ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport not certified - Spousal Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sirpsychosexy
Newly Registered

Passport not certified - Spousal Visa

Post by sirpsychosexy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:55 am

Wife has gone back to the States to apply for the above Visa. Have just realised that the photocopy of my passport wasn't certified(didn't realise you needed it done, until i looked a previously posted message). Will she be able to go through without this, or is it something i need to get done and sent over? Thanks.

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:15 am

certifying passports does not make any difference to the ECO..

these days every thing is computerized.

one single passport data request from the UKBA or American agency or whatever will reveal the entire complete authenticty and u or ur wifes identity and to where and when u or ur wife ever travelled on ur passports etc....

so just relax....

people say im a bad person...but im just so upset and miss my dear husband so much.... im starting to have sleepless nights ....

May heaven and peace be with u and ur wife forever...ameen!

D_W

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:17 am

In my opinion, you would be wise to submit a certified copy of your passport...it will depend very much on the ECO reviewing the application.
The Regulations state that all official documents should be certified if the originals aren't submitted.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:29 am

Casa wrote:In my opinion, you would be wise to submit a certified copy of your passport...it will depend very much on the ECO reviewing the application.
The Regulations state that all official documents should be certified if the originals aren't submitted.
I agree. Better to do that, than have the application put 'on hold' while they wait for a certified copy. 'Course it depends on the ECO on the day; but why take a chance when you can avoid it?

sirpsychosexy
Newly Registered

Post by sirpsychosexy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:33 pm

Thank you, will get that done asap. Also come to think about it bank account wasn't certified either, i guess i should do that as well. I am thinking they are official docs as well.

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:37 pm

have u ever thought from the ECO prespective....

if it were him/her seeing ur papers....then no matter how many lovely pretty stamps endorsements u have on ur paper.....they will always investigate and do their own homework to see the legitimacy of ur papers...

all u should take care of is not to submit fraudlent documents....which im sure u have not done so....

has it ever occured to u that they perhaps verify the solicitor stamping/endorsement as well?.....sounds really funny does'nt it?

the rest i leave to u.....

D_W

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:47 pm

sirpsychosexy wrote:Thank you, will get that done asap. Also come to think about it bank account wasn't certified either, i guess i should do that as well. I am thinking they are official docs as well.
Bank statements should be ORIGINALS anyway. Are these copies as well?

sirpsychosexy
Newly Registered

Post by sirpsychosexy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:21 pm

Not copies, i bank online, so just printed them off from the computer.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:29 pm

sirpsychosexy wrote:Not copies, i bank online, so just printed them off from the computer.
Ooops, in that case they should have been stamped and dated by the bank with their official stamp at your nearest branch.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

navbulls

Post by navbulls » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:15 pm

Hi!
I would recommend you go to your Bank and ask them to print you "Statement of Account", which they stamp n on request bank can also provide you with a covering letter confirming your current address, name, balance on date so there is no confusion...

All the above can be done at your nearest bank branch..

Hope it helps!

Take care

UKGuyLondon

Post by UKGuyLondon » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:49 pm

Hi,

I'm probably the one whose post you saw!

Just to share my experiences with you, I applied from Karachi and sent attested copies of UK Passport to BDHC in Islamabad after originally submitting my wife and son's application. Got them returned with a letter saying that settlement applications from Pakistan are processed in the UK. Gave me an address to send my documents to UKBA in London.

Sent the documents to London address and no-one was willing to receive them there since they were addressed "To the visa officer". Said that I must put down a name. :x Tried calling them up to get a name but they are like ghosts and impossible to get a hold of. I kept getting an error from the number. These guys are too cunning...

Anyway, I then decided to forget about the whole thing and leave everything up to God. Have now thought, who better to certify and assess that my UK passport copy is genuine than the UKBA themselves? They obviously have access to my original passport on their database and can verify the photocopy's authenticy. I have tried to the best of my abilities and now have no other option but to wait...