ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU 1

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mirzhar

EU 1

Post by mirzhar » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:35 pm

Hi i was wondering if there is any one who was non eu and married to eu citizen then applied for EU1 and got it ..

My question is how long it took and what was written in letter and what you did after that ...?

Many thanks in advance

Obie
Ireland

Re: EU 1

Post by Obie » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:42 pm

mirzhar wrote:Hi i was wondering if there is any one who was non eu and married to eu citizen then applied for EU1 and got it ..

My question is how long it took and what was written in letter and what you did after that ...?

Many thanks in advance
A letter will be sent to you from the Irish Department of justice (EU treaty rights section) It will state Cause to Issue Stamp 4 EUFam.

You will be advised to take the letter together with your wife to the GNIB office , and they will register you and give you a new GNIB card which states Stamp4 EUfam. A stamp will be affixed on your passport stating the same.

After that you can leave that god forsaken place, knowning you won't have to deal with those incompetent people for at least five years, if you choose to stay in Ireland for that duration.

mirzhar

EU 1 Refused

Post by mirzhar » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:59 pm

Hi

Is there any one who been refused what ground was ? did you appeal any out comes . what advice people who had EU Fam 4 after EU1 and who been refused will give to the people who are waiting.

thx

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:45 pm

Maybe it would be more helpful if you can explain your situation and what you think the challenges are?

Obie
Ireland

Re: EU 1 Refused

Post by Obie » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:30 pm

mirzhar wrote:Hi

Is there any one who been refused what ground was ? did you appeal any out comes . what advice people who had EU Fam 4 after EU1 and who been refused will give to the people who are waiting.

thx
Mirzhar , be specific, i don't dig hypothetical scenarios or questions.

Have you received any reply from the DOJ yet ?

The EU treaty doesn't leave much room for maneuver, therefore there are only few grounds that one can get refusal.

1, Public policy

2. Public Security

3. Public Health (Highly unlikely if you are already in Ireland)

4. Marriage of Convenience, or failure to provide evidence of relationship(Marriage Certificate), residence in the sate(PRTB or other proof of resident), or evidence of exercising treaty rights(your partner activity in the State).

If you don't meet the four criteria mentioned above , you will most certainly not be refused. Except if Ireland was to introduce some illegal measures again.

All the people i know , who meet the requirements have either been granted or are waiting to be granted, none has been refused.

If one get refused, they normally apply for a review, which is usually done by a more senior officer than the one that previously made the decision. The review process usually takes about 4 months.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

mirzhar

Eu 1

Post by mirzhar » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:16 pm

Thanks directive & obie .

Well i am still waiting and expecting reply from DOJ in mid of Sept . But i was wondering how is going will others and waiting..