ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student extension - Post if waiting for more than 14 weeks

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

coolblack01
Newly Registered

Student extension - Post if waiting for more than 14 weeks

Post by coolblack01 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:38 pm

My friend has been waiting as well for over 4 months now, he applied in Country for extension in Feb and is still waiting, biometric's done in march, its really crazy!!

why are they taking soo long at HO, anyone?? is it caus they are too busy with back log of applications or isit caus they are doing further checks on certain cases.......... its been 17weeks since the submission of application and 12.5weeks since the biometrics. and do most of people get their papers back within this time frame of 14 weeks or it can take longer than that and also has anyone got positive outcome after waiting for 14weeks or more ??

Any suggestions from seniors and members will help!!

Also if anyone else have been waiting for more than 14weeks please post here

Thanks
Shaun
Last edited by coolblack01 on Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pandora2017
Newly Registered

Re: Student Visa extension: why its taking soo long??

Post by pandora2017 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:03 am

coolblack01 wrote:My friend has been waiting as well for over 4 months now, he applied in Country for extension in Feb and is still waiting, biometric's done in march, its really crazy!!

why are they taking soo long at HO, anyone?? is it caus they are too busy with back log of applications or isit caus they are doing further checks on certain cases.......... its been 17weeks since the submission of application and 12.5weeks since the biometrics. and do most of people get their papers back within this time frame of 14 weeks or it can take longer than that and also has anyone got positive outcome after waiting for 14weeks or more ??

Thanks
Shaun
hi! i also applied for extension of student visa. I did it in september 2008 and still haven't got my visa and passport back! i've been waiting for 9 months!!! it's horrible... everytime i call the home office, they say my application is "still under consideration" and they advise me to wait. i'm scared that they might have lost my passport and i don't know what else to do. i would be happy if someone can give suggestions too! many thanks in advance!

coolblack01
Newly Registered

Post by coolblack01 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:09 am

Thanks for the reply pandora, really sad to hear that they have returend ur passport even after 9 months of wait that is really scary stuff, surely u can complain on that basis, if u dnt mind.... could u plz tell me wht nationalty are you and did u apply thru uni or college?? seems to be the case that they are taking much longer for the cases who applied thru college than uni's.

Thanks

pandora2017 wrote:
coolblack01 wrote:My friend has been waiting as well for over 4 months now, he applied in Country for extension in Feb and is still waiting, biometric's done in march, its really crazy!!

Thanks
Shaun
hi! i also applied for extension of student visa. I did it in september 2008 and still haven't got my visa and passport back! i've been waiting for 9 months!!! it's horrible... everytime i call the home office, they say my application is "still under consideration" and they advise me to wait. i'm scared that they might have lost my passport and i don't know what else to do. i would be happy if someone can give suggestions too! many thanks in advance!

pandora2017
Newly Registered

Post by pandora2017 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:49 am

coolblack01 wrote:Thanks for the reply pandora, really sad to hear that they have returend ur passport even after 9 months of wait that is really scary stuff, surely u can complain on that basis, if u dnt mind.... could u plz tell me wht nationalty are you and did u apply thru uni or college?? seems to be the case that they are taking much longer for the cases who applied thru college than uni's.

Thanks
i'm Turkish and i applied for a university not a college, so it is not the case i suppose :shock: is home office considering the applications according to nationalities? :shock: where is your friend from?

coolblack01
Newly Registered

Post by coolblack01 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:57 am

No, i dnt they they are considering according to nationalities just asked caus was curious he is from ukraine by the way. so, i dnt understand where is the problem with ur case have applied from a good uni and over 9 months gao, i wonder wht are they doing. have u called them recently and asked them if ur passport is still with them or they have lost it?

Seniors meme#bers any suggestions why its taking sooo long for HO to reply. any help is apreciated.

thanks

pandora2017 wrote:
coolblack01 wrote:Thanks for the reply pandora, really sad to hear that they have returend ur passport even after 9 months of wait that is really scary stuff, surely u can complain on that basis, if u dnt mind.... could u plz tell me wht nationalty are you and did u apply thru uni or college?? seems to be the case that they are taking much longer for the cases who applied thru college than uni's.

Thanks
i'm Turkish and i applied for a university not a college, so it is not the case i suppose :shock: is home office considering the applications according to nationalities? :shock: where is your friend from?

asmi10

Post by asmi10 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:46 pm

hi
even i have been waiting for 13 weeks now from the date of biomatric.i gave it on 2nd april and had applied for student visa in feb 2009.
when i call i get the same reply under consideration.now my passport and visa have both expired .........im very nervous now.

coolblack01
Newly Registered

Post by coolblack01 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:05 pm

Guys anyone else who have been waiting for more than 3 months or 14weeks please post here............

Regards

Shaun

asmi10 wrote:hi
even i have been waiting for 13 weeks now from the date of biomatric.i gave it on 2nd april and had applied for student visa in feb 2009.
when i call i get the same reply under consideration.now my passport and visa have both expired .........im very nervous now.

asmi10

Post by asmi10 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:38 am

HI,COOLBLACK01
HAS UR FRIEND GOT ANY REPLY FROM HO?.I WILL FINISH THE FORTEEN WEEK DEAD LINE ON 10TH JULY.I WILL CALL HOME OFFICE ON THE COMMIN MONDAY AFTER THAT.............WHAT IS UR FRIEND PLANNIN TO DO?DO KEEP ME UPDATED PLZ

lugawa
Newly Registered

Post by lugawa » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:17 am

I have been waited for 5 months more. This morning I called HO, they said "still under consideration"....... I just can't understand what are they waiting for......

I already got my unconditional offer and visa letter for my master, I want to study at the end of Sep.

Could anyone tell me, if i can't get any news of my visa before the course start, i can still study my master here?

coolblack01
Newly Registered

Post by coolblack01 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:23 pm

No tothing as yet, he called today as well and same answer "still under consideration"
asmi10 wrote:HI,COOLBLACK01
HAS UR FRIEND GOT ANY REPLY FROM HO?.I WILL FINISH THE FORTEEN WEEK DEAD LINE ON 10TH JULY.I WILL CALL HOME OFFICE ON THE COMMIN MONDAY AFTER THAT.............WHAT IS UR FRIEND PLANNIN TO DO?DO KEEP ME UPDATED PLZ

coolblack01
Newly Registered

Post by coolblack01 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:25 pm

could you please post bit more details about ur case like when did u submit the applicatio0n and when did u give ur biometrics.

Thanks
shaun
lugawa wrote:I have been waited for 5 months more. This morning I called HO, they said "still under consideration"....... I just can't understand what are they waiting for......

I already got my unconditional offer and visa letter for my master, I want to study at the end of Sep.

Could anyone tell me, if i can't get any news of my visa before the course start, i can still study my master here?

hamid84
Member of Standing

Post by hamid84 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:24 pm

My wife applied for student extension in Jan, Bio matric were done in April..

She phoned HO to get update but they refused to talk saying You must wait for 14 weeks after biomatric. If you do not hear by that time, then call us once 14 weeks time is over.

I am also very much upset as it's been over 7 months.

Some people have been waiting for over a year...Btw, new visas are being issued on ID cards i believe or getting ID card is itself a Visa.
Arrived UK in Dec 2000, Received ILR Oct 2008, Citizenship Approved March 2016.

asmi10

Post by asmi10 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:47 pm

HI,
TODAY I CALLED THE HO AFTER THE OFFICAL 14 WEEKS DEADLINE AND I WAS TOLD UNDER CONSIDERATION AND NO OTHER INFORMATION WAS GIVEN.WHEN I ASKED WHAT IF MY EMOPLOYER OR COLLEGE ASK ALL I WAS TOLD WAS TELL THEM TO WAIT.SO EVEN AFTER 14 WEEKS U STILL GET THE SAME REPLY UNDER CONSIDERATION

solma
Newly Registered

visa delay

Post by solma » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:18 am

hi everyone! it seems that there are lots of people out there whose passports are stuck in the HO. I am one of them, I applied for extension on march and did biometric in April, I heard nothing from HO since. Can some one tell me how to contact the HO?, the number i tried didn't work for me (0870 606 7766) all i get is a recorded message.
If there is another number, please let me know.
Thanks

asmi10

Post by asmi10 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:09 pm

its the same number.u have to keep on waiting as the call always goes on hold.

hamid84
Member of Standing

Post by hamid84 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:26 pm

My assumption is that people who applied before 31/March under old rule are being delayed.

My friend applied for student extension and got everything with in 1 month.

Another applied for PSW and got everything with in 15 days. :roll:

Rubablu

Post by Rubablu » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:24 pm

My wife applied for extension as student at end of FEB 09 biomectric done on April but no news.14 weeks over after biomatric and 5 months after apply.We dont know what to do

If any suggesion let me know

thanks
hamid84 wrote:My wife applied for student extension in Jan, Bio matric were done in April..

She phoned HO to get update but they refused to talk saying You must wait for 14 weeks after biomatric. If you do not hear by that time, then call us once 14 weeks time is over.

I am also very much upset as it's been over 7 months.

Some people have been waiting for over a year...Btw, new visas are being issued on ID cards i believe or getting ID card is itself a Visa.

hamid84
Member of Standing

Post by hamid84 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:10 pm

14 Weeks are over now and wife phoned HO yesterday and was told her case has not been decided yet.

That's all

moiz04
Newly Registered

STUDENT EXTENSION

Post by moiz04 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:42 pm

dont worry same here i applied for extension in fist week of march thn had my biometrics done in end of May now its been passed abt 10 weeks but no reply. i phoned twice but got the same reply wait until 14 weeks r over, ur case is under consideration. this is for asim10 dont let HO know tht u have changed ur college unless there is one month left to ur now studies otherwise they ll ask u to go back to ur home country and apply frm there, so its better to wait one more month as like u my classes gonna strt from 21st of sep 09 in uni.

moiz04
Newly Registered

Post by moiz04 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:48 pm

hamid 84 how cum u got ILR after plz let me know as i m here from april 2001 on student visa . v appy for u congrats man!

coolblack01
Newly Registered

Re: STUDENT EXTENSION

Post by coolblack01 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:27 am

moiz04 wrote:dont worry same here i applied for extension in fist week of march thn had my biometrics done in end of May now its been passed abt 10 weeks but no reply. i phoned twice but got the same reply wait until 14 weeks r over, ur case is under consideration. this is for asim10 dont let HO know tht u have changed ur college unless there is one month left to ur now studies otherwise they ll ask u to go back to ur home country and apply frm there, so its better to wait one more month as like u my classes gonna strt from 21st of sep 09 in uni.

Moiz04,

Dnt go around posting wrong information if you arent sure, HO will n ot accept the enrolment in the new college if there is more than 1month for your course to start, if u have applied under tier4 but if you have applied under old rules the time allowed was 4months and you could enrol in a new course and apply for extension if it was less than 4months away. but its only applicable to the people who applied before 31/03 this year for extension.

Hope this helps

moiz04
Newly Registered

Re: STUDENT EXTENSION

Post by moiz04 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:54 pm

coolblack01 wrote:
moiz04 wrote:dont worry same here i applied for extension in fist week of march thn had my biometrics done in end of May now its been passed abt 10 weeks but no reply. i phoned twice but got the same reply wait until 14 weeks r over, ur case is under consideration. this is for asim10 dont let HO know tht u have changed ur college unless there is one month left to ur now studies otherwise they ll ask u to go back to ur home country and apply frm there, so its better to wait one more month as like u my classes gonna strt from 21st of sep 09 in uni.

Moiz04,

Dnt go around posting wrong information if you arent sure, HO will n ot accept the enrolment in the new college if there is more than 1month for your course to start, if u have applied under tier4 but if you have applied under old rules the time allowed was 4months and you could enrol in a new course and apply for extension if it was less than 4months away. but its only applicable to the people who applied before 31/03 this year for ext

coolblack01,
i didnt mention old and new rules but i wanted to say same thing except '4 month's thing 'coz i m not sure abt tht. otherwize i am in the same situation and will let HO know in end of august as my new course gonna strt in sep09. and for ur kind information i didnt post any thing which i m not sure abt. just read the message again :)

swaroop36a
Newly Registered

Post by swaroop36a » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:40 am

beat this

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=265401

still under consideration.

angel7
Newly Registered

Me too

Post by angel7 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:29 pm

I am also waiting since begining of march 09, did my biometrics last week of april. But my friend who appled begining of jan did her biometrics in last week of feb got hers in 3 weeks tim with a ID.
I do not see any rationale to make such a delay. Because if they were new to ID my friend already had her ID. Can there be so much of aplicants just before new rule aplies. Even though isnot this time is more than enough.
Is there any other authority where we can make a complaint. Minister :roll: :roll:
How long we can wait for. I missed my sister's wedding. now gona go for dad's operation in september. I promised to treat him after the operation.

This is crassy, horrible, unfaire, HO treat us cinsidering as some animals not human beings.

asmi10

Post by asmi10 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:58 pm

DID ANY1 GET ANY REPLY............MY APPLICATION IS WAY OVER 20 WEEKS NOW..........WITH HO..