ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting Master Degree for Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

oz_to_uk
Newly Registered

Getting Master Degree for Tier 1

Post by oz_to_uk » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:30 pm

Dear All,

Can someone advice some online master degree (in computers or MBA in IT or MBA) programme which is accepted by homeoffice for Tier 1 visa application.

- Preferable duration for degree should be 1 year
- Degree teaching mode should be online

I am looking to complete Master degree specifically for Tier 1.

Since some people may ask are you looking for degree or knowledge. To clarify in first place, I already have very good job and future. Right now I am looking for master degree only for Tier 1 visa.

PM me if you have any personal suggestion to get Master Degree.

I hope many people are now looking for answer to this question.

nksg

Re: Getting Master Degree for Tier 1

Post by nksg » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:58 pm

in my openion, what even online university you decide to join its always better to check the uni on the UKBA points calculator.. if you get the required 35 points its woth it..

just beaware there are lots of fake advertisements/emails.. best is to do the complete research before you spend your buck...
oz_to_uk wrote:Dear All,

Can someone advice some online master degree (in computers or MBA in IT or MBA) programme which is accepted by homeoffice for Tier 1 visa application.

- Preferable duration for degree should be 1 year
- Degree teaching mode should be online

I am looking to complete Master degree specifically for Tier 1.

Since some people may ask are you looking for degree or knowledge. To clarify in first place, I already have very good job and future. Right now I am looking for master degree only for Tier 1 visa.

PM me if you have any personal suggestion to get Master Degree.

I hope many people are now looking for answer to this question.

oz_to_uk
Newly Registered

Post by oz_to_uk » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:36 pm

Any help guys ?

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:20 pm

http://www.open.ac.uk/

Edit: whoops didn't realise it's only for Bachelor level

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:06 pm

oz_to_uk wrote:Any help guys ?
There is a online/correspondance MBA from Liverpool University which is recognised as well. Have got few friends who did from there and working on HSMP using the same.But since HO is cracking down on all the Universities/Colleges which are helping people to get the visa, you need to be careful to choose the university.

On second thought, if you are not based in UK it is good to surf around your place to look for such courses(obviously recognised by NARIC/PBS list).Generally most government affiliated institutions are recognised by NARIC.

love_ss
Newly Registered

Masters from a Distance learning

Post by love_ss » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:27 am

I know university in India from where we can do distance Masters in 4- 6 monthson which you get 35 Points for Tier1 Visa.

Call me on 07883543359 Hamza.

oz_to_uk
Newly Registered

Re: Masters from a Distance learning

Post by oz_to_uk » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:38 am

love_ss wrote:I know university in India from where we can do distance Masters in 4- 6 monthson which you get 35 Points for Tier1 Visa.

Can u pm me the uni name and other formalities. if u prefer u can post here.

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:00 pm

love_ss wrote:I know university in India from where we can do distance Masters in 4- 6 monthson which you get 35 Points for Tier1 Visa.

I cannot support these kind of dealings. You can cheat the screteria but cannot escape. Remember, if HO find out that you degree is not illegal your visa will be cancelled even after visa is issued to you. There are many cases in this very forum where people obtain degree/admission which provided fake degrees and get away with HO. But in the end, they were turned down and now facing 10 years ban.

kapoor@yahoo.com

Post by kapoor@yahoo.com » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:38 pm

Please ban such postings as these could potentially be harmful to genuine candidates.
chetanojha wrote:

I cannot support these kind of dealings. You can cheat the screteria but cannot escape. Remember, if HO find out that you degree is not illegal your visa will be cancelled even after visa is issued to you. There are many cases in this very forum where people obtain degree/admission which provided fake degrees and get away with HO. But in the end, they were turned down and now facing 10 years ban.

love_ss
Newly Registered

Its all geninune Procedure..

Post by love_ss » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:18 am

You will only get admission if you qualify ... the total mba is for 2 years but if u have a PG diploma or 5 years managment experience u get exemption for a year .. thats how it works you have to go to the university and appeared for the examination .. so how can it be ingeniune ... its an affordable option .... next exam is for december so if you can get addmission in that you will complete your mba in 6 months ..
it is vinayaka mission university
http://www.vmrf.edu.in:8080/vmude/