ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

permanent residence vs retention of right.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

bebe2

permanent residence vs retention of right.

Post by bebe2 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:34 am

hi all
just wen i thot i was getting a hang of this eea saga,i get even more confused.

a friend of mine went to submit his application after 5yrs eea resident. she is the process of divorce, and the lawyer said she shunt ask for pr as that could be very complicated but the easier option was to ask for tetention of right in which case she wud get another five years.

this has totally confused as i never thot i had 2 option after my five years.

can anyone shed light on this please.
hi

mohdtammam
Newly Registered

Post by mohdtammam » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:29 am

well, as long as they have a permit to stay in any country, they can then apply for a visa to the UK at the british embassy or the UK visa section in this country.
i applied for a visit visa to the UK from the country that i have a residence visa in it, and i have been granted the visa.

bebe2

Post by bebe2 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:47 am

sorry u dont seem to understand wat talking about.

it about people that were married to eea national, got five years resident permit and have to apply for permanrnt residence after the five years.

thanks for ur effort anyway.
hi

mohdtammam
Newly Registered

Post by mohdtammam » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:16 pm

bebe2 wrote:sorry u dont seem to understand wat talking about.

it about people that were married to eea national, got five years resident permit and have to apply for permanrnt residence after the five years.

thanks for ur effort anyway.
sory about that i was replying to ( Applying for a visa from not your home country), i don't know how did two posts mix up.
sory for the inconvenience, unfortunately i can't help you, hope somebody will help with your matter,
best regards

noble72uk
- thin ice -

Re: permanent residence vs retention of right.

Post by noble72uk » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:36 pm

bebe2 wrote:hi all
just wen i thot i was getting a hang of this eea saga,i get even more confused.

a friend of mine went to submit his application after 5yrs eea resident. she is the process of divorce, and the lawyer said she shunt ask for pr as that could be very complicated but the easier option was to ask for tetention of right in which case she wud get another five years.

this has totally confused as i never thot i had 2 option after my five years.

can anyone shed light on this please.
Hi BEBE
Just to let you know under the Directive EU 2004/38/EC after continuous of 5 years residency the Applicants need to submit a confirmation of permanent residence.
So after 5 years is PR permanent residence not another 5 years.
If your friend is divorcing he need to submit a permanent residence application , just to let you know after 3 years been living with an EU, in case of divorce the non EU is allowed to apply for a PR ( permanent residence) as well.
Document to provide are The EU member documents but if in case of divorce Example after been living for 3years the NON EU need to provide the document from the date of the divorce till the 5th year of residency, so don’t let the solicitor Bull Shit you.
PS: I have a Friend who is still living with his wife as Me but the HO proposed another 5 years that he agree to take because his EU Wife wasn’t qualify she was under the benefit, I don’t blame the HO for that.

Regards Good Luck