ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR JR - In person PEO and postal experiences

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rex

ILR JR - In person PEO and postal experiences

Post by Rex » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:14 am

Hi

All members falling under ILR JR category, please post your experiences of PEO or postal application here.

There are lots of threads with scattered information which is quite hard to follow.

Only ILR JR applicants please.

Thank you.

ChetanOjha

Re: ILR JR - In person PEO and postal experiences

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:16 am

You can put your question in the below forum

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewforum.php?f=3

One experience of an applicant is below:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=39765

Rex wrote:Hi

All members falling under ILR JR category, please post your experiences of PEO or postal application here.

There are lots of threads with scattered information which is quite hard to follow.

Thank you.

Sten

Post by Sten » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:30 am

chetanojha wrote: One experience of an applicant is below:

Rex wrote: Only ILR JR applicants please.

Thank you.
Good luck !

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:35 am

Are you trying to make any point? Don't think I am missing something here.
Sten wrote:
chetanojha wrote: One experience of an applicant is below:

Rex wrote: Only ILR JR applicants please.

Thank you.

Rex

Post by Rex » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:43 am

ILR JR is HSMP category where applicants have completed 4 years or more.

ILR JR applies to all HSMPians who got approval letter before April 2006.

This thread does not applies to WP holders and HSMP after April 2006.

This thread is to share experiences for ILR JR just to help others falling in same category.

Thank you.

Sten

Post by Sten » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:56 am

chetanojha wrote:Are you trying to make any point? Don't think I am missing something here.
The one you've mentioned is a WP 5 yrs case, not JR ..
Good luck !

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:44 pm

Aaahh.. Silly me. Thanks.
Sten wrote:
chetanojha wrote:Are you trying to make any point? Don't think I am missing something here.
The one you've mentioned is a WP 5 yrs case, not JR ..

ob40

Post by ob40 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:42 am

Thank you for opening this thread, I hope people post their experiences here.

I am also affected by the JR (arrived in UK 15 July 2004 under HSMP). I have a Birmingham PEO appointment for 6 July with dependents. I had a mishap during my 2nd extension July last year. I had applied thru a consultant who by mistake paid the wrong fee. The HO first acknowledged that the fee is correct but then returned the application 3 weeks after the expiry of my visa saying that I needed to apply with the correct fee. The consultant never told me that the application was returned. He only told me that they were asking for additional money. I paid him and he returned the application with the correct fee. By this time the forms had changed and the application was returned the 2nd time, but luckily the Home Office decided to return the application to my home address directly. I then filed an application which was accepted 81 days after the expiry of my previous leave. I was granted extension under Tier 1 and was also issued with a letter to that effect as well.

Without the JR implemented, I would have taken the postal route considering the earlier issues but now with the JR implemented, I have decided to go in person as I need my passport for travelling. I shall be grateful if some one with more information on the working of the HO or having faced similar circumstances can comment on my situation and the route I have decided to take.

Thank you

ob.

Thank you.

big dada
Newly Registered

Post by big dada » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:04 pm

ob40 wrote:Thank you for opening this thread, I hope people post their experiences here.

I am also affected by the JR (arrived in UK 15 July 2004 under HSMP). I have a Birmingham PEO appointment for 6 July with dependents. I had a mishap during my 2nd extension July last year. I had applied thru a consultant who by mistake paid the wrong fee. The HO first acknowledged that the fee is correct but then returned the application 3 weeks after the expiry of my visa saying that I needed to apply with the correct fee. The consultant never told me that the application was returned. He only told me that they were asking for additional money. I paid him and he returned the application with the correct fee. By this time the forms had changed and the application was returned the 2nd time, but luckily the Home Office decided to return the application to my home address directly. I then filed an application which was accepted 81 days after the expiry of my previous leave. I was granted extension under Tier 1 and was also issued with a letter to that effect as well.

Without the JR implemented, I would have taken the postal route considering the earlier issues but now with the JR implemented, I have decided to go in person as I need my passport for travelling. I shall be grateful if some one with more information on the working of the HO or having faced similar circumstances can comment on my situation and the route I have decided to take.

Thank you

ob.

Thank you.
Hi

I also have an appointment at Birmingham PEO on the same day. Can you tell me the reference number you got while booking started with 477 and is it 6 digits long

Cheers

ob40

Post by ob40 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:36 pm

Hi,

That is correct. See you there :).

Regards

ob40.
big dada wrote: Hi

I also have an appointment at Birmingham PEO on the same day. Can you tell me the reference number you got while booking started with 477 and is it 6 digits long

Cheers

apache
Newly Registered

Letter for back dated indefinite leave

Post by apache » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:14 pm

I apologise if i have come to the wrong place, but i need some advice please
Completed 5 years and got ILR
but according to judicial review would have been eligible for ILR IN JAN 2008 and jan 2009 eligible for nationality
THEY HAVE TOLD ME TO WRITE A LETTER AND JUST WAIT FOR IT
and then on that basis can straight away apply for the citizenship.
UKBA have told me on phone that you cannott get this letter via an appointment
just wait for it

ob40

Re: Letter for back dated indefinite leave

Post by ob40 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:45 pm

Hi,

The following Home Office page (or links from it) may answer your questions (http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... review-09/)

I think they may be right. You have to apply for your refund of the extension fee also.

Regards

ob40
apache wrote:I apologise if i have come to the wrong place, but i need some advice please
Completed 5 years and got ILR
but according to judicial review would have been eligible for ILR IN JAN 2008 and jan 2009 eligible for nationality
THEY HAVE TOLD ME TO WRITE A LETTER AND JUST WAIT FOR IT
and then on that basis can straight away apply for the citizenship.
UKBA have told me on phone that you cannott get this letter via an appointment
just wait for it

apache
Newly Registered

Post by apache » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:40 am

Thank you, what they say is write to them for a letter for back dated ILR. Has any body had the experience of getting the interview and getting the letter

willnotbackHSMP

Post by willnotbackHSMP » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:12 am

apache wrote:Thank you, what they say is write to them for a letter for back dated ILR. Has any body had the experience of getting the interview and getting the letter
Link : http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=3400

apache
Newly Registered

Post by apache » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:57 pm

Thank you the link is useful there is even a sample of letter over there. Its this letter that i am looking for

dk79
Newly Registered

Post by dk79 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:38 pm

Hi,

Glad to see many people have received the ILR after JR implementation. I am one of the guys who fall under 1+3+3. I have completed 4 years few months ago. And I am planning to schedule an appointment for in-person ILR (JR) at Birmingham PEO next week. I have couple of queries regarding that and if someone can clarify it would be great.

1. What is the general waiting time to get an appointment in Birmingham PEO? Do guys recommend Birmingham PEO over Croydon PEO?

2. I have a total of 100 days absence in the last 4 years spread over 10 trips away from the country and I used IRIS most of the time while coming back to UK and so fewer stampings in my passport. Does this pose a problem? Someone has asked this question before, but I just wanted to know if anyone has received ILR who have used IRIS during the settlement period?

Thanks,
dk79

kiwi_in_the_uk

Post by kiwi_in_the_uk » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:18 pm

DK79 -

Re appointments - you will be lucky to get an appointment anywhere. They can't be booked further than 6 weeks in advance, and every morning at 9am there's a scuffle as everyone calls, trying to get an appointment. If you are offered one, take it. There are quite a few threads on this.

Re IRIS - I have also been asking questions about this, as I am in exactly the same situation (though have now decided to submit by post, partly for this very reason).

There are a couple of threads where people have said that the PEO has either checked whether your LAST trip has a physical entry stamp, or that ALL trips have been checked for this. So clearly practice varies. There is also a thread where friends of the poster obtained ILR even though they were on IRIS. I would also think that if it was a problem, there'd be threads about - but despite scouring the internet via google, I can't really find anything about it. So there's conflicting opinion.

In an effort to resolve it, I called the Home Office to see if the PEOs have access to the IRIS system (to allow them to verify absences on the spot). The person I spoke to didn't know, escalated the issue, and ended up advising me to do it via post to allow the caseworker time to check, as she couldn't guarantee that the PEO could access the IRIS system on the spot. You would think they would know what their own systems do!

I also emailed the following question to the Home Office:
I joined the IRIS scheme a couple of years ago, and therefore do not have stamps in my passport to record each time I returned to the UK. Instead, the automated IRIS barriers let me through. Can you please let me know if this will be a problem for my PEO appointment. I am assuming not, since the IRIS scheme will have made a record of each return, making stamps unnecessary. However, I would be grateful for confirmation of this.
and received this response just yesterday:
You are advised to inform the case worker at the PEO appointment about your travelling abroad during the scheme and bring any documentary evidences to prove this

All in all I didn't feel particularly reassured, so went for the postal route.

Hope this helps, and good luck with whatever you decide.

dk79
Newly Registered

Post by dk79 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:44 am

Thanks Mr Kiwi. But won't that take long time. So far I did all my extensions through post. But I have been hearing stories that postal FLR application takes months. Hence I've been thinking about in-person application.

1. I am planning to have several copies of the filled and blank FLR form.
2. Have different modes of payment ready with the corresponding copies of first page (credit card, debit card and cash)
3. Have all the P60s, 12 months payslips, 12 months savings account, 12 months current account statements ready and a letter from employer.
4. Council tax, electoral registration, IRIS registration documents, old and new passports.
5. Have several sets of photographs ready for me and my wife.
6. Print-outs of JR judgement and implementation, set(o) guidelines.

Are there any general precautionary measures to take care with the application before going for in-person appointment?

Thanks a lot.
dk79

apache
Newly Registered

Post by apache » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:40 pm

it has taken me aboui 14 weeks after submitting my postal application

dk79
Newly Registered

Post by dk79 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:49 am

People,

I couldn't get an appointment for in-person ILR. HO says all the slots in all the PEOs are full. Please tell me if there are any tricks in timing the call for appointment.

Thanks,
dk79

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:30 am

dk79 wrote:People,

I couldn't get an appointment for in-person ILR. HO says all the slots in all the PEOs are full. Please tell me if there are any tricks in timing the call for appointment.

Thanks,
dk79
... start calling from 8:58am Monday-Friday and be consistent with the call. You might get lucky one day soon.

dk79
Newly Registered

Post by dk79 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:53 am

Okay. After several cross references, I figured out that the postal ILR waiting time is 70% of the applications are decided in 4 weeks and 90% within 14 weeks. It is not 6 months for all the applications. I got this info from HO personnels, four different people have confirmed this.

That said, I am still trying to get in-person appointment :) No luck today.

willnotbackHSMP

Post by willnotbackHSMP » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:04 pm

dk79 wrote:Okay. After several cross references, I figured out that the postal ILR waiting time is 70% of the applications are decided in 4 weeks and 90% within 14 weeks. It is not 6 months for all the applications. I got this info from HO personnels, four different people have confirmed this.

That said, I am still trying to get in-person appointment :) No luck today.
70% + 90% = 160 % ??? ( more than 100%)..confusing ..

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:16 pm

willnotbackhsmp wrote:
dk79 wrote:
Okay. After several cross references, I figured out that the postal ILR waiting time is 70% of the applications are decided in 4 weeks and 90% within 14 weeks. It is not 6 months for all the applications. I got this info from HO personnels, four different people have confirmed this.

That said, I am still trying to get in-person appointment Smile No luck today.

70% + 90% = 160 % ??? ( more than 100%)..confusing ..
What this means is:

In 4 weeks 70% of the applications are expected to be completed and by the 14th Week 90% are expected to have been completed. I hope this is clear?

ob40

Post by ob40 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:02 am

Hi,

Any more experiences on ILR based on HSMP JR ? It will be very helpful to share these for ones who will be applying shortly.

Best Wishes

ob40