ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How is the current IT job market in UK?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tier1_ilr_bc
Newly Registered

How is the current IT job market in UK?

Post by tier1_ilr_bc » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:44 am

Hi All

Recently got my Tier 1 visa approved. Had a few questions regarding job search in UK. Please advice me with your expert opinions.

I. How is the current IT job market in UK for skill sets like "Performance Testing - LoadRunner"?

II. Is this is a good time to go to UK and search for a job? If NO, when do you think things will improve? How about Jan 2010?

III. Please let me know the best IT job search websites in UK. For example in India, naukri.com, monsterindia.com, timesjobs.com etc are considered the best.

IV. What would be the ideal location to stay in UK while searching for a job? Please consider aspects like cost of living and proximity to companies where I might have to attend interviews.

Regards

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:44 am

You can try jobserve.com or cwjobs.co.uk (important sites. there is monster.co.uk and jobsite.co.uk)

It is amazing to see you have chosen the username Tier1-ILR-BC clearly indicates your intentions. But it is long and winding road.

tier1_ilr_bc
Newly Registered

Post by tier1_ilr_bc » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:46 am

Thanks tech.
How is the IT job market in UK now? Please advice.

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:54 am

Answer to your one line question - very bad

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:18 am

Suggest you go through the past few threads to get a clear understanding.
Replying here is only duplicating threads and wastign effort.

Market can be good or bad depending on your skills, risk appetite and time on your hands. In general and on an average it is bad and noone can predict when it will improve - today, tomorrow or never - I'm afraid we cant bell the cat :-)

So do read other posts and Im sure you will get your answers

Cheers
KP