ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Plan UK 1000th draft

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

Eldorado
Newly Registered

Plan UK 1000th draft

Post by Eldorado » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:09 pm

Me - 35 years old British citizen.
Her - 37 years old Argentine
Him - 14 years old Argentine - disabled.

Married Nov 2004, longest spell together outside of country 3 years.

After taking into consideration advice I have received in previous threads I have decided to return to the UK, find employment and then to make the application for my wife to join me. Sadly, we are not in a strong enough financial position to make a successful application for him as well. So, her parents have offered to look after him for up to a year while we both setup a decent base in the U.K from which to proceed. We will, of course, be sending money back to Argentina on a regular basis and will keep all receipts to prove that we are still supporting him. We are in the process of getting a judicial order so that my wife can claim sole responsibility for him when we come to take him to the UK.

Also, we plan to sell our car (her parents also have one) and look to use the proceeds to boost my wife's spousal application. The car is worth around about 4k. Should I keep receipts of the sale to prove where this money has come from? My parents rent a council home and have agreed to check the tenancy agreement and provide a letter stating that we are able to stay rent free with them. Sorry for the rambling nature of this post, but I wanted to see whether any of you wise owls can spot the holes in this plan.

Eldorado
Newly Registered

Post by Eldorado » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:21 pm

Any thoughts? Would there be any forseeable issues with us leaving the child for a year and then my wife returning to make the application for him?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:32 pm

Who is the Him? is it your son or you wife's.

It is perfectly fine for the family to provide you with accommodation, but that is where the support is suppose to end as ruled by a UK judge. Is the family accommodation suitable enough.

The money should be paid into an account, for which you will be providing evidence in the form of a bank statement.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Eldorado
Newly Registered

Post by Eldorado » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:57 pm

Him is my wife's son (I know it sounds very cold to say it like that, but although I call him my son, in the eyes of the law he is not).

Third party support would be in the form of accommodation only. It would be for my wife and I. After 6 months or so we plan to rent a house suitable for three persons, one of which is disabled.