ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Market recovery.

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

UK_Boy_Rahul
Newly Registered

Market recovery.

Post by UK_Boy_Rahul » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:22 pm

Hello Guys,
Juts out of curiosity... When do u think the currant UK market will recover..??.. I would appreciate if the answer supported with valid reasons...

So what do u think?? :)

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:47 pm

Not an easy question to answer Rahul. There are so many things to consider.
Keeping it real simple, the market seems to be picking up. But then some people will say its the same because they have been trying a lot with no success.

Your field of expertise, quality experience, expectations, command over English, ability to sell yourself and other stuff matters when you go job hunting.

It's a vague answer but that would be as neutral as it gets. You can ask guys working in your field of work for a specific idea of the current condition.

Regards
KP

gujalls

Post by gujalls » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:41 am

I heard that U.K. is the worst hit nation in this downtime.
Also it has recorded that for past 24 yrs, it was not in this state.

No jobs, lot of recession, so many people getting the government allowance for being jobless.

Its all about Luck and Skill to survive the famine.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:03 am

Gujalls,

You make it sound like we are fighting for our lives in the UK!

Please remember that such statistics are meant for the entire population and not for highly skilled workers, so dont read too much into those figures. Even during the normal economic times, people used to have only temporary work and daily rate jobs which are not easy to find during the recession. As a result, all such workers, depend on the state benefits.

How many skilled workers go to France, Spain, Italy, Germany etc? Compared to them, UK attracts the most immigrant population and no wonder it will be the worst affected. Bigger the economy, higher the impact!!!

All of us working out here find no difference between now and 2 years back. Our jobs are good, life's great and comfy and UK is a nice place to live compared to so many others.

Cheers
KP

gujalls

Post by gujalls » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:57 am

Kenfrapin,

I agree that the stats are for complete U.K. population excluding those who have migrated to U.K. If we include them then the calculation goes higher. I am not saying anything bad, I just shared what I heard.
UK attracts the most immigrant population and no wonder it will be the worst affected.
I am trying to say the above point only. U.K. the worst affected. Also I hear news about some political issues, many resigning etc. Seeing all these figures and news I don't believe that U.K. will not get better in coming months. I am waiting for good times to come back.

People who have already settled and lived in U.K. will not find any troubles. Hard times are only for those who will be new to U.K. :cry:

No offenses.

Cool
Guj 8)