ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa wife acussing me of rape

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jack5
Newly Registered

Spouse visa wife acussing me of rape

Post by jack5 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:03 am

Hi i wonder if someone can help me

My wife and i separated 5 months ago, she is from originally pakistan, her spouse visa runs out in 4 months and since we separated has been living with her brother.

Our marriage was turbulent, constant arguing, in the end i realised the only reason she married me was to come to uk. we had a big argument the day she left as she demanded i sponsor her mother over on a family visit or she would leave me. i could not beleive this and simply said she should decide her future.

she left and 1 hour later came back with the police, who simply said she wanted to collect her belongings and warned me not to contact her.

i advised police exactly what happened that we only had a row nothing more.

I was in state of shock she had called police over such an issue, but after speaking to a friend was told she had done this as her visa was going to run out and she was most likely going to try applying as victim of domestic violence, my friend also said i was lucky police did not arrest me as that would have strengthened her case. He said she messed up and if he was in her shoes would definately got me arrested, however it was just a row no violence.

i wrote a letter to HO the next day to say we separated and i no longer support any application for ILR or FLR. The HO have acknoledged my letter.

5 months have passed and last week police arrested me as she now is claiming i raped her day she left me and also once before and domestically abused her for last 2 years i am released on bail pending inquiries

i am 100% confident nothing will happen to me regarding these allegations as quite simply i didnt do it.

my question is as the police enquiries could be slow, as they normally are will she be granted ILR or FLR? What will happen if police drop charges or if this goes to court and i'm not guilty does she still get to stay here?

Obie
Ireland

Re: Spouse visa wife acussing me of rape

Post by Obie » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:13 am

jack5 wrote:Hi i wonder if someone can help me

My wife and i separated 5 months ago, she is from originally pakistan, her spouse visa runs out in 4 months and since we separated has been living with her brother.

Our marriage was turbulent, constant arguing, in the end i realised the only reason she married me was to come to uk. we had a big argument the day she left as she demanded i sponsor her mother over on a family visit or she would leave me. i could not beleive this and simply said she should decide her future.

she left and 1 hour later came back with the police, who simply said she wanted to collect her belongings and warned me not to contact her.

i advised police exactly what happened that we only had a row nothing more.

I was in state of shock she had called police over such an issue, but after speaking to a friend was told she had done this as her visa was going to run out and she was most likely going to try applying as victim of domestic violence, my friend also said i was lucky police did not arrest me as that would have strengthened her case. He said she messed up and if he was in her shoes would definately got me arrested, however it was just a row no violence.

i wrote a letter to HO the next day to say we separated and i no longer support any application for ILR or FLR. The HO have acknoledged my letter.

5 months have passed and last week police arrested me as she now is claiming i raped her day she left me and also once before and domestically abused her for last 2 years i am released on bail pending inquiries

i am 100% confident nothing will happen to me regarding these allegations as quite simply i didnt do it.

my question is as the police enquiries could be slow, as they normally are will she be granted ILR or FLR? What will happen if police drop charges or if this goes to court and i'm not guilty does she still get to stay here?
Sorry about your trouble Jack. It is beyond my believe that someone could be so heartless, vindictive and obnoxious.

What will happen should the case go to court, which is unlikely given what you have said is, she will be given limited extension whiles the case is pending.

In the unlikely event that you get convicted, then she will be granted live on compassionate grounds. Unlike in EU law, this is not explicitly stated in British Law, so it would have to be at the discretion of the Home Secretary.

Should you not be found guilty it will be extremely difficult for her to stay it the UK.

Don't bit yourself in regret mate, this is part of life's experience.

Some of us can sometime be unfortunate to fall for these serpents, who appear to be the dream wife on the surface but deep down are venomous Serpent.

Are you a British National or someone on Settlement (ILR) status.
I wish you all the best mate.

jack5
Newly Registered

Post by jack5 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:35 am

thanks Obie for your advice and support>

Yes i'm a british citezen. my life has turned upside down since she made these allegations. i'm off work with stress. i've never been in trouble with the law ever, i have a good career, all this has almost been destroyed.

i beleive in justice and hopefully the police will see her for what she is.

if i had raped her why didn't she tell police the day she left and collected her belongings under their protection? that way there would have been dna evidence. why now? quite simply because it didn't happen.

so this extension she will get, case pending, will that be FLR?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:18 am

jack5 wrote:thanks Obie for your advice and support>

Yes i'm a british citezen. my life has turned upside down since she made these allegations. i'm off work with stress. i've never been in trouble with the law ever, i have a good career, all this has almost been destroyed.

i beleive in justice and hopefully the police will see her for what she is.

if i had raped her why didn't she tell police the day she left and collected her belongings under their protection? that way there would have been dna evidence. why now? quite simply because it didn't happen.

so this extension she will get, case pending, will that be FLR?
Calm down mate, you need not get worked up about these thing and allow it to affect your normal routine. Remember you are the victim in all of this. Don't allow her to reap you off more of your livelihood than she already has. I know it can be a difficult experience.
You should try and stay around trusted friends and relatives during these tough times.

Once they have seen her for what she is, you will probably feel sympathetic for her. You can even consider filing charges against her, then again i don't think she is worth the hassle.

Don't give her the comfort of thinking she has wrecked your life, stay strong and keep your composure.

The leave she would be granted is limited to the police inquiry or court appearances. Once they are over, she would have nothing to stand on. It will be a limited FLR.

The reason why she used this route would probably be that the home office has informed her of your withdrawal of sponsorship letter. As a last ditch act of desperation, she decide to embark on this self-destructive mission.

She is a very stupid woman, and you had a lucky escape, consider this as a blessing mate.

What a calculated person would have done is wait until the 4 months is over if there is no domestic violence involved in the marriage. But as there is no marks or signs of domestic violence involved, that will not stand up.

In water tight cases the rape convictions are really low, never mind these trivial cases.

A very close and trusted friend of mine underwent similar situation, he was made to serve almost 2 years in jail because of this evil woman, who turned her daughter against their father, after she self-harmed herself and called the police. Because of the disgusting nature of the Law the man was convicted without a statement from the wife, and the children were brain-washed into thinking their father is an evil person. They even gave video evidence against their own father. My mate will not even hurt a fly. She took his property and try to make sure she destroys his life for good. Unfortunately she didn't succeed. She even fooled the Home Office into granting her settlement status on that basis. She even went to the extent of bringing another man into my friends bed.

He is back up again with a truly faithful wife, although he was reluctant at first to get into a relationship and vow never to get married again.

Be rest assured it will not affect your career. Not everyone is narrow minded to believe people like those.

Yours is not truly circulating, she will end up with nothing.

jack5
Newly Registered

Post by jack5 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:41 pm

The reason why she used this route would probably be that the home office has informed her of your withdrawal of sponsorship letter. As a last ditch act of desperation, she decide to embark on this self-destructive mission.

How likely is it that the home office has written to her and notified her i contacted them? Also what would they have likely told her in the correspondence?

I thought they wouldn't have told her anything until she applied for ILR or FLR via DV route. does that mean she has already applied and got an answer from HO? I did not think they were that efficient.

Ot do you think she has not applied yet and they just informed her i contacted them?

I'm so confused.

jack5
Newly Registered

Post by jack5 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:43 pm

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject:
Quote:

How likely is it that the home office has written to her and notified her i contacted them? Also what would they have likely told her in the correspondence?

I thought they wouldn't have told her anything until she applied for ILR or FLR via DV route. does that mean she has already applied and got an answer from HO? I did not think they were that efficient.

Ot do you think she has not applied yet and they just informed her i contacted them?

I'm so confused.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:19 pm

jack5 wrote: How likely is it that the home office has written to her and notified her i contacted them? Also what would they have likely told her in the correspondence?

I'm so confused.
Jack the spousal visa was only issued because you sponsored her as your spouse. If she ceases to leave with you as husband and wife, she would be living illegally in the UK. She has absolutely no rights at that time.
You are like her saviour in that respect.

By the way did you manage to get from the police why they accompanied her to you house, and why they said you should not contact her. I suspect she might have started making her phoney allegations since that time.

The Home Office seem pretty efficient with these things. They would have tracked her down, and notified her that you have withdrawn your sponsorship and that she should reconsider her position in the UK. There is a possibility they would have given her time to leave the UK.

You don't have any child together i guess?

There has to be a trigger for her to do what she did. Who ever was and is advising is certainly leading her astray.

The other way she could have avoided deportation is to say you are working on reconciling your relationship, for which she would have needed your support .

Have you tried discussing the matter with her family? or do you not have any contact with them.

Is it just the fact that you didn't help sponsor her family to the UK that she was upset about, or was she not in love with you and only using you.

If there is no prospect of reconciliation, i will suggest you start working on your divorce, on grounds that she abandon her matrimonial home.

That way you will truly be getting her out of your life for good, if that is what you want. And hopefully she won't get her hands on your property.

jack5
Newly Registered

Post by jack5 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:59 pm

We have a son, he's 2 years old, and was born in pakistan, so is not a british national. I had to apply for a visa for him too to live with me in the uk along with his mother.

The ironic thing is when i applied for her visa initially she was refused. The ECO did not beleive she married me with good intentions and blatantly said on the refusal statement that she married me to enter the UK. I had to appeal this verdict and based on my evidence and appearance at the tribunal she the appeal was allowed.

I think she never loved me. The child was born due to her stubborness not to use contraceptive, and since he has been born she along with her family have been using him to blackmail me.

Her brother who also entered the uk on a spouse visa and now has his ILR is the main person who is guiding her.

She also has another brother in Pakistan, unmarried who they are trying to find a british wife for.

The reason she wanted me to sponsor her mother into the country was so that once she got here she would find a bride for her remaining son. Basically they all want to come here.

My wife could have stayed quiet and lived with me until i got her ILR but she let the cat out of the bag when she threatened to leave me if i didnt call her mother over her. This is when i realised she was just using me and did not love me.

If i commence divorce now at the same time these rape allegations have been made would that help her in anyway?

Also as we have a child is that going to help her cause?

I feel sorry for my son as she will use him to get at me.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:32 pm

Hi Jack,

Are you British by Birth or Naturalisation. If your British Citizenship is by birth, then you child is technically British from the day he was born, and shouldn't have applied for a visa. The only thing is you will not be able to apply for him until you are married to his mother.

You would have managed to get rid of her easily, but the question is do you not want to have a part in your child's life? They will not give you sole custody unless she is doing something and living a lifestyle that endangers the child's well being. Do you want your child to go to Pakistan and loose him for good.

They can deport her and leave the child, although the Home office will look into compassionate factor because of the presence of the Child. she would have to choose for the Child to be in the UK. They can deport her and the Child as the child will be Pakistani if you are not British by Birth. I don't know if you will like to see your child being deported.

In these circumstances it is easy to look at the child as a mistake, but i will urge you not to do so. He could be best thing that came out of your relationship , if you handle things cleverly.

I know it is a personal question, but are you 100% confident the child could be yours. If he truly is then consider your steps carefully.

You can try and speak to a custody lawyer, if that is what you want.

It would have been nice if you sported the deception sooner.

I can't believe you went through so much for her and she did this to you. Needless to say you would have been the one to pay her ticket fare as well.

Actually it is a good thing she showed you her true color before her visa expired.

Reconciliation would not be an option if you don't love anymore and she doesn't either.

jack5
Newly Registered

Post by jack5 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:09 pm

I was born in pakistan and came over to uk wen i was 3 with my mother just how my son and wife came over. my father was already a british citizen wen i was born.

I already did alk these enquiries when my son was born and was told by a solicitor i could not pass my british status to my son. Hence applied for his pakistani birth certificate, pakistani passport, and visa as a dependant.

I dont want my son to go back to pakistan, as you can see people would do anything to come here, so why should my son have to go back.

However if for this reason she gets to stay here then my life is over. A woman who is capable of doing wat she has done to me is capable of anything. What u have to understand is that people have been wrongly convicted of rape and sent to prison. This could be my fate

If i think about my son she could talk to me more. She has already sent me several messages after she left saying how she will tell my son bad things about me and then get him to hate me forever. On one text she blatanty has said she will go back to pakistan and change my sons name and bring him back to uk via someone else. on another text she said she will go back and get married again and give my son to her mother to look after.
I have passed all these texts onto the police.

The weirdest thing is 2 weeks before she made the rape allegations against me she sent me texts saying she missed me, loved me, missef having sex with me, and wanted to have sex with me. She also sent me pictures of herself smiling and stating she loved me. All this is with the police. I dont know how she will explain All this while saying i raped her too.

This woman has been blackmailing me so much and now crying rape.

I'm i. Such a bad state. End of the day i can see my son just hating me no matter wat i do, she will just brainwash him.

I know there is no way i will get sole custody, plus i have no intentions of making false allegations against her to get my way.

jack5
Newly Registered

Post by jack5 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:25 pm

Also i dont see my son as a mistake, i love him to bits, i would love to see him, but right now i have to think wat will happen to me.

You know when they got the visa to come to uk, my wife and her family said to me she will not come over to uk unless i buy a house in pakistan next to my inlaws house. They threatened if i dont buy the house i will never see my son again. They used him to get to my money.

At the time i was so desperate for him, i did not care about the money, i sent them £30,000 pounds so they can buy a house. A house that they promised would be half in my name and half in my wifes name.

Thats when she finally came over. Guess what they did buy a house, but my mother inlaw put it in her own name. Its rented out and they get the rent from it.

You know since i married her i went to pakistan 7 times in 3 years.

You know the applications of visas and appeal which i hired a barrister for cost me in total over £7000 pounds.

You know i bought a car for my brother inlaw in pakistan.

I did all this because i loved my wife.

I would have even sponsored her mother over but i simply could not financially do so.

I feel like comitting suicide on some days.

These people have milked me dry and now i feel so humiliated. Some of these things i cant tell anyone as i feel they will blame me for being so stupid for getting in this situation in the first place by letting them walk all over me

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:46 pm

jack5 wrote:Also i dont see my son as a mistake, i love him to bits, i would love to see him, but right now i have to think wat will happen to me.

You know when they got the visa to come to uk, my wife and her family said to me she will not come over to uk unless i buy a house in pakistan next to my inlaws house. They threatened if i dont buy the house i will never see my son again. They used him to get to my money.

At the time i was so desperate for him, i did not care about the money, i sent them £30,000 pounds so they can buy a house. A house that they promised would be half in my name and half in my wifes name.

Thats when she finally came over. Guess what they did buy a house, but my mother inlaw put it in her own name. Its rented out and they get the rent from it.

You know since i married her i went to pakistan 7 times in 3 years.

You know the applications of visas and appeal which i hired a barrister for cost me in total over £7000 pounds.

You know i bought a car for my brother inlaw in pakistan.

I did all this because i loved my wife.

I would have even sponsored her mother over but i simply could not financially do so.

I feel like comitting suicide on some days.

These people have milked me dry and now i feel so humiliated. Some of these things i cant tell anyone as i feel they will blame me for being so stupid for getting in this situation in the first place by letting them walk all over me
Firstly i don't think you should worry much about the rape charge, it will not even make it to court. You mark my words. I have worked for a Rape victims support group, and i know how strong the burden of proof has to be for the case to reach court. If it does go to court which is 0.01percent likely, you have lots of things in your favour to make the judge throw the case out at the first hearing. Not to mention your good character and character references you will be able to obtain from friends and work colleague.
Most rape cases that makes it to court are ones where the victims report the matter immediately, and when question of consensual arise. For example whether the woman was in the right frame of mind to consent and whether she was taken advantage of. This doesn't apply in your case. I hope you have a Solicitor incidentally.
From what i read, it seems as if these people were taking you for a ride. It is because your wife knew whenever she ask for something you provide it, which we all do when we are in love, which is why she left the house thinking you will want her to come back , and hence will do what she wants. I think you should have put your feet down and make her know you are not an ATM Machine. Based on those texts, i think she still love you in her own funny way, frustrated that you have not reciprocated could be the reason she went to the police to get your attention.
If that is the case, it will be vindictive.

At this present time, i think you need to sort your head out and then you can think about the child. Is counseling something you would be interested in. I could send you Private message on organisation that can be of help. How are your family reacting to this.

Committing suicide is not a wise step, so many people look up to you, especially your child.

She can be in the UK and not have anything to do with your life if you don't want her too. She cannot destroy your life, it is how you react to what she does to you that can potentially destroy your life and your great and successful career.

When i went to visit my friend in Jail, he was self-harming himself, after what his wife did to him. Now he said he is ten times happier.
You can get over this a stronger and prosperous person.

In fact i think you should abandon the home office pursuit, and show her how decent people can react. For your child's sake at least.
You should ask yourself what exactly you stand to gain pursuing her out of the country except revenge, and chaos to your poor son's life.

No one will blame you for your kind hearted nature, i don't know you, but i feel your pain like a brother of mine. What happened to you could happen to me or anyone. Your wife is at a greater loss, as she will almost certainly not get anyone like you ever in her life.

I will send you a private message. Check it out
Last edited by Obie on Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lahore_guy
Newly Registered

pakistan is the best

Post by lahore_guy » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:49 pm

hi
following up your posts and bro dont worry life always comes up with such things. i know its easy to say"don't worry" but really hard for the one who is going through.

Anyways i can just pray for you and advise you to pray for yourself as it is the best option and solution.

and one thing for sure keep it in mind if you are nice and not guilty, YOUR SON will never hate you rather you will see one day he will leave his mother and come to you. yeah initially it will be a tuff time for you.

dont worry even brainwashing cant hide the truth.

As far as uk visa of your wife is concerned my advise is dont give it a dam care. try to give a jesture that u dont want your wife tobe sent back even if she had done bad with you. Try to even signal her that u will not be a barrier and you dont care if she wants to live in uk. just a advice cuz BEING NICE IS THE BEST REVENGE

once she will feel that you will not create problems for her, she will definitely make mistakes in her police case by twisting and changing statements. you just play a delay tactics and let the opponent to make mistakes.

Anyways lot of prayers for you.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:20 pm

jack5 wrote:I was born in pakistan and came over to uk wen i was 3 with my mother just how my son and wife came over. my father was already a british citizen wen i was born.

I already did alk these enquiries when my son was born and was told by a solicitor i could not pass my british status to my son. Hence applied for his pakistani birth certificate, pakistani passport, and visa as a dependant.

I dont want my son to go back to pakistan, as you can see people would do anything to come here, so why should my son have to go back.

However if for this reason she gets to stay here then my life is over. A woman who is capable of doing wat she has done to me is capable of anything. What u have to understand is that people have been wrongly convicted of rape and sent to prison. This could be my fate

If i think about my son she could talk to me more. She has already sent me several messages after she left saying how she will tell my son bad things about me and then get him to hate me forever. On one text she blatanty has said she will go back to pakistan and change my sons name and bring him back to uk via someone else. on another text she said she will go back and get married again and give my son to her mother to look after.
I have passed all these texts onto the police.

The weirdest thing is 2 weeks before she made the rape allegations against me she sent me texts saying she missed me, loved me, missef having gender with me, and wanted to have gender with me. She also sent me pictures of herself smiling and stating she loved me. All this is with the police. I dont know how she will explain All this while saying i raped her too.

This woman has been blackmailing me so much and now crying rape.

I'm i. Such a bad state. End of the day i can see my son just hating me no matter wat i do, she will just brainwash him.

I know there is no way i will get sole custody, plus i have no intentions of making false allegations against her to get my way.
Make sure that you do NOT delete those texts despite passing them onto the police. The police here are smothered in bureaucracy so there's a chance that the texts might get misplaced etc. Keep a record of any contact between you and your wife that your wife instigates.

It's not easy but soon she'll be out of your life and hopefully banned for deception.

abidjan1

Post by abidjan1 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:16 am

hi jack5
your story is heartbreaking sorry.
all i can tell you is get a got lawyer to help you with your case.As for your goldigger of wife and her family is that i wish you to be strong and pray the almighty to make you strong through this case.
one think is that when you down there only one way is up. a strong person is the one who has the strengh to stand up when he falls.
all you did for love sake isn't lost don't let it wreck your life as you and son will the losers. fight hard to save your dignity and your son.
Good luck and god bless you

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:31 am

hi jack5

sorry to hear your story, its disgusting how people stoop so low to get what they want. Keep strong, and dont let her get to you, move forward, and pray to God for your son.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:17 pm

Hi Jack,

Hope you are alright.

Did the police set a date for you to go and see them, or did they say they will contact you on whether the matter will be taken forward. This will probably give you something to look forward to. You can get your solicitor to get them to speed things up, as you are a man of good character, and that them prolonging this investigation unnecessarily is defaming your character.

Also if you don't want your wife to contact you, you can seek an injunction, this will put an end to the text, blackmail and intimidation.

Do you think that will make things easier for you?

When things are settled you can arrange access rights to you child, where a neutral person could act as an intermediary.

The threat that she will take the child to Pakistan and change his name , have you got an evidence of that By law she has no right to do that, as you are the biological and providing father, and are still living.

Is the nature of the allegation conflicting with the nature of your job? if this is not the case, your career will not be in Jeopardy, in the short time any way, until this saga is dead and buried

I have done some research and found out that the court can impose a restriction on the child traveling overseas without your consent.

You have spent so much on this child, i think it will be a sad situation for them to take him away from you.

You seem concerned and shocked that the Home Office could have contacted her so swiftly. Is it something you regretted? if you don't want them to proceed with her removal, they could suspend it. It is up to you.
However i know cases where the HO had acted immediately following notification from spouse.

Stay sweet, and relax, try doing stuff you enjoy.

Look forward to hearing from you

chifrae
Newly Registered

Post by chifrae » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:34 pm

Sorry mate about the destruction your wife wants to cause you,

I went through similar problem. I was kicked out of my house , because my wife said i was treatening to kill her. This happens after i caught her in my bed with another man.

The police asked me out of the house, and i left him.

After her visa expired she came begging me, and getting my friend to come and beg me.

I just told her, i will not report her, but i will not help her either.

She sold my property and took all the money as well can you imagine.

I almost went insane.

Today i am doing well with another love wife, and where is she. In the dept of despire.

Stay calm mate you will be fine

jack5
Newly Registered

Post by jack5 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:53 pm

Hi guys

sorry i've been offline for a few days to sort a few things out. Thanks to all for the kind messages and support. It really means alot to me.

Currently i'm on bail u untill the end of this month. The police said they will investigate, make further enquiries as i gave them me mobile phone as evidence. I have a policeman friend who says i will be bailled a few times before they decide to charge me or drop the case, so this could take several months. This stresses me out even more.

I've decided to go back to work next week and see if i can get back to some normality. You know what the worst thing is? When my brother in law first came into the country on his spouse visa he begged me to help him find a job. Is english was not that good however i got him a job in my company. I actually was the one that interviewed him. Through this job he picked up english quickly and worked there for a year. Problem is he knows people there and i'm worried he might spread these wild stories to humiliate me at work.

I did so much for this guy and his family and they just used me.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:01 pm

jack5 wrote:Hi guys

sorry i've been offline for a few days to sort a few things out. Thanks to all for the kind messages and support. It really means alot to me.

Currently i'm on bail u untill the end of this month. The police said they will investigate, make further enquiries as i gave them me mobile phone as evidence. I have a policeman friend who says i will be bailled a few times before they decide to charge me or drop the case, so this could take several months. This stresses me out even more.

I've decided to go back to work next week and see if i can get back to some normality. You know what the worst thing is? When my brother in law first came into the country on his spouse visa he begged me to help him find a job. Is english was not that good however i got him a job in my company. I actually was the one that interviewed him. Through this job he picked up english quickly and worked there for a year. Problem is he knows people there and i'm worried he might spread these wild stories to humiliate me at work.

It's not easy to return to normal but it would be for the best in the long run. From what you've said i'd be very surprised if they didn't drop charges against you. As long as you have reported her to the HO, which you have, and don't support her ILR claim then her visa is technically invalid.

I wouldn't worry about the brother-in-law either. There are laws in place where destructive rumours in the workplace can result in disciplinaries and sacking if needed. Granted, the damage could already be done by then, but you can always put them straight and suddenly the one being humiliated is him and his family.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:28 pm

jack5 wrote:Hi guys

Jack i am so pleased to hear from you again. Your decision to go back to work is a marvelous one. It will help immensely. I have sent couple of private messages to check that you were keeping okay.

The scenario the police guy gave you is the worst case. He probably doesn't want to raise you hopes too high.

Your colleagues will be delighted to see you again.

This episode will pass away soon. Just stay strong and positive.

Between you and me, who do you think your colleagues at work are going to believe. A respected and trusted man like you whom they have known for so long, or a guy, whom out of the goodness of your heart you brought in, despite his substandard English skill. I certainly know who is more believable and who they will believe.

I personally don't think he well say anything. As he knows what him and his sister are up to. Whats at stake for them anyway.

If in the unlikely event he becomes a bit of a nuisance, you can always have him for defamation. You can even bring it to the attention of the police for harassment, and they will handle him appropriately.

Relax mate and stay sweet
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

jack5
Newly Registered

Post by jack5 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:36 pm

In a way i do feel sorry for her that she has stooped so low. it takes guts to go into a police station and get video interviewed and accuse your husband of these wicked things in order to get your stay. I did not know someone could be so cold hearted, i mean this is the woman that gave birth to my offspring and gave me a beautiful boy. How could she do such a thing? What sort of life will she have after all is said and done? What will become of my son?

If i get wrongly convicted and end up in jail, which has happened to people, will that be a fair price for her ILR just because our relationshipn ended? If she suceeds in these wicked ways she gets to stay here, do you think 10 years from now she'll look back and think with a smirk that it was worth it?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:47 pm

jack5 wrote:In a way i do feel sorry for her that she has stooped so low. it takes guts to go into a police station and get video interviewed and accuse your husband of these wicked things in order to get your stay. I did not know someone could be so cold hearted, i mean this is the woman that gave birth to my offspring and gave me a beautiful boy. How could she do such a thing? What sort of life will she have after all is said and done? What will become of my son?

If i get wrongly convicted and end up in jail, which has happened to people, will that be a fair price for her ILR just because our relationshipn ended? If she suceeds in these wicked ways she gets to stay here, do you think 10 years from now she'll look back and think with a smirk that it was worth it?
Please Jack, stop thinking in that way and be positive.

Why i think your wife did this act, is probably because she thought you don't love her any more and want her removed from the country, after the HO contacted her.

I have thought about it over and over and it keeps coming to my head, that because she didn't think rationally like you didn't when you wrote to the Home Office, she embarked on her destructive path.

However, what you did, could not be compared to her actions.

She failed to realise her Son's father could potentially face a jail term if she proceeded with these allegation.

I don't think she was planning this all along, or else she will not have incriminated herself by sending you those text messages, as it could be used in court.

I sort of think she might love you, but facing lots of pressure from family.

They might have some hold on her.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:01 pm

jack5 wrote:In a way i do feel sorry for her that she has stooped so low. it takes guts to go into a police station and get video interviewed and accuse your husband of these wicked things in order to get your stay. I did not know someone could be so cold hearted, i mean this is the woman that gave birth to my offspring and gave me a beautiful boy. How could she do such a thing? What sort of life will she have after all is said and done? What will become of my son?

I know it's easy for me to say, but i really wouldn't worry about it too much. Just make sure that if your wife contacts you just keep a record of it, don't delete any texts, emails etc and if she phones you then you can always ask your phone provider for a list of all calls received.

She is trying to bully her way onto an ILR. Without your support her visa is already invalid.

Whilst our judicial system can leave a lot to be desired at times, it's not completely incompetent to find you guilty in your situation. There are quite a lot of cases like this, in which the foreign spouse accuses the sponsor of rape, domestic violence etc in order to try and achieve the easy and quick way to ILR. You only have to read these forums to see that.

jack5
Newly Registered

Post by jack5 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:02 pm

I still have feelings for her even after she has accused me. We had some good times together. Yes we argued alot but dont alot of married couples argue?

The reason i wrote to the HO was because when she left me she came back to the house with the police to collect her belongings. There was no need for the police to be involved at all as we had just had a row. I know 100% her brother put her up to it. However what hurt me so much was the smile on her face whe. She was running around the house infront of the police gathering her belongings together. By getting the police involved over a small thing they messed up. Their intentions became clear to me why they had got the police involved. Maybe this was their biggest mistake.

Also the next day she repeatedly swore at me on the phone and said wanted a divorce. Her brother swore at me and i took no notice, but i still remember the nasty things she said to me.