ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SPOUSE DEPENDANT VISA REFUSED

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

curator
Newly Registered

SPOUSE DEPENDANT VISA REFUSED

Post by curator » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:21 pm

Hi,

i am wondering if anyone could help me here.

i am currently on the HSMP work visa and my wife had to go back to our home country to apply for a dependant visa under mine. She initially entered the UK on a student visa but had to go back to do an out of country application as that was the requirement. To cut a long story short, the entry officer in her home country refused her on "Deception" grounds. The reason was that when she applied for her student visa initially we were married in court and she filled in single. She also didnt put my name as one of family members she had in the UK.

The entry officer argued that this was deception. The reason she didnt indicate she was married was because we did the court marriage secretly and at the time her father was the one sponsoring her studies and she didnt want him to know. We later had a court wedding a few months after the court and this is the wedding our parents recognise.

She has now been done for deception and was giving right of appeal. I am about to contact the Immigration Advisory Service to help with the appeal but wanted to know if anyone has had a similar experience and ultimately some advise.

Thanks.

polo100
Newly Registered

Post by polo100 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:18 pm

hey..whats your status now?
my case isnt exactly teh same but some what u can say, my wife also cam eon student visa but her PSW was refused under the deception grounds , now im wondering will she be able to apply once her ban is over?

navbulls

Post by navbulls » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:22 pm

Hi! Curator, polo100

Guys where did you apply from..

Further you need to send appeal to BHC or AIT within 28 days of it been refused... At hearing stage you can argue your grounds of appeal. Sending appeal to BHC can save you some time as the case would be reviewed by the ECM and thereby overturn the original refusal.

Best of luck...
Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting...