ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Job Search Services

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cooolz

Overseas Job Search Services

Post by cooolz » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:02 am

Hi all,

There are few consultants which provide Overseas Job Search Services like :-
1. Job Application Service
i.e. sending resume to directories of employers, and placement agencies
2. Job Search
3. Job Liaison Service
4. Post Landing Services

Has anyone opted for such paid services? Will it really help me in getting a job in UK from India in current market scenario ?
I have T1 and experience of seven years in telecom application development and maintenance.

sachin_4646

Post by sachin_4646 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:32 pm

The market is tough at the moment. It's quite difficult to land a job while you r in India. It's because the employers want to see you in persona for interviews. So, I would recommend you not to spend money on the job placement services, as most likely you will be duped of your money.

ExpatAms
Newly Registered

Post by ExpatAms » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:36 pm

It's a minefield doing anything across borders like that, whether it's renting a house, buying goods or paying for any kind of service. You need to find people who've made similar moves and use the services they recommend.

You need to visit a specifically overseas or expat-orientated job site, get a firm and highly paid job offer and make sure you've checked out the company online and been in regular contact with them via Skype, Facetime or similar. Try somewhere like http://www.expathiring.com or http://www.totalanguagejobs.com.

Also check the UK immigration site, I'm sure they'll have a section on any outsourcing vacancies that need filling.

All the best,
Ams.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:02 am

ExpatAms wrote:It's a minefield doing anything across borders like that, whether it's renting a house, buying goods or paying for any kind of service. You need to find people who've made similar moves and use the services they recommend.
Ams.
That's sound advice. Find people who have the same job you want and ask how they got it. That's what my friends do, they ask me for my insight because I moved from abroad to the UK. NOW anyone who know my friends who want to do the same, asks me and I tell them what I used and what I know. That's why I finally now do job placement and job preparation. I wouldn't try to help place you as your field while related is not the niche area I feel very comfortable helping people in. For other stuff like CV improvement, interviewing skills or setting up a business, thats what I could help you out on.
Anyway, as for the companies, they might be able to help but you have to ask them how they can help you and why they think they can do better than you can. If you haven't a clue where to start, then they might be better than sitting in the dark wondering what to do.

boardUser

Post by boardUser » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:53 pm

HI

I am going to move the UK soon on T1 visa.

Just wanted to know how is the market situation in the UK these days especially in IT?