ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need assistance

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sapphire

Need assistance

Post by Sapphire » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:32 pm

Could anyone please guide me on the salary assessment required for HSMP (General). I am currently in UK on a work permit with basic salary 31.5K per year and I also get 2.5K as part of salary package; however in my salary slip they appear below my basic salary. I understand that minimum requirement to apply for HSMP is 32K; could anyone assist me if for HSMP it will be considered as 31.5 + 2.5K or they will just considered the basic salary?

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:53 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Sapphire

Post by Sapphire » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:17 am

Thanks; I have already gone through that page; but m still confused if they would consider my 2.5K that I get as part of my package separately..

As its mention on the website that

Allowances
We will only include allowances (such as those for accommodation or schooling for your children) in the assessment of your previous earnings if they are part of your remuneration package and are not paid to reimburse you for money you have previously spent.
We will only accept allowances as earnings if they are declared in your payslips and your employment contract says that your employer must pay these allowances.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:47 am

Sapphire wrote:Thanks; I have already gone through that page; but m still confused if they would consider my 2.5K that I get as part of my package separately..

As its mention on the website that

Allowances
We will only include allowances (such as those for accommodation or schooling for your children) in the assessment of your previous earnings if they are part of your remuneration package and are not paid to reimburse you for money you have previously spent.
We will only accept allowances as earnings if they are declared in your payslips and your employment contract says that your employer must pay these allowances.
So Sapphire..

Under which heading do you get this??
I also get 2.5K as part of salary package;
More clear description of that 2.5K package may help to HELP you.

does it fall under any of these defined in the Guidance??

allowances (such as accommodation, schooling or car allowances) that form part of your remuneration package;
dividends paid by a company, where it is a company in which you are active in the day-to-day management, or where you receive the dividend as part or all of your remuneration package;
income from property rental, where this forms part of your business; and
payment in lieu of notice (a payment made instead of requiring an employee to work the normal period of notice when leaving a job).

Sapphire

Post by Sapphire » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:35 am

its (2.5K) is my on call allowance that I receive every month; I am working in an IT department where we provide 24x7 support to the business. This on call allowance I get every month besides my basic salary & in it is mentioned in the salary slip...

If I include this 2.5K then I qualify for HSMP otherwise I dont.....that is my I really need to know if that would be consider

Thanks

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:43 am

Sapphire wrote:its (2.5K) is my on call allowance that I receive every month; I am working in an IT department where we provide 24x7 support to the business. This on call allowance I get every month besides my basic salary & in it is mentioned in the salary slip...

If I include this 2.5K then I qualify for HSMP otherwise I dont.....that is my I really need to know if that would be consider

Thanks
I think you should be fine to include that part of the CAR Allowance as it is mentioned in the Guidance and below link where it mention as shown below...

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... s/#header3

Earnings we include in the assessment
We include previous earnings from:

salaried employment; or
self-employed activities.
Your overall total earnings can include those from several sources of work, including salaried employment and self-employed activities. Earnings do not need to have been with a single employer, and can be considered from full-time, part-time, temporary and short-term work.

Earnings may include, among other things:

salaries (including full-time, part-time, and bonuses);
earnings from self-employment;
earnings from business activities;
statutory maternity pay and contractual maternity pay;
allowances (such as accommodation, schooling or car allowances) that form part of your remuneration package;

just wait for any applicants who used it same like you to confirm this...

vt_76

Post by vt_76 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:38 pm

from my expeirience and my example..

I get bonus which is NOT guranteed depending how well the organisation performs..so this varies from year to year...this is included in my payslip under basic as some sort of bonus and it is part of my whole earnings..So when I claimed...I claimed for whole salary not just basic.

I think that should be fine from as it is included in gross salary and appears in payslips.

VT

Sapphire wrote:its (2.5K) is my on call allowance that I receive every month; I am working in an IT department where we provide 24x7 support to the business. This on call allowance I get every month besides my basic salary & in it is mentioned in the salary slip...

Thanks

Sapphire

Post by Sapphire » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:02 pm

its pretty much confusing..........if the HSMP application go unsuccessful; would it have any impact on the work permit?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:05 pm

Sapphire wrote:its pretty much confusing..........if the HSMP application go unsuccessful; would it have any impact on the work permit?
Its now no more HSMP.. it is Tier1(General) now..

No, if the Tier1(G) application is rejected you will still have the right to work and live in UK till your WPermit is valid and you are working with the same company..

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:06 pm

Sapphire wrote:its pretty much confusing..........if the HSMP application go unsuccessful; would it have any impact on the work permit?
No. If you are on a work permit and applying for Tier-1, in case your application in turned down..it will not affect your Work permit.

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:42 pm

I think he said Call not Car.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:09 pm

rsathish wrote:I think he said Call not Car.
Rightly spotted Sathish..
hmmm i am not sure about the call allowances.. will not comment/advice on this as i am not sure.. shd wait for experienced applicants to respond.

ambitions_high

Post by ambitions_high » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:33 pm

@Sapphire -- You mentioned that 2.5K "appear below your basic salary" in your pay slip. Is that included in the gross figure on your salary slip? Also, how do you recieve them? In your bank account along with your salary or through some other means?

Sapphire

Post by Sapphire » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:16 pm

Yes it is included in my gross salary and is credit to my bank account along with salary....so basically my salary that is credited into my bank account includes both basic pay and on call allowance....

ambitions_high

Post by ambitions_high » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:32 pm

You will be fine in that case, don't worry. As far as it is coming as gross salary in your pay slip and into your bank account, you can use them to claim as your earnings.

Sapphire

Post by Sapphire » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:59 pm

Besides everything; they even do Tax deduction on this on call allowance...

Sapphire

Post by Sapphire » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:38 pm

Further clarification required :); my university name appears (with selection enabled) in the requirement of English part of the point based assessment system on UKBA website....does this mean I do not need to give IELTS or any other English language test to gain compulsory 10 points?

I also qualify for 35 points for my Masters degree....

Please advice

Thanks

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:48 pm

Sapphire wrote:Further clarification required :); my university name appears (with selection enabled) in the requirement of English part of the point based assessment system on UKBA website....does this mean I do not need to give IELTS or any other English language test to gain compulsory 10 points?

I also qualify for 35 points for my Masters degree....

Please advice

Thanks
Yes you are right. Also check whether PBS calculator award you 10 points for your qualification.

Sapphire

Post by Sapphire » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:56 am

Thanks for help....since I will be switching from Work Permit to Tier 1 general category; may I know is that the only form (see link below) that I have to fill up? My work permit is expiring in 2012; it was for the five years issued in 2007...

Are there any other form that I need to submit particularly for my case (I mean from switching from WP to Tier 1)?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... er1general

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:36 am

Sapphire wrote:Thanks for help....since I will be switching from Work Permit to Tier 1 general category; may I know is that the only form (see link below) that I have to fill up? My work permit is expiring in 2012; it was for the five years issued in 2007...

Are there any other form that I need to submit particularly for my case (I mean from switching from WP to Tier 1)?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... er1general
Application form for Initial application within UK

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... linsideuk/

you need to submit the PBS Summary sheet along with this, cover letter and supporting docs..

dnshah2k

Post by dnshah2k » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:33 am

Hi Saphhire,

I wa also having the travel cost included in my payslip.

As long as the net amount in payslip is reflecting in your bank, it is always acceptable and will be consider in your gross income.

I have got the HSMP extension and have calculated the travel cost in my gross earning.

I'll advise on safer side please get a letter from employer declaring your monthly remuneration includes this additional pay, I had included this letter in my application

I hope it help you

Sapphire

Post by Sapphire » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:37 pm

Guys

The discipline in which I did my Masters degree does not appear in the drop down list of Point Based Calculator (PBC) when selecting details for qualification; is that fine to select "others" from the drop down if actual field is missing in the list?
Do I also need to send original transcript along with my Masters degree OR just degree alone would do?

Thanks again

push

Post by push » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:20 pm

Sapphire wrote:Guys

The discipline in which I did my Masters degree does not appear in the drop down list of Point Based Calculator (PBC) when selecting details for qualification; is that fine to select "others" from the drop down if actual field is missing in the list?
Do I also need to send original transcript along with my Masters degree OR just degree alone would do?

Thanks again
What is the institution and degree course?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Sapphire

Post by Sapphire » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:29 pm

Degree: Masters
Subject: Information Studies
University: Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Course Length: 1 Year
Passing Year: 2003

URL: http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/sci/graduate/inf ... udies.html

Sapphire

Post by Sapphire » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:33 am

Hello

I have a son who is recently born (in the UK); I have got his passport already made but there is no visa (entry visa) in it....anyone knows if visa for him is required for me to apply for HSMP? I am here on a Work Permit valid until 2012; I want to apply with my dependants for Teir 1 (General)... my wife and my another son have got entry clearence visa stamped on the passports...

Could anyone help?