ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What's Job Scene for LoadRunner Performance Testing in UK??

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

himanshu_singh0606
Newly Registered

What's Job Scene for LoadRunner Performance Testing in UK??

Post by himanshu_singh0606 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:15 am

Hi Folks,

I have a question to the guys involved in performance testing. I have 5 years IT experience that includes 3yrs+ experience in performance testing (LoadRunner). Also a HP LoadRunner certified professional, Performance Center 9.0 (AIS and ASE, earlier known as CPS/CPC).

My questions:
1.) Niche skill like Performance testing, is it also as badly affected by recession as other IT skills like mainframe etc?
2.) How is the current market for performance testing opportunities? Is it the same case, very few jobs but many applications?

I am currently in India and want to move to UK, but by look of things I have been postponing my plan for almost a year.

It would be helpful if guys who are into performance testing share their view please.

Thanks

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:34 am

Hi Himanshu,

Not sure how much this helps but a lot of testing in IT Telecoms are outsourced. Quality Analysts etc, as you know, for projects are decided for and normally outsourced to Indian IT vendors. This is purely from what I have seen in the Telecom space, so not sure of other areas like Product or Web interface testing etc
I guess someone with expertise in the Testing domain can provided a much better answer to your query. I do know that relevant certifications coupled with experience counts a lot in the UK
Recession wise, everything is affected. If companies are cutting back on investments into project implementations, then all associated jobs like development, testing, proj management, architects, analysts etc are equally affected and so is the case at the moment.

Cheers
KP

himanshu_singh0606
Newly Registered

Post by himanshu_singh0606 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:36 am

Thanks Kenfrapin for your reply :-)

Yes i think you are right and a lot of emphasize is given by the companies to outsource testing work.

But few areas of testing like automation (particularly performance testing, LoadRunner) is considered a niche area.

So was wondering, if there are some openings in UK for performance testing profile.

Perhaps guys who are in performance testing (in UK) would have an answer to my query.

Regards

mohmedarif
Newly Registered

Re: What's Job Scene for LoadRunner Performance Testing in U

Post by mohmedarif » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:12 pm

himanshu_singh0606 wrote:Hi Folks,

I have a question to the guys involved in performance testing. I have 5 years IT experience that includes 3yrs+ experience in performance testing (LoadRunner). Also a HP LoadRunner certified professional, Performance Center 9.0 (AIS and ASE, earlier known as CPS/CPC).

My questions:
1.) Niche skill like Performance testing, is it also as badly affected by recession as other IT skills like mainframe etc?
2.) How is the current market for performance testing opportunities? Is it the same case, very few jobs but many applications?

I am currently in India and want to move to UK, but by look of things I have been postponing my plan for almost a year.

It would be helpful if guys who are into performance testing share their view please.

Thanks

Hi himanshu,

All It depends upon how much you are affordable to take the risk.

As every one knows that the market is not good . so i would suggest you to keep watching and then jump to conclusion.

i am a performance analyst with 5 Years of exp with ASE & rite now in uk but it is quite tough to find the job for performance testing skills .

In the past 3 months i have to struggle a lot .

so plan accordingly and jump into conclusion.

Cheers,
abdullah_k0

himanshu_singh0606
Newly Registered

Re: What's Job Scene for LoadRunner Performance Testing in U

Post by himanshu_singh0606 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:56 am

Hi Abdullah,

Thanks for the reply.

I have got answer to my question, as you said jobs even in skills like perfomance testing are few with many applicants.

All this realistic views and posts makes us aware of the ground realisties. Indeed forum like these and active members makes it a great place for sharing.

Personally, for me it's too much of a risk to come to UK, the odds are quite not in the favour.

Abdullah, hope you have got a job now. Could you please tell me how much did you wait like how many interviews?

Thanks