ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ci07jjs

ILR

Post by ci07jjs » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:44 am

Hi,

I am trying to get an appoinment with homeoffice for ILR application. They are saying that they are fully booked till 14 september. they can't even give me a time when the next slot of appoinment availability is going to be released. I was wondering if they are telling the truth?

p.s. don't want to apply by post as a bit paranoid about them losing the passport and their time delays etc.

Many thanks

hert

Post by hert » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:37 am

Hi ci07jjs,

There is a thread about PEO- Croydon appointment that lists few tips while booking an appointment -
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... c&start=20

summary- Try to call around 9am (2-3 minutes earlier) and hopefully you would success.

BTW, Do you have any dependents and any preference of any PEO centre?

cheers

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:27 am

Did you ask for an appointment at any of the PEO's? You can keep ringing to see if you can get slot from a cancelled appointment.

mirnat

Post by mirnat » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:43 am

If you are forced to apply by post (due to no appointments becoming available) you could do what my husband did when he applied for ILR which was to include in with his application a special delivery envelope and a request that they return his passport and all documents in that envelope. He made a note of the special delivery envelope number so we could track it on Royal Mail’s website. He got his ILR and all documents back 5 weeks after posting. His brother is currently trying to get an appointment and has been told the same thing. He got an appointment in the end in Liverpool for 11th August.

ci07jjs

Post by ci07jjs » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:59 pm

hert wrote:Hi ci07jjs,

There is a thread about PEO- Croydon appointment that lists few tips while booking an appointment -
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... c&start=20

summary- Try to call around 9am (2-3 minutes earlier) and hopefully you would success.

BTW, Do you have any dependents and any preference of any PEO centre?

cheers
thanks will try tomorrow morning before 9.

No dependants luckily

Thanks again

ci07jjs

Post by ci07jjs » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:01 pm

Casa wrote:Did you ask for an appointment at any of the PEO's? You can keep ringing to see if you can get slot from a cancelled appointment.
Thanks.

Yeah - I told them I am flexible to go anywere but unfortuantely all were booked. They won't even tellme when the next slot will be available. I believe its 6 weeks before you can book appoinments and had to call well early to succeed in getting a booking.

ci07jjs

Post by ci07jjs » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:03 pm

mirnat wrote:If you are forced to apply by post (due to no appointments becoming available) you could do what my husband did when he applied for ILR which was to include in with his application a special delivery envelope and a request that they return his passport and all documents in that envelope. He made a note of the special delivery envelope number so we could track it on Royal Mail’s website. He got his ILR and all documents back 5 weeks after posting. His brother is currently trying to get an appointment and has been told the same thing. He got an appointment in the end in Liverpool for 11th August.
Thanks for that. I am just not confident giving my passport to the homeoffice, but will consider it if I am having no joy in getting an appoinment.

ci07jjs

Post by ci07jjs » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:34 am

I was told by the Homeoffice that all the appoinemtns were taken till 14 september yesterday. I was hoping to ring early today and get one for 15th september.

Today I called in first thing (2 min before 9) to get an appoinment and was given options to press on the phone. I was asked to select option 2 to go into the genral queue which i did. I got a message saying you are in a general queue but 2 seconds later it asked me to choose the options again! so I pressed 2 again but the same thing went on again and again for 5 min. By now the time was 9:05 and I decided to hang up as it may have been a technical fault and decided to try again. This time I got through to some one at 9:10 and all the appoinments are taken now until 15 september!

The guys at homeoffice would make perfect employees to work in a circus! F***king jokers.

rkudum
Newly Registered

Post by rkudum » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:59 am

The turn around times have been very quick with Post as well.
I got my ILR in 3 weeks by post.
And i know lot of people who have recieved theirs within 3 weeks.
I put in a Special delivery envelope for them to return my documents .

ci07jjs

Post by ci07jjs » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:05 am

rkudum wrote:The turn around times have been very quick with Post as well.
ok thank you. I might have to take that advise if it carries on this way. I am not eligible till 20th Aug.

Can I ask what category you applied under? I am hoping to apply for the 10 year long residence and I am intending to send the following documents:

Application form
Coverletter
Passports (all)
Life in the UK test certificate

Is that enough please?

Many thanks

rkudum
Newly Registered

Post by rkudum » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:10 am

ci07jjs wrote:
ok thank you. I might have to take that advise if it carries on this way. I am not eligible till 20th Aug.

Can I ask what category you applied under? I am hoping to apply for the 10 year long residence and I am intending to send the following documents:

Application form
Coverletter
Passports (all)

Is that enough please?

Many thanks
Category applied under:- HSMP JR
I am not aware of the exact documents required for 10 years
I sent in my P60's for the last 5 years
I think you might need more documentation to be produced.
Please check the guidance documnet for further information reagrding documentation.

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:11 am

... same with me, got my ILR via postal application in 3 weeks.

rkudum
Newly Registered

Post by rkudum » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:14 am

justice_will_reign wrote:
... same with me, got my ILR via postal application in 3 weeks.
Yeah Looks like Home office are working on a 20 day SLA.
I got to know this as by mistake when they returned the documents there was an internal feedback form which stated that SLA was 20 days.

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:17 am

Turn around times are alot longer for 10 yr LR so expect 3-6 months
Magsi

ci07jjs

Post by ci07jjs » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:48 am

I just found out they are allocating specific appoinment quotas for different types of visas. I was wondering what if I lie to the homeoffice that I am going for a 5 year permit/student visas (for which they have appoinemtns available) and act innocent?

Will I get into trouble? If they refuse to see me may be I can blame them for making the mistake

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:51 am

ci07jjs wrote:

Will I get into trouble? If they refuse to see me may be I can blame them for making the mistake
Yes you will, you wont be able to do that, There are only 6 appointments available under the LR and that too across all the PEO's
Magsi

ci07jjs

Post by ci07jjs » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:18 am

magsi23 wrote:
Yes you will, you wont be able to do that, There are only 6 appointments available under the LR and that too across all the PEO's
ok thanks. will try again tomorrow morning for 16th september.

ci07jjs

Post by ci07jjs » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:32 am

Called again first thing in the morning (9:00) - the woman's computer crashed and had to wait for another 12 min before she got it sorted. Guess what !?! All appoinments taken!

bani

Post by bani » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:36 am

ci07jjs wrote:Called again first thing in the morning (9:00) - the woman's computer crashed and had to wait for another 12 min before she got it sorted. Guess what !?! All appoinments taken!
It is really tough to get those 10 year ILR appointments, I think. But also try later in the day, there might be cancellations that become available (small chance but you never know).

ci07jjs

Post by ci07jjs » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:48 am

bani wrote:
ci07jjs wrote:Called again first thing in the morning (9:00) - the woman's computer crashed and had to wait for another 12 min before she got it sorted. Guess what !?! All appoinments taken!
It is really tough to get those 10 year ILR appointments, I think. But also try later in the day, there might be cancellations that become available (small chance but you never know).
Thanks I will keep trying

ci07jjs

Post by ci07jjs » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:58 pm

Hi,

Finally got appoinment 3rd week in september in glasgow.

Thanks for all the help.

Jai

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:01 pm

ci07jjs wrote:Hi,

Thanks for all the help.

Jai
All the best with your application...

lboro

Post by lboro » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:42 am

Jai
Which date?

ci07jjs

Post by ci07jjs » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:59 am

lboro wrote:
Jai
Which date?
actually changed it again now! now got one in london...hurray :-)

indianuk

Post by indianuk » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:10 pm

Hi Ramesh,
Just need some help on this. I am due this 15th Aug and would like to appear for in person ...2 things i would like your help on - I dont have P60's for last 5 years..Instead just for last 3 years...what else can i show as proof? And could you also send me the list of documents that you took along with you. THnks for your help in advance...
rkudum wrote:
ci07jjs wrote:

Application form
Coverletter
Passports (all)

Is that enough please?

Many thanks
Category applied under:- HSMP JR
I am not aware of the exact documents required for 10 years
I sent in my P60's for the last 5 years
I think you might need more documentation to be produced.
Please check the guidance documnet for further information reagrding documentation.