ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Fund - Llyods TSB Statement Problem - Pls help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SpiderKing

Maintenance Fund - Llyods TSB Statement Problem - Pls help

Post by SpiderKing » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:25 pm

Hi All,

I HSMP holder and applying for extension. I have all the documents ready. But the problem is Lloyds TSB bank statement.

Between two statement one day is missing. Cutomer Services of Bank and Branch says that there was no transaction on 11th June (missing date) therefore statement starts from 12th June. I tried to get a letter from Branch saying that there was no transaction on 11th June or minimum balance on 11th June was xxxxx. Both Customer Services and Branch refusing to issue such letter.

The details of statement looks like:

Statement Number: 45

Account Summary
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Balance on 16 April 2009 xxxxxx
Total Paid in xxxxx
Total Paid out xxxxx
Balance On 10 June 2009 xxxxx
----------------------------------------------------
Account Activity

10 June 09 Balance Carried Forward xxxxx

Next Statement:

Statement Number:46
Account Summary
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Balance On 12 June 2009 xxxxxxxxx
Total Paid in xxxxxx
Total Paid Out xxxx
Balance On 10 July xxxxxxx
------------------------------------------------------
Account Activity

12 June 09 Balance Brought Forward xxxxx

10 July 09 Balance Carried Forward xxxxxxx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please can some one help what I can do now. I called Home Office and they told me that caseworkers would like to see consecutive dates.

Regards
SK

ChetanOjha

Re: Maintenance Fund - Llyods TSB Statement Problem - Pls he

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:03 pm

SpiderKing wrote:Hi All,

I HSMP holder and applying for extension. I have all the documents ready. But the problem is Lloyds TSB bank statement.

Between two statement one day is missing. Cutomer Services of Bank and Branch says that there was no transaction on 11th June (missing date) therefore statement starts from 12th June. I tried to get a letter from Branch saying that there was no transaction on 11th June or minimum balance on 11th June was xxxxx. Both Customer Services and Branch refusing to issue such letter.

Account Summary
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Balance on 16 April 2009 xxxxxx
Total Paid in xxxxx
Total Paid out xxxxx
Balance On 10 June 2009 xxxxx
----------------------------------------------------
Account Activity

10 June 09 Balance Carried Forward xxxxx

Next Statement:

Account Summary
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Balance On 12 June 2009 xxxxxxxxx
Total Paid in xxxxxx
Total Paid Out xxxx
Balance On 10 July xxxxxxx
------------------------------------------------------
Account Activity

12 June 09 Balance Brought Forward xxxxx

10 July 09 Balance Carried Forward xxxxxxx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please can some one help what I can do now. I called Home Office and they told me that caseworkers would like to see consecutive dates.

Regards
SK
Since there is no transaction on the missing date, it didn't appeared on your statement. Which is fine.

If your transaction looks like this it is fine.
e.g.
Date -------------------Paid-In-------Paid-Out---------Balance
11/07/2009-------------------0---------10---------5010
12/07/2009-------------------10---------0---------5020
14/07/2009-------------------1---------0---------5021

Now from the above example 13/07/2008 is missing, which is fine as it inturn means the balance on that day was 2020.

Hope this will help.

srikp

Post by srikp » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:45 am

SpiderKing wrote:

Regards
SK
If the statement numbers are consecutive, and the balance never went below the required level during the period you are claiming, that is sufficient proof.

If you are still concerned, you might want to highlight in your cover letter about the continuous statement numbers.

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:38 am

srikp wrote:
SpiderKing wrote:

Regards
SK
If the statement numbers are consecutive, and the balance never went below the required level during the period you are claiming, that is sufficient proof.

If you are still concerned, you might want to highlight in your cover letter about the continuous statement numbers.
I think statement no. doesn't need to be consecutive. I recently receive my bank statement(Business Account) from my bank which jumped one sequence from the previuos statement. When inquired bank confirmed that is because no transaction was done that month and hence no statement as a result one statement no. is missing. I think the same practise is followed for personal account as well. Let other member confirm this for personal accounts.

srikp

Post by srikp » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:43 am

chetanojha wrote: I think statement no. doesn't need to be consecutive. I recently receive my bank statement(Business Account) from my bank which jumped one sequence from the previuos statement. When inquired bank confirmed that is because no transaction was done that month and hence no statement as a result one statement no. is missing. I think the same practise is followed for personal account as well. Let other member confirm this for personal accounts.
It has always been continuous numbering for my personal statements.

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:46 am

srikp wrote:
chetanojha wrote: I think statement no. doesn't need to be consecutive. I recently receive my bank statement(Business Account) from my bank which jumped one sequence from the previuos statement. When inquired bank confirmed that is because no transaction was done that month and hence no statement as a result one statement no. is missing. I think the same practise is followed for personal account as well. Let other member confirm this for personal accounts.
It has always been continuous numbering for my personal statements.
Have you come across any month when you have not done any transaction and received bank statement? Generally we all do transaction everymonth so never come up with the scenario.

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:53 am

But aren't Lloyd's supposed to give you statements without missing any dates?

Why did they miss 11th June, between 45 & 46 statement numbers?

If there was no transaction, weren't they supposed to show the balance carried over from 10th?

I guess it is easier for you to ask them to re-issue statement 46 from 11th June, rather than asking them to give a letter, as they might view the latter to be more time-consuming & complex from regulatory point of view.

srikp

Post by srikp » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:54 am

chetanojha wrote:
Have you come across any month when you have not done any transaction and received bank statement?
For me, there's been no month where there were no transactions.

Even in savings account, there's a certain amount credited by the bank as interest on a particular day of each month which makes up for lack of transactions.

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:15 am

rsathish wrote:But aren't Lloyd's supposed to give you statements without missing any dates?

Why did they miss 11th June, between 45 & 46 statement numbers?

If there was no transaction, weren't they supposed to show the balance carried over from 10th?

I guess it is easier for you to ask them to re-issue statement 46 from 11th June, rather than asking them to give a letter, as they might view the latter to be more time-consuming & complex from regulatory point of view.
No. This case is same for all banks. Even HSBC do that same. Only transactional information is mentioned in the bank statement.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:20 am

chetanojha wrote:No. This case is same for all banks. Even HSBC do that same. Only transactional information is mentioned in the bank statement.
Even though, there is no transaction present, statement dates are always consecutive.

Statement should read 11th June to whatever date.

In case of barclays, statement heading always have range, that statement falls in. Even though first transaction in that month is on 12th June. It will read as statement for 11th June to whatever date. And registering first transaction on 12th.

vt_76

Post by vt_76 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:51 am

Same with NATWEST, I submitted statements from OCT 08 to FEB 09.
So each time I receive statements (say for 3 months), first page header gives range for 3 months..and then individual pages list transactions between those dates..So I usually look at first page header(all the relavant transaction pages are pinned to this)when I need statement for certain period of time.

VT

gotcha wrote:
chetanojha wrote:No. This case is same for all banks. Even HSBC do that same. Only transactional information is mentioned in the bank statement.
Even though, there is no transaction present, statement dates are always consecutive.

In case of barclays, statement heading always have range, that statement falls in. Even though first transaction in that month is on 12th June. It will read as statement for 11th June to whatever date. And registering first transaction on 12th.

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:07 am

vt_76 wrote:Same with NATWEST, I submitted statements from OCT 08 to FEB 09.
So each time I receive statements (say for 3 months), first page header gives range for 3 months..and then individual pages list transactions between those dates..So I usually look at first page header(all the relavant transaction pages are pinned to this)when I need statement for certain period of time.

VT

gotcha wrote:

What if you do not have any transaction for the entire statement period. Does your bank still provide statement? What would be the detail in the statement as you have not performed any transaction in the statement period.
I have an account with HSBC who skipped the period for which I didn't performed the transaction. I receives transaction monthly...and I did not had any transactions during the statement period and hence the next statement I received was for the following statement period(for which I performed transaction). Worth checking with your bank.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:32 am

chetanojha wrote: What if you do not have any transaction for the entire statement period. Does your bank still provide statement? What would be the detail in the statement as you have not performed any transaction in the statement period.
I have an account with HSBC who skipped the period for which I didn't performed the transaction. I receives transaction monthly...and I did not had any transactions during the statement period and hence the next statement I received was for the following statement period(for which I performed transaction). Worth checking with your bank.
Event if you do not have transactions in that period, you will receive a statement for that period(With range as heading and other details. There is no skipping. Here I'm talking about Barclays.

And that's not possible in this case, because, OP is showing his previous earning.