ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got letter from INIS for LTR today

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sovtek

Got letter from INIS for LTR today

Post by sovtek » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:16 pm

After 26 1/2 months waiting and supplying documents (but not Police Certs) almost three months ago I have received my response from INIS for my LTR application.

I was refused because I have "come to the attention of An Gardia Siochana" and something about the MoJ cannot be sure I am of good character.
Last edited by sovtek on Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tom4

Re: Got letter from INIS for LTR today

Post by tom4 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:21 pm

sovtek wrote:After 26 1/2 months waiting and supplying documents almost three months ago I have received my response from INIS for my LTR application.

I was refused because I have "come to the attention of An Gardia Siochana" and something about the MoJ cannot be sure I am of good character.
Sorry to hear that... I guess it doesn't look good for your naturalisation either in that case? :cry:

sovtek

Post by sovtek » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:27 pm

tom4 wrote:
sovtek wrote:After 26 1/2 months waiting and supplying documents almost three months ago I have received my response from INIS for my LTR application.

Sorry to hear that... I guess it doesn't look good for your naturalisation either in that case? :cry:
Thanks
Not really...not now anyway.
I aint goin anywhere though!

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:54 pm

sovtek wrote:I was refused because I have "come to the attention of An Gardia Siochana"
:shock: What did you do?
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:05 pm

sovtek wrote:After 26 1/2 months waiting and supplying documents (but not Police Certs) almost three months ago I have received my response from INIS for my LTR application.

I am sure it is not the end of the world. You can reapply again, and provide them evidence you are of good character. They can't hold it against you forever. You have to try and avoid even a traffic fine, and secure a job or embark on a course if possible.

You can them reapply and provide evidence you are a reformed character as they put it, and are unlikely to re-offend.

People are capable of changing however that seems impossible in the INIS sight ,in light of the recession.

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:25 pm

Hi can I ask what did you do?

I have 2 penalty points for beating redlight
and 2 more maybe for speeding

im afraid they might just find anything to refuse anyone now because of economic climate?

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:32 pm

Sorry to hear that. Would like to know what you did. Why did they not state exactly what you did in the letter?

sovtek

Post by sovtek » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:49 pm

9jeirean wrote:Sorry to hear that. Would like to know what you did. Why did they not state exactly what you did in the letter?
They did state the reason but I'd rather not say at the moment. I don't think a few penalty points here and there matters.

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:56 pm

alright sorry about that
I will be absolutely gutted if that happened to me. just paranoid
anyway life goes on... we are still alive and kicking anyway

laws in Ireland seems to change like a blink of an eye.

getting refused LTR is not the end of the world

sovtek

Post by sovtek » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:26 am

Obie wrote:
sovtek wrote:
You can them reapply and provide evidence you are a reformed character as they put it, and are unlikely to re-offend.

People are capable of changing however that seems impossible in the INIS sight ,in light of the recession.
Basically I was advised to appeal it which I am going to do. Its pretty much the reason they are refusing people...not because of character but the government see just about everyone as potential "dole scroungers" and want to get rid of every foreignor they possibly can.
I saw a stat that Ireland rejects %47 percent of citizenship applications and takes the longest to do it. Thats compared to UK which is at %9 and Canada isn't far off that. That tells you their motivations right there!

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:31 am

sovtek wrote:the government see just about everyone as potential "dole scroungers"
But the government should remember that you don't have to be an Irish citizen to be entitled to social welfare benefits.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:01 am

sovtek wrote:
Obie wrote:
sovtek wrote:

Basically I was advised to appeal it which I am going to do. Its pretty much the reason they are refusing people...not because of character but the government see just about everyone as potential "dole scroungers" and want to get rid of every foreignor they possibly can.
I saw a stat that Ireland rejects %47 percent of citizenship applications and takes the longest to do it. Thats compared to UK which is at %9 and Canada isn't far off that. That tells you their motivations right there!
Hi Sovtek - Im sorry I dont mean to pry and sorry also that youre LTR wasnt approved, very frustrating for you im sure, but in youre initial post you stated that you had come to the attention of the garda, but now you are saying that the reason they refused you is a financial one. I dont think that potential "dole scroungers" are brought to the attention of the guards.
I agree with you that the govt is cautious about granting people citizenship who have precarious financial situations but as I stated that doesnt mean those people are known to the gaurds.
Could you please clarify?

sovtek

Post by sovtek » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:41 am

benifa wrote:
sovtek wrote:the government see just about everyone as potential "dole scroungers"
But the government should remember that you don't have to be an Irish citizen to be entitled to social welfare benefits.
I agree. They should also be told, quite harshly, that someone that pays PRSI for years is never a "burden on the State". I want to know how many years Brian Lenihan or Dermot Ahern paid into PRSI before they started drawing a public sector salary. I could equally say that they are a "burden on the State".

sovtek

Post by sovtek » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:42 am

jhbmike wrote:

Hi Sovtek - Im sorry I dont mean to pry and sorry also that youre LTR wasnt approved, very frustrating for you im sure, but in youre initial post you stated that you had come to the attention of the garda, but now you are saying that the reason they refused you is a financial one. I dont think that potential "dole scroungers" are brought to the attention of the guards.
I agree with you that the govt is cautious about granting people citizenship who have precarious financial situations but as I stated that doesnt mean those people are known to the gaurds.
Could you please clarify?

I was refused solely because I had "come to the adverse attention of An Garda Siochana".
I've never collected the "dole" so they could not hold that against me.