ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Info for a new member

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mobig

Info for a new member

Post by Mobig » Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:36 pm

Hei All,
I need some suggestions from the seniors!!
a)I got Masters degree in 1995 from my country but have a certificate from Oslo International University, Norway
b)At the moment having more than 10 years exp including 3 years senior level (If an Editor of an International mag falls in this category).
c)Income level more than Lbs 7500/year (from business and property)
d)Having spouse with Masters degree but she is doing Phd and could not go with me for atleast within next 2 years.
is there anybody who will guide me where and how i may apply??
Best rgrds
Mobig

Mobig

Re: Info for a new person

Post by Mobig » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:07 pm

Unfortunately nobody could bother to drop even a line regarding to my first post. So I have to search and read entire board in 24 long hours. I am still unable to fully clarify myself. But, some usefull info i could get (for the persons above 28 years of age) are:
1) A Masters degree in Pakistan is generally equal to Graduate level degree in UK, so anybody having masters degree from Pakistan can claim 15 points under HSMP.
2) 5-10 years work experience including more than 2 years senior level means 35 points.(Senior level means top level positions i.e:GM, Director etc)
3) If a Pakistani (as Pakistan falls in category D) earning Rs:800000/= (Eight lac per year and about Rs:66000 per month) can get 25 points.
4) If a person married with Masters level educated partner he/she can get 10 extra points. This will only be applicable if spouse is also eager to accompanied and they were married 2 or more years before applying.
5) If a person has written a book recognised at national level he/she can get 15 extra points under significant achievement.
NB:- Extra income, education or any other ability may not produce points but it can strengthen your application.
Any other queries well come in general.
Mobig

Dip

Post by Dip » Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:12 pm

Mobig,

Only a person who has answers will respond to your queries. In your case I suggest you read

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/filest ... eaflet.pdf

Then ask us your queries.

Regards
Dip

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:03 pm

As Dip has pointed out reading the HSMP guidance leaflet will provide most if not all the information you require. Further note that posters on this board unless it is expressly stated are volunteers and not workpermit.com staff - consequently your query may take some time to get a response and getting angry doesn't help. As an initial pointer to your queries:

1. Correct i.e. 15 points.

2. Correct - however you must document such experience with letters from your employer clarifying your duties, responsibilities and achievements. Letters merely quoting your job title and length of service are not in themselves evidence of your reponsibilities. Where you have been self employed then contracts with your clients to the same detail would be required.

3. You need to convert the PKR figure to GBP - working on a rough exchange rate of 1GBP=103.281PKR today 15th March 2004 then this equates to GBP 7,745.89. Your income must be greater than GBP 7,500 p/a to socre 25 points in income band 1 for cat D income countries so you make it. You may wish to use a rolling monthly exchange rate or an annual weighted exchange rate to convert your PKR income to GBP.

4. Correct. Your partner is expected to accompany or later join you in the UK if you got additional points through them. This would typically be verified at HSMP renewal stage. Yes you would have had to be together for two years as this is the required period in which substantiating documents must cover.

5. Correct - if you can prove such.

6. Extra income may give you more points if it pushes you to band 2 or 3 of the relevant income category. It also means that you are more able to support and accomodate yourself and any dependents without recourse to public funds.

7. The most important thing to remember is that you must substantiate everything you claim in the application. Not doing such will lead to refusal or delays while the HSMP Team requests you for further documentation.

Good luck

Mobig

Re; Info for a new member

Post by Mobig » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:22 am

Thanx Dip,
the link you reffered is worthy for me. And
Kayalami..... I am really obliged by your reply. It was a very natural response from me which you noted. Any how I may proceed easily now.
Mobig

Mobig

AQddress where to apply????

Post by Mobig » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:44 am

Hei Dip
Will u or any body else bother to write me the address where i have to send my HSMP application from Pakistan.
Mobig

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:10 am

If you read the HSMP guidance leaflet as you have been advised on several occassions you will note the address for all first time HSMP applicants is:

Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP)
Home Office IND
Heavens Walk
Doncaster Carr
Doncaster
DN4 5HZ
United Kingdom

Mobig

Looking for your kindness again

Post by Mobig » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:44 am

Dear Kayalami,
I need to ask that .....
"May i submit my application by hand to HSMP office in UK or i must send it by post from my home country Pakistan?"
Mobi

aromated

Post by aromated » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:47 pm

Hi Mobig
Though ur query is from K but I think u should send it by post.

Regards

Boom05

Post by Boom05 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:13 pm

Send by post buddy, as you are an out of country application. Cheers
Its easy to follow the crowd, it takes courage to stand alone !

Mobig

Need attention from any Senior or Experience member

Post by Mobig » Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:03 pm

How i can justify my job and Business together?
I have been working as Resident Editor of an International Magazine. Besides i am the Director of a Travel Agency. My combine earnings (As per tax returns+Bank Statements) are above lbs8000/annum.
What papers i should attach with my HSMP application to prove my Senior level work experience and earnings as well.