post by amybaniya » Wed May 27, 2009 3:01 pm

Hi, I have posted here once before asking for some advice on how to write my sponsor letter for my husbands settlement visa application. Although the reply was helpful in some ways, I'm still a bit hazy on what to write. I know I have to give a history of our relationship and why I want him to live here, but what else do I need to include in that? I need to mention that I would be able to support him fanancially but would I need to be brief in this explanation given that I will be supplying bank statements, wage slips, savings etc? Is there anything else I need to include?
Also, how brief do I have to be when mentioning the history of our relationship? Just a quick timeline with a little explanation or more?!
I'm just so worried I wont include the right information that I want to get it as perfect as possible as I am not using a solicitor for anything.
Any help would be so greatly appreciated as I am so worried about getting it wrong. Also, my husband was an overstayer and went home before we were married (only got married 3 months ago)...and as stupid as this will sound, should I mention this in my letter?!
PLEASE HELP!!!
Thankyou in advance...
Amy

gg234

Re: Sponsor Letter Sample

Post by gg234 » Wed May 27, 2009 3:31 pm

The following sample letter i have used for my wife settlement VISA application.Just replace the XXXX with your details

To

British Deputy High Commission
The Commercial Department
XXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXX

Dear Sir/Madam,

I XXXXXXXX an employee of XXXXXXXXXX having a valid Indefinite Leave to remain and residing at XXXXXXX would like to call my wife (XXXX) to stay with me in the United Kingdom.

I guarantee you that I bear whole expenditure of my wife travel and stay in United Kingdom.

I request you to issue the dependent settlement Visa to my wife and daughter to enable them to undertake their visit and oblige. You may please find enclosed to this letter the supporting letter from XXXXXXX in original, copy of my passport with Indefinite Leave to remain, duly filed in visa form for my wife, my 6 months bank statements,6 months salary slips and 3-year IT returns for your kind perusal and necessary action.

Also, attached is the copy of the tenancy agreement and the renewal agreement copy of the apartment XXXXXXXXX where my wife will live while in the United Kingdom.

Thanking you,

Yours Truly,

You also need to fill the following document

SPONSERSHIP UNDERTAKING FORM for your wife (download from here http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... ponsorform)

Mywife also provided the following letter

To

British Deputy High Commission
The Commercial Department
XXXXXX
XXXXXX

Dear Sir/Madam,

I XXXXX (Wife) of XXXXXXXXX an employee of XXXXXXX having a valid Indefinite Leave to remain and residing at XXXXXXXXXXXX would like to stay with my husband.

I guarantee you that he (my husband) will bear whole expenditure of our travel and stay in United Kingdom.

We request you to issue the necessary Visa to me to enable us to undertake the visit and oblige.

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed May 27, 2009 5:14 pm

There is no requirement for a sponsorship letter or declaration for a spouse visa.These letters are ok if you want to invite someone for a visit to the UK.

There is no harm if you wish to say something more than what you have stated in the application in order to support your husbands application.

If you want to do that then its a simple letter, saying how, where and when you met. Why you wish your hubby to come to the UK rather than you go live there. What the prospect and chances of him getting a job in the UK and the benefit that might bring to UK.

All the information the ECO needs is in the application form and the evidence you send to show you can maintain , support and accomadate him.

The ECO makes the decision whether to grant or refuse on this rather than what you say in a letter ( although letter will be helpful if there any doubts).

If you look through this forum, you can find out wjhat supporting docs people send with the application. Its important you get those right, rather than worry about a sponsor letter.

Hope this helps

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Wed May 27, 2009 9:54 pm

batleykhan wrote:There is no requirement for a sponsorship letter or declaration for a spouse visa.These letters are ok if you want to invite someone for a visit to the UK.

There is no harm if you wish to say something more than what you have stated in the application in order to support your husbands application.

If you want to do that then its a simple letter, saying how, where and when you met. Why you wish your hubby to come to the UK rather than you go live there. What the prospect and chances of him getting a job in the UK and the benefit that might bring to UK.

All the information the ECO needs is in the application form and the evidence you send to show you can maintain , support and accomadate him.

The ECO makes the decision whether to grant or refuse on this rather than what you say in a letter ( although letter will be helpful if there any doubts).

If you look through this forum, you can find out wjhat supporting docs people send with the application. Its important you get those right, rather than worry about a sponsor letter.

Hope this helps
The OP ought to be careful if s/he decides to write such letters, not to contradict with the main information given on the application form. It can turn out to be disastrous, and you can't change it! The ECO will take such information given on covering letters to be very important, as you will be addressing the consular him or her self.
Last edited by DFDS. on Wed May 27, 2009 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed May 27, 2009 10:46 pm

The OP ought to be careful if s/he decides to right such letters, not to contradict with the main information given on the application form. It can turn out to be disastrous, and you can't change it! The ECO will take such information given on covering letters to be very important, as you will be addressing the consular him or her self.
Yes I agree with you fully that the OP should be very careful what she writes in her supporting letter.

As I have already stated it is not a requirement that she has to produce this,but if there is any point that she wants to bring to the attention of the ECO, which the ECO might not be able to assume from the info given in the application form, there is no harm in putting in it writting.......... but she has to be careful not to contradict herself, otherwise she will have problem.

amybaniya
Newly Registered

Post by amybaniya » Sun May 31, 2009 6:38 pm

Thankyou so much for all of your replies, it's really given me a lot of help with regards to my sponsor letter. I would definitely like to write one to support my husbands application, although I realise they're more interested in what you have in your bank account etc...

One question though, some of you mention not to contradict the application itself. What kind of info my husband will be mentioning in that could contradict what I write in my letter? The last thing I want to do is give the wrong impression of our relationship!

Thanks again though everyone, it's so nice to have a helping hand as it's been a living nightmare going through this, and it's so nice to know that there are people out there who want to help, I am beyond grateful for your responses...
Amy

amybaniya
Newly Registered

Post by amybaniya » Sun May 31, 2009 7:42 pm

I forgot to mention in my previous post what documents I do have to support my husbands application.
They are;
6 months Bank statements (Current account and savings account)
6 months payslips
Current P60 for the last year
Letter from my work place to say I am working there (do I really need this?)
Photographs
Phone Bills
Sponsor Letter
Sponsor Form
Passport photocopy of data page and entry/exit stamps to Nepal
Supporting Letter
Photocopy of tenancy aggreement

Is there anything else I should include?

Also, my husband has a savings account, can he just submit photocopies of his bank statements also?

Thanks again.
Amy

gg234

Post by gg234 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:18 am

Details of documents as follows

1. Passport (valid for at least 6 months with available 'visa' pages)
2. VAF 4a.(Visa Application Form)
3. 2 recent coloured photos-: 45mm x 35mm against a white background with contrast coloured clothes. No Polaroid's & no matt finish photos.
4. SPONSERSHIP UNDERTAKING FORM (download from here http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... ponsorform)
5. A letter from official sponsor.
6. Evidence of relationship to the family member in the UK e.g. marriage or birth certificate (original)
7. Passport photocopy & immigration status (valid visa page) of the person in the UK with entry & exit stamps to & from the UK.
8. Detailed evidence of employment in the UK.
9. Letter from the Dept of Works & Pensions (if relevant).
10. Updated and detailed last 6 months itemized bank transactions of sponsor.
11. P-60 of sponsor, (3 years) if applicable.
12. Last 6 months pay-slips of sponsor.
13. Any other evidence of applicant's or spx's savings.
14. Evidence to show whether the accommodation provided in UK is owned outright by spx or mortgaged or leased.
15. A Property Inspection Report relating to this accommodation.(This is very important)
16. Evidence of communication e.g. letters, e-mails, cards, phone bills etc.
17. Wedding photographs,all your family together photos
18. You also need to send your council tax bills,electricity bills,water bills
19. You can prepare your monthly budget plan like incomings and ougoings

amybaniya
Newly Registered

Post by amybaniya » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:02 pm

Thanks so much for the list, it's a great help!! Really appreciated!
I'm a bit worried though as we didn't have a wedding ceremony, we have no photos of family or anything from the day as we got married in Kathmandu central district office. All this involved was filling out the paperwork side of it. The only photos we have from that day are of us with the marriage certificate aswell as hundreds of other photos from my 7 weeks in Nepal.

However, the reason we got married this way was because we didnt have the money to have a ceremony yet (something we plan on doing eventually though)..would I need to mention why this is?
I'm worried they're going to see the documents I have and think its not enough or that its a sham.
Amy
Last edited by amybaniya on Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

amybaniya
Newly Registered

Post by amybaniya » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:18 pm

Once again, I forgot to put everything in my post...how do I come about a property inspection report?

Sammie

Post by Sammie » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:54 am

If you contact your local council (preferred) or local estate agent and explain to them that you need a Property Inspection report for Immigration purposes they can produce one for you.

I think the council option is cheaper that the estate agent. I paid £80 for mine from estate agent... :(
Visa: Spouse
Submitted: 12/03/08 (Mirpur VAC, PAkistan)
Time Elapsed:10 Working Days
Result: VISA ISSUED 28/03/2008
ILR App: 18/03/2010-28/03/2010
ILR App Sent: 25/03/2010
ILR Received: 30/07/2010 - YAY!!

amybaniya
Newly Registered

Post by amybaniya » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:36 pm

Great thankyou for that...
So I take it, someone form the council comes around and inspects the house, noting any major problems etc.
I'm a bit worried though because I'm not living in the nicest, biggest house in the world( but it's cheap, so I'm saving much more money), but it's only temporary until my husband gets back. I think if I were to get a report they'd say its not big enough and there's a lot wrong with it (there isn't really, it looks worse than it is!!)...is there anyway of getting around not having one? Could I take photographs of it? Or if I don't send one, will they automatically reject my husbands application?
Amy

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:07 am

Yes you can .

Just do a report yourself. You will need a digital camera to take photos (tidy your house first).

Just have a look at a typical estate agent house for sale brochure, and do it similar to that. Take a photo of the back and front of house, plus all rooms that belong to you.

At the bottom of each photo give a brief description as well as the measurement of each room.

Whilst such reports are sometime accepted, an independent is much prefered

amybaniya
Newly Registered

Post by amybaniya » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:38 pm

Thankyou so much, although probably better to do it with the council, this would work much better for me...I'll do exactly that and submit it and if it's noot good enough, I'll go from there.
While I'm still here, I have a sample of my support letter, would I be able to e-mail it to anyone to get a bit of advice as to whether it's suitable or not?
Thanks again everyone,
Amy

dav007
Newly Registered

Post by dav007 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:25 am

hi there i am in the same as amybaniya but i am bring my wife to uk

what is the

Sponsor Form

is it the link you have put SPONSERSHIP UNDERTAKING FORM

and one other ? i own my flat and i have sent the deed should this be ok

regards Dav