ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My Visa- Urgent

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nenya
Newly Registered

My Visa- Urgent

Post by nenya » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:07 pm

Hi Friends,

I have recently applied for Tier 1 visa form the UK. I applied on the 23rd July and HO tried to take out the payment on the 10th Aug and were unsuccessful due to wrong card details. Now when I rang HO they told me that in such situation they are going to return my application to me and as my leave to remain expired on the 2nd of Aug I have to go back to my country. My employer came to know about this and now they are not sure if they can allow me to continue working. They have queried it to the HR Immigration team and will get back to me soon. But I am really anxious and wondered if any of you guys were in a similar situation before. I m really worried abt my job. Do you know if by law they have to give me certain timeframe wherein I can reapply for my visa widout leaving the job?

I am really serious and am feeling really sad about this so please don't make any jokes about the situation I am in at the minute. Any genuine suggestions are welcome.

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:33 am

Has the application been returned to you as yet? If not you still are legally allowed to work. If yes and if you haven't been granted further leave to remain then it's bad news. You are normally given 28 days to leave the country.

Did you provide the wrong card details ? If it's the HO that made a mistake while taking out payment, then follow this discussion you'll find some pointers to take it forward.

nenya
Newly Registered

hi

Post by nenya » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:15 pm

Hi thr,

Thanks for your reply.The application was returned to me day before and I have reapplied so is now under consideration. My employer dismissed me yesterday saying I do not have a valid leave to remain in this counry. I think its an unfair dismissal as the home office has not asked me o leave the country and all my documents are with them. wat do u think?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: hi

Post by Wanderer » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:27 pm

nenya wrote:I think its an unfair dismissal as the home office has not asked me o leave the country and all my documents are with them. wat do u think?
I think that's unfair on the employer who risks a huge fine for employing someone without LTR.

You've admitted giving the HO the wrong card details so why not accept the blame and try other avenues.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

nenya
Newly Registered

@ wanderers

Post by nenya » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:59 pm

I think you did not get me, my application is still under consideration and I am not an illegal immigrant. The HO has not rejected my application so how can an employer just assume that. Moreover, this has happened to me before, the HO sent my applicaion back as I had made some mistake while filling out the application form, I corrected that and sent i back and even then my visa i ws on had expired.
FYI, I have spoken to the home office and they confirmed to me saying that anyone cannot say that my LTR has expired whilst the application is still under consideration. I am being punished for my honesty.