ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependant visa refused with no appeal -- plsss help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

poorana.shankaran
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Dependant visa refused with no appeal -- plsss help

Post by poorana.shankaran » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:28 am

joined my husband in the UK on dependant work permit visa which was valid till 17 July 2012. Recently my husband got his HSMP tier 1 visa.

After we got his visa I applied for dependant on hsmp tier 1 visa on June 2009 but the application got rejected with the reason 'Insufficient Funds'.

I was not given the Right to Appeal because they had mentioned in their letter that the current visa dependant on wrok permit holds good till July 2012.

I was not convinced with the decision taken because of the follwing reasons:

1) I had enough funds and had provided the joint account bank statement and an online saver account of my husband (for which I have full access) that contained sufficient funds for the period of March till May 2009.

2) My major concern is what will be the impact my visa will have if the current work permit status of my husband becomes void.

I had sent a letter along with the photocopy of the bank documents to UKBA in Sheffield asking them to clarify the above two points but still they have not received any response from them.

Im not sure whether the visa which im currently holding is valid because it is clearly given in my husbands passport that the "HSMP Tier 1" visa supersedes the earlier work permit .

Please advise on how to resolve the issue asap.

Thanks in advance

kapoor@yahoo.com

Re: Tier 1 Dependant visa refused with no appeal -- plsss he

Post by kapoor@yahoo.com » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:00 pm

What is the amount (min balance) shown on bank statements ( for 3 months ) and how much was expected ? was there any explanation of such sort of on rejection letter from caseworker?

poorana.shankaran
Newly Registered

Post by poorana.shankaran » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:10 pm

should have 800 pounds(for my husband who is the main applicant) + 533 pounds (for myself).. and I had more than the required total...

Requirement not met as per Paragraph 319C of the immigration rules i.e. maintainence fund of 533 pounds is not present is the reason given in that letter..

I checked both the bank stmts (online saver and current account)that i have sent along with my application had total sum more than that expected and there was no drop of fund even for a single day...

crestwater
Newly Registered

Post by crestwater » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:03 pm

I think the case worker only checked one account, he/she did not add up the 2 accounts you sent for your application.
Did you explain this in your cover letter? If not send a letter explaining that you want the sum of the two accounts to be considered for your maintanance fund.

kapoor@yahoo.com

Post by kapoor@yahoo.com » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:09 pm

it seems caseworker has overlooked your documents.

Meanwhile, apart from waiting for your letter's response, you can also:

1. Drop a mail to Tier-1 customer care with your case docs, application reference number and ask for advice. you can also mention about the letter that you've already sent ( and royal mail tracking no., if any)
2. If you are not getting any response (in 2-3 weeks), make a complaint at
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... complaint/

regarding your visa, since your husband has got TIER-1, his work permit is no longer relevant but that does not invalidate his or your work Visa.

Moreover, you've also got home office communication in this regard, so nothing to bother.

poorana.shankaran
Newly Registered

Post by poorana.shankaran » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:11 pm

I did specify it in my covering letter that for maintainence funds im showing both the accounts... also in starting page of the 2 bank stmts i placed a note specifying for what purpose the document has been submitted..

problem is i have sent them a letter now explaining everything again but just concerned about the fact that whether they will reply for my letters also I dont know whether my visa is valid...

also for reapplying i will have to send the same documents which they might reject again... so im trying to find what was the exact reason they have rejected my application before reapplying :?

poorana.shankaran
Newly Registered

Post by poorana.shankaran » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:13 pm

hi kapoor.. thanks for your response.. can you please give me the contact details of Tier1 customer care...

kapoor@yahoo.com

Post by kapoor@yahoo.com » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:51 pm

poorana.shankaran
Newly Registered

Post by poorana.shankaran » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:08 pm

thanks a lot Kapoor... will send a mail now and see wat response i get from them...