ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marraige Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

londoner123
Newly Registered

Marraige Visa

Post by londoner123 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:22 am

I entered Britain back in Dec 2007 on HSMP visa, which is valid until 01 Dec 2009. Later my Wife (T) and two kids joined me on 19th Jan 2008 as my dependents.

Somehow or the other, my family left in Dec 2008 and 01 month later, in Jan 2009 I also left due to recession in the UK and resumed my new Job in the Middle East in March 2009. During these month me and my wife separated from each other.

Now Old friend of mine, in London, a divorcee with one kid, British national, single parent and getting benefits from government, is proposing me for the marriage. I want to know now;

1/ Can I go back to the UK and marry her, since I am having valid HSMP Visa. but what will happen if I didn't get my visa extension, due to any reason?

2/ Is it possible that she apply for Marriage visa now for me?? What will be the requirements to qualify as a sponsor??? will she be able to apply for marriage visa, while she is part time worker, getting benefits from the government?? Although I have enough skills and balance of my own to support myself and her (as I am having HSMP Visa)???

I will appreciate if someone guides me through this difficult time or at least pass me on any good solicitor's contact on PM.

I am looking forward for any help in this regard.

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:27 am

Are you actually divorced? Where is your wife now? I'm not sure I understand this women proposed to you? Do you know her? Are you in a relationship?

I'm not sure if she can sponsor you?

londoner123
Newly Registered

Post by londoner123 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:36 am

Ciaramc,
thanks for your reply,
me and my wife are being separated since December 2008 and she is living with here parents in her home country. I am in the process of divorcing her.

The women proposing me now is my friend and we know each other, though we don't have any pics. We don't have any relationship so far. I am going to meet her in July in England.

What are the requirements to qualify for being a sponsor of Marriage Visa?

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:34 pm

Ok are you sure you want to actually get married you have only just recently separated?
Why do you want to marry this women? You clearly don't have a relationship with her? Is it not better to date first to make sure this is what you both want ? As there are children involved in both sides?
You do realise that a relationship and issuing of visa is not based solely on how many pictures you have together? It takes more than a few pictures for a marriage to work as I'm sure you know?

Anyway have a read of this-

read here

londoner123
Newly Registered

Post by londoner123 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:48 pm

Ciaramc,

I really respect you and your suggestion.

As a matter of fact I am planning to go to London, to date her, will stay with her if it require, discuss with her all the issues and will decide then.

My queries are my Home Work as I must know my limits before committing any thing. As you mentioned in your mail, that both sides kids are involved would make our decisions very important and difficult ones. Although I know her as my friend since long, but kind of relationship we are going to forge would be totally different than previous one.

Thanks again for your assistance and good suggestions.

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:52 pm

Ok good for you! Just think at the moment your chances of being issue a marriage visa are pretty slim! But have a search of the forum and read some other stories of people in similar situations! Good luck you may just need it!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:07 pm

Obviously he is not going to let himself into something he is uncomfortable with.

Friends sometimes develop feelings for each other, there is nothing unusual or wrong about that.

With regards to the Visa, i am sure you will be able to secure it regardless of how the support is provided, so long as she doesn't resort to public fund to support you with benefits, you will be fine.

It will be nice if you get things sorted before your HSMP expires, to prevent any unforeseen situation.

Because you are on HSMP, you can get married and apply in the UK. You can even go for the same day fast track processing of your spousal visa although this will cost you a pretty penny. The last time i checked it was £750.

It will also be safe for you to try and get the divorce absolute before you proceed with the next marriage, as a word of caution.