ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stay in UK with poststudy visa but school not on T4 register

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

trouty00
Newly Registered

Stay in UK with poststudy visa but school not on T4 register

Post by trouty00 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:45 pm

Ok, so my g/f is currently studying in the UK and is due to finish this month and her visa expires in October.

The plan always was she would get a post study work visa however the problem is now the school where she studied is not on the "REGISTER OF SPONSORS (Tier 4 Students)" http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... seducation or the recognised bodies list http://www.dcsf.gov.uk/recognisedukdegrees/

The thing is the school is trying to get the school accredited on the register of sponsors list but I'm concerned that things are dragging on and we are unlikely to get this sorted before her student visa expires.

Has anyone else dealt with this or got any suggestions.

She is a American citizen and I am a UK citizen and we have lived together for the past 14 months or so but have been together for about 2.5 years, the first year and a bit was long distance which puts the partner visa out of the question i believe as we have to have lived together for 2 years.

Anyone have any ideas?
Stu

trouty00
Newly Registered

Post by trouty00 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:20 am

anyone??

tuhadda_fuffar

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:30 am

trouty00 wrote:anyone??

Its tricky....try to extend student visa further by enrolling in a good college and once your college gets affiliation....apply for PSW visa or you might consider partner visa again by that time...Good Luck.

trouty00
Newly Registered

Post by trouty00 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:54 am

is this really the only option? no chance of appealing the case as when she came in to the country the school met the old guidelines just 12 months ago.

Regards
Stu

tuhadda_fuffar

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:52 am

trouty00 wrote:is this really the only option? no chance of appealing the case as when she came in to the country the school met the old guidelines just 12 months ago.

Regards
Stu
Home Office is least bothered about the past status of the schools...all a case worker knows is the current situation of the school. If it is not in HO list and according to the UKBA guidelines....a straight rejection is inevitable. There are hundreds of students in this forum whose Colleges were recognised in past..… for example Cambridge College of Learning, they got the visas and after like 5-6 months it was raided by HO and now, even all the previous students are in trouble.

Don’t take a risk and if you are looking for an appeal, why you want to be stuck in creepy legislation and drag yourself? Time is money these days, invest your time properly..!!!!
Due regards.

trouty00
Newly Registered

Post by trouty00 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:54 am

This is kind of what I was expecting but good to know about the CCL case as this confirms my concerns, really going to have to look at other options then!

thanks for your help.
Stu

needhsmp

EXACTLY SAME SITUATION

Post by needhsmp » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:13 pm

HI GUYS

I AM ALSO IN EXACTLY SAME SITUATION MY VISA WILL EXPIRE IN AUGUST 2009 BUT ACCORDING TO COLLEGE THEY WILL GET THE REGISTERATION IN SEP-2009 WHAT WOULD YOU ADIVCE SHALL I GO BACK HOME OR I HAVE OTHER OPTION IS THAT I COULD APPLY HSMP VISA WILL THEY ALSO REJECT MY VISA BECAUSE OF COLLEGE IS NOT REGISTERED AS SPONSOR THANKS

psw2009
Member of Standing

same case as above

Post by psw2009 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:13 pm

have complete my degree in a college for a university qualification and want to apply for the psw visa but i will receive the degree next year but i could ask college for following documents to apply for visa.
1. Letter from college with all details as given in guidance notes by HO
2. Letter from University for the date of award
3. Transcript from the university

the only problem is that my friend visa is refused who was studying with me in the same college because college is not yet registered under tier4 and he didnt attach any university letter or transcript but i am going to attach university letter and transcripts as university have got the licence

The thing is the school is trying to get the school accredited on the register of sponsors list but I'm concerned that things are dragging on and it is unlikely to get this sorted before my student visa expires.

please let me have your comments i shall be very thankful to you.