ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

BACK_TO_GB

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:01 pm

Last edited by BACK_TO_GB on Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Maintinance Funds - WHICH 3 months?

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:07 pm

BACK_TO_GB wrote: so for the sake of example: if am sending my app by post on the 20 of July for example: then I need stament to cover atleast from 20th of April am I correct?

I have a stement showing from 1st April to 30 of June so if I apply say on the 20th of July --- will it be sffecient to satisfy all the 1, 2, 3 conditions above ?? will it be safe that it is only exactly 3 month period ?
You are absolultely in understanding with the Maintenance concept.. .as per ur example you are ready to give a shot...

It is not a problem if u submit bankstatements from 1st april to 30th june..

You are good to goahead

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:09 pm

It is satisfactory to show 1st April to 30th June, if you are applying on 20th July. This satisfies all three rquirements.
To address any un-foreseen troubles, can you arrange until mid-July?

I'm not familiar with ING statements but I had provided my bank's statement without any stamping.

They are looking for credibility so, if you can provide any bank's contact so that they can verify, that would help too.

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:13 am

rsathish wrote:It is satisfactory to show 1st April to 30th June, if you are applying on 20th July. This satisfies all three requirements.

I'm not familiar with ING statements but I had provided my bank's statement without any stamping.

They are looking for credibility so, if you can provide any bank's contact so that they can verify, that would help too.
You are expected to show last 3 continuous months bank statement but the bank statement should not be more than 1 months old. So if you statement is from 1st April to 30th June, then you can apply with the same statement till 30th July (better to apply by 29th July) but no later that that.

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:14 am

rsathish wrote:It is satisfactory to show 1st April to 30th June, if you are applying on 20th July. This satisfies all three rquirements.

Pls don't provide bank statement without bank stamp on it. It will be considered as false and they will surely reject your application. If you cannot get stamp on your bank statement, then get a letter from Bank on their letterhead stating that they issued this statement on your request (from date to date) and it can be verified any time with them

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:42 am

1) Have you extended your visa & got your Tier 1 by providing signed & stamped bank maintenance statements?

2) Have you come across posts here where the visa was rejected because they haven't provided stamped maintenance statements?
AkashS wrote:
rsathish wrote:It is satisfactory to show 1st April to 30th June, if you are applying on 20th July. This satisfies all three rquirements.

Pls don't provide bank statement without bank stamp on it. It will be considered as false and they will surely reject your application. If you cannot get stamp on your bank statement, then get a letter from Bank on their letterhead stating that they issued this statement on your request (from date to date) and it can be verified any time with them

mhkhan

Post by mhkhan » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:57 am

Hi there,

I got my tier 1 last month. This might help you understand the requirement :

I had a back statement for 19th March to 19th June and applied on 21st June.

Its always safer to apply with the bank statement issued just few days before the application covering a 3 month period.

Best of luck,

[quote="BACK_TO_GB"]Hi members,

Yet another Query from me reg maintinance funds... am applying for ext of stay from HSMP to Tier 1....

the way I read the guidance notes is that there are 3 different / seperate sides to this requirment:

1) the statement have to cover 3 consecutive month at least
2) the date of the last stetment should be no longer than 1 month from the date of the application
3) the statement will cover a period of 3 month prior to the date of the application...

Note the difference between 1 and 3 please! is my understanding correct?

so for the sake of example: if am sending my app by post on the 20 of July for example: then I need stament to cover atleast from 20th of April am I correct?

I have a stement showing from 1st April to 30 of June so if I apply say on the 20th of July --- will it be sffecient to satisfy all the 1, 2, 3 conditions above ?? will it be safe that it is only exactly 3 month period ?

for those of you familiar with ING statments --- its printed on A4 by ING - is that OK? do I need it stamped?

Sorry for the long explanation but I hope every body see my point of 3 different requirments here...[/quote]

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:57 am

Did you ask your bank to stamp & sign the statements? or any additional letter?
mhkhan wrote:Hi there,

I got my tier 1 last month. This might help you understand the requirement :

I had a back statement for 19th March to 19th June and applied on 21st June.

Its always safer to apply with the bank statement issued just few days before the application covering a 3 month period.

Best of luck,

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:58 am

AkashS wrote:
Akash.. Lets not confuse more the guys who are already stressed and confused..

Regarding any Bank statement you are providing as proof for earnings or maintennance..

As long as the bankstatements are ORIGINAL recieved from to your postal address on their letter head and bank details with your name and account details and the respective dates from to... (pls see guidance for more meaning of ORIGINAL)

you can happily submit it as a source/proof, stamp and signatures are required in case the bank statements are printed over internet or if the letter head format of the banks is not original or black n white or incase you take the bankstatements by hand at the bank...

BACK_TO_GB

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:07 pm

Last edited by BACK_TO_GB on Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:28 pm

BACK_TO_GB wrote: I have an option of submitting statements from two different banks... one of them the statements just look very proffesional - Not printed on A4 but a weired size paper! with perforations and a serial page number that follows through the dates..... for that bank my staements have to go back to April 2008... and cover untill 2 weeks before app date..the way the statements work....

the other bank (ING) print statements on normal A4 paper in colour and the page is full of advertisments about their services! and you have to look very hard to actually find the sortcode! it is an original sent by post and everything - I have that exactly to cover 3 month by pure luck! all what I am saying is that it looks as if anybody could have printed it on a home printer via internet! but its 100% original with the bank contacts and all...

tvn_ramesh: which do you think is safest for me to send? thanks
One advantage of applying within UK is that HO knows/understands/identifies the different formats of bankstatements from different banks... so out of your 2options... i would suggest send those bankstatements which are ORIGINAL received from bank by post at ur address... do not worry how they look.. You know they are Original and u did not tamper with them that's it use them.. No need to worry...

even in worst case, if the case is rejected based on that you can still fight (i dont think u will have to do that.. u shd be fine)

Remember, things become very tough if we try to be toooo suspecious , which we dont need to...
I have one more question: I have a stement sent to me by post but it says COPY on it since it was a replacement statement for one that never arrived..... is this one labelled COPY considered to be an Original... or will it be rejected?
It is OK to send bankstatements which have COPY or DUP on them.. i applied like that and i got approval.. i have my accout in HSBC...

again becos these statements come from bank in that original(watever)format.. we dont need to worry...
Last edited by tvn_ramesh on Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BACK_TO_GB

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:49 pm

Many Thanks for the reply tvn-ramesh,

I think I just worry too much! Cheers,